Fantasyland Expansion

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Fantasyland Expansion

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Soarin08 wrote:A link to proof of that claim. Since a lot of people find that to be confirmation for everything. :roll:
Well...if it's on the internet it must be true. ;)

I had a feeling they would be changing the queue for Peter Pan...as it is the worst queue in MK now that they have redone Dumbo and Big Thunder.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Mon 18, 2013 5:25 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:A link to proof of that claim. Since a lot of people find that to be confirmation for everything. :roll:

I had a feeling they would be changing the queue for Peter Pan...as it is the worst queue in MK now that they have redone Dumbo and Big Thunder.
Well having two sets of bathrooms fifteen feet apart is a bit redundant and a silly use of space. The interactive queue idea seems to have caught on well.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:

Well having two sets of bathrooms fifteen feet apart is a bit redundant and a silly use of space. The interactive queue idea seems to have caught on well.
people who suffer with Irritable Bowel Syndrome would disagree ;)

As pretty as the old Fantasyland Skyway Station was just sitting there...it was equally depressing. I'm glad this space will be used...and that it was done in an incredibly creative way. Can't say the same for some of the bathrooms in Future World. :roll:

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Mar Mon 18, 2013 10:46 pm

oh, come on, ya' slap some color in the Loo, and give it a soundtrack... Viola! attraction!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 19, 2013 7:35 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:oh, come on, ya' slap some color in the Loo, and give it a soundtrack... Viola! attraction!
:lol: Well, music would make most of us here on Subsonic pretty happy anyhow ;) :lol:

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Mar Tue 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Amy wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:oh, come on, ya' slap some color in the Loo, and give it a soundtrack... Viola! attraction!
:lol: Well, music would make most of us here on Subsonic pretty happy anyhow ;) :lol:
:lol:I hope eventually Subsonic can add the music from this area...really love it :hatter_bounce:

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Mar Sun 24, 2013 7:44 pm

When I ask for a link, it's not that I doubt your report, it's because I want to know more information about what you're saying. Like this, for example - I'd love to read more detail about what they're planning with Peter Pan. That queue is horrendous. Do you have a link? :lol:
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Apr Sun 14, 2013 3:38 pm

After watching a video about Disneyland Paris, I am so disappointed that Disney didn't incorporate some of the attractions here into the New Fantasyland. VERY disappointed! What an absolute gorgeous park :mickey:. Instead of all the attention on "princesses" they could have really mixed things up and included, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and even did more on the storybook theme instead of just the circus. Did we really need two Dumbo's? Now it seems silly to me. They could have just made one larger. I was talking to a friend who is going to WDW in the Fall, and she has two boys, 8 & 10 yrs old. I started to talk to her about the expansion and then realized that most of the New Fantasyland won't be of any interest to them at all :shock: :?. The Storybook ride in Paris that I think may resemble the one in Anaheim, is so amazing and would have been a wonderful addition. I know a lot of people might say, if you don't like it, go to Disneyland Paris, but I truly think they could have done a much more diverse job with this expansion instead of entire areas with nothing but restaurants and princess meet & greets :? :evil:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:After watching a video about Disneyland Paris, I am so disappointed that Disney didn't incorporate some of the attractions here into the New Fantasyland. VERY disappointed! What an absolute gorgeous park :mickey:. Instead of all the attention on "princesses" they could have really mixed things up and included, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and even did more on the storybook theme instead of just the circus. Did we really need two Dumbo's? Now it seems silly to me. They could have just made one larger. I was talking to a friend who is going to WDW in the Fall, and she has two boys, 8 & 10 yrs old. I started to talk to her about the expansion and then realized that most of the New Fantasyland won't be of any interest to them at all :shock: :?. The Storybook ride in Paris that I think may resemble the one in Anaheim, is so amazing and would have been a wonderful addition. I know a lot of people might say, if you don't like it, go to Disneyland Paris, but I truly think they could have done a much more diverse job with this expansion instead of entire areas with nothing but restaurants and princess meet & greets :? :evil:
I think you are right and the Fantasyland expansion is definitely geared more toward the girls. But if the rumors are true, they are planning a Carsland expansion over at DHS where the Motors, Lights, Action car stunts show is now. If that comes to fruition, that balances the draw out a bit between the boys and girls. Plus the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will appeal to boys.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Mon 01, 2013 10:44 am

A photo of the very first Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster delivered to Walt Disney Imagineering this past week. The vehicle will now be taken to final paint and detail work at Walt Disney World.

My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 01, 2013 4:19 pm

I just saw a photo of the ride vehicle on facebook ~ looks pretty cool!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Cool photo!

Bdude and I liked the new Dumbo! Other than that, I wasn't overly impressed with the new Fantasyland. I'm not good with change though. :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:15 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Cool photo!

Bdude and I liked the new Dumbo! Other than that, I wasn't overly impressed with the new Fantasyland. I'm not good with change though. :roll:
So you got to see the Dumbo then? Neat! I'm curious, how long did you end up having to wait in the new area with the pager?
The Enchanted Tales with Belle looks like it will be interesting, but probably not something you have to see on each visit. And if you aren't dining at Be Our Guest (and to be honest, looking at the menu, I don't think we will be anytime soon) there isn't a lot more back in the new Fantasyland is there??

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Is the new dumbo any different from the previous incarnation (other than that there are two of them)?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Is the new dumbo any different from the previous incarnation (other than that there are two of them)?
No, there are now two and you enter the ride under the "big top"! Nice touch!!!