Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Fantasyland Expansion

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Cool photo!

Bdude and I liked the new Dumbo! Other than that, I wasn't overly impressed with the new Fantasyland. I'm not good with change though. :roll:
So you got to see the Dumbo then? Neat! I'm curious, how long did you end up having to wait in the new area with the pager?
The Enchanted Tales with Belle looks like it will be interesting, but probably not something you have to see on each visit. And if you aren't dining at Be Our Guest (and to be honest, looking at the menu, I don't think we will be anytime soon) there isn't a lot more back in the new Fantasyland is there??
I feel like the success of New Fantasyland now resides with the Mine Train ride. As of now you have a carbon copy of a ride from California, an extra Dumbo with a wait area, a couple of meet n greets (enchanted tales, ariel's grotto, and the goofy/donald/daisy/minnie area), and a restaurant and quick service places (Gaston's Tavern and Be Our Guest). The new Mine train ride needs to be impressive to show people that it's worth paying to go see.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Not just a ride from CA, quite possibly the worst ride built (due to lack of imagination, plot, etc.) in the last 10 years.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Cool photo!

Bdude and I liked the new Dumbo! Other than that, I wasn't overly impressed with the new Fantasyland. I'm not good with change though. :roll:
So you got to see the Dumbo then? Neat! I'm curious, how long did you end up having to wait in the new area with the pager?
The Enchanted Tales with Belle looks like it will be interesting, but probably not something you have to see on each visit. And if you aren't dining at Be Our Guest (and to be honest, looking at the menu, I don't think we will be anytime soon) there isn't a lot more back in the new Fantasyland is there??
We did get to check out the new Dumbo! We really liked it, we didn't wait more than 15 mins. with the new pager. The week after Turkey Day is nice though, low wait times in the parks! In my opinion, there really isn't much back there. Will be interesting to see how the new mine ride is! We weren't overly impressed with Gaston's.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 5:22 pm

As this is the goal of the waiting area, did it suck less than standing in line for the same amount of time? Could you just imagine (if it were worth the expense of the makeover) if ToT or RnR had you waiting in an actual lobby?

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jul Sun 21, 2013 6:01 pm

I havent had a chance to check this new addtions yet. I'm trying to go soon though. I really wanna check it out.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Not just a ride from CA, quite possibly the worst ride built (due to lack of imagination, plot, etc.) in the last 10 years.
Wait, which ride are you talking about? The Great Goofini that is the same as Gadget's Go Coaster?
Wizzard419 wrote:As this is the goal of the waiting area, did it suck less than standing in line for the same amount of time? Could you just imagine (if it were worth the expense of the makeover) if ToT or RnR had you waiting in an actual lobby?
15 minutes is pretty short for Dumbo. Unless you go early during the EMH or late at night, you wait in line a looooooong time!
It would be very cool to have an actual lobby for Tower of Terror ~ they sort of already have that, but you don't get to explore :(

And I had forgotten about the Mine Train attraction. I think that will definitely be a big draw once it is opened! :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 7:33 pm

darn Amy, you are bringing shame on your family for not knowing which ride was copied from CA for Fantasyland. :D The little mermaid ride is the one I am talking about, that and Gadget's Go Coaster was built in the 90's.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:darn Amy, you are bringing shame on your family for not knowing which ride was copied from CA for Fantasyland. :D The little mermaid ride is the one I am talking about, that and Gadget's Go Coaster was built in the 90's.
:oops: The Little Mermaid just isn't on my radar yet since I haven't been at either park since that attraction opened. But you have to admit, Gadget's Go Coaster and the Great Goofini are pretty much the same ride...right?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 7:47 pm

They are similar, but the MK version is slightly longer since our version lasts 51 seconds and the MK version lasts a minute. Flounder's flying fish may also be similar.

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Jul Sat 27, 2013 8:41 pm

I remember when they put little games on the stanchions in the Dumbo queue for kids to be "entertained" as they snaked through the line in the hot sun.
And I thought THAT was innovative!

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Disney Blogs has announced that Princess Fairytale Hall will open on September 18th.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... gdom-park/

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Sep Mon 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Disney Parks Blog announced today that the height requirement for the Dwarf Mine Train ride is 38"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:Disney Parks Blog announced today that the height requirement for the Dwarf Mine Train ride is 38"
That seems pretty little ~ it must be fairly tame then.

Mr.ToadWildRider

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Sep Wed 18, 2013 9:35 am

I dunno I liked the old school dark ride feel of Little Mermaid. It probably could've used a lil' added jazz as the only sort of modern touch I could tell was Sebastian's digital eyes, but I kind of miss old school dark ride figures.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Wed 18, 2013 9:54 am

Cardinals314 wrote:Disney Parks Blog announced today that the height requirement for the Dwarf Mine Train ride is 38"
so, the currently agreed upon height for an adult human to be considered a little person is 4' 10"...