Fantasyland Expansion

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by Esmeralda » Mar Tue 08, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm not too excited about the circus theme. I love circuses, but can go at home every year. It looks like they're trying to draw the little kids. Or maybe the adults with the coaster? I'd love to see more for families (boys, girls, teens and adults) to enjoy together. I can't wait to be proven wrong on this one, because I do love Disney World!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Tue 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Or maybe the adults with the coaster?
I'm pretty sure that Barstormer/Great Goofini would not usually be considered a roller coaster for adults. It's definitely aimed at the younger crowd as a "first roller coaster". Of course, adults can definitely ride it, but it's pretty short and really tame.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Barstormer/Great Goofini would not usually be considered a roller coaster for adults. It's definitely aimed at the younger crowd as a "first roller coaster". Of course, adults can definitely ride it, but it's pretty short and really tame.
And I think the Snow White/7 Dwarfs mine-car roller coaster will be in the same class as well...

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Mar Wed 09, 2011 1:51 pm

^Yes, I was thinking the new mine train coaster. For the record, kiddie coasters make me sick (where's the Mr. Yuk emoticon when you need him?!). I think it's all the tight turns. Ah well, we'll have to wait and see!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Esmeralda wrote:^Yes, I was thinking the new mine train coaster. For the record, kiddie coasters make me sick (where's the Mr. Yuk emoticon when you need him?!). I think it's all the tight turns. Ah well, we'll have to wait and see!
Maybe this one won't be so bad. The gently rocking coaster train might lull you into a peaceful sleep :shock: ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Just because there's a dwarf named Sleepy is no reason to assume the ride is going to be gentle, but in comparison to BTMRR - yes - then it's gentle.

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Wed 09, 2011 6:07 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:
And I think the Snow White/7 Dwarfs mine-car roller coaster will be in the same class as well...
I'm hoping you're wrong about that, but I've worried about the same myself. I'm hoping it's at least on a similar level to Splash Mountain - riding around through the story with several thrilling portions to match the plot.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 09, 2011 6:14 pm

I am presuming the mine car roller coaster will try to replace the Snow White Scary Adventure as that ride will be going away, so it may be the "riding through the story" format, Poly.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Wed 09, 2011 6:24 pm

mindflipper wrote:I am presuming the mine car roller coaster will try to replace the Snow White Scary Adventure as that ride will be going away, so it may be the "riding through the story" format, Poly.

WOW!! Now Disney is going Dolly Parton!! Her park is only 2 hours from me.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Wed 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Yes, I'm just hoping at a much faster pace. ;) I actually wish they would keep SWSA and make the mine car roller coaster a high speed journey through a days work for the dwarfs. Considering all of the movies that have multiple attractions, I don't think it would have been bad for Snow White - the original Disney movie - to have 2 attractions.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I am presuming the mine car roller coaster will try to replace the Snow White Scary Adventure as that ride will be going away, so it may be the "riding through the story" format, Poly.

WOW!! Now Disney is going Dolly Parton!! Her park is only 2 hours from me.
...errrrrrrr, you lost me on that one... :?: :?
Polynesian Princess wrote:Yes, I'm just hoping at a much faster pace. ;) I actually wish they would keep SWSA and make the mine car roller coaster a high speed journey through a days work for the dwarfs. Considering all of the movies that have multiple attractions, I don't think it would have been bad for Snow White - the original Disney movie - to have 2 attractions.
Some movies may have multiple attractions - but they have them in the same parks? Toy Story has Buzz Lightyear and TSMM, but both are in two different parks. I'm having a hard time trying to think of any Disney movie that has 2 attractions within the same park.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Wed 09, 2011 6:45 pm

DollyWood has a lost Mine Ride! It's cheap and kills your back. All it does is jerk you around for about 6 minutes!!

Here watch...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIqYWTBd1M
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Wed 09, 2011 7:04 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:Yes, I'm just hoping at a much faster pace. ;) I actually wish they would keep SWSA and make the mine car roller coaster a high speed journey through a days work for the dwarfs. Considering all of the movies that have multiple attractions, I don't think it would have been bad for Snow White - the original Disney movie - to have 2 attractions.
Some movies may have multiple attractions - but they have them in the same parks? Toy Story has Buzz Lightyear and TSMM, but both are in two different parks. I'm having a hard time trying to think of any Disney movie that has 2 attractions within the same park.
I know Magic Carpets of Aladdin/ETR:UNM (be nice, I'm probably the only person who loves it :) ), but can't think of another right now. The way I described it they would have been very different attractions and I think it would have worked. Plus, if anyone was going to get two attractions in a park, I would think that Mickey and the Gang, Snow White, or Cinderella should be allowed to. But obviously this isn't the route they went with it, I just was saying I thought it would be nice that way.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Hmmmmm, given the recent fire at ETR: UNM maybe nature was trying to tell Disney in some way they have violated some cosmic rule or law by permitting Iago to be in that attraction? Maybe the show will continued to be cursed unless they switch it back? "Only one ride per each Disney movie per each park," quietly says Mother Nature... :wink: :lol:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Mar Mon 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Update: Technically not a FLE update but an update that has to do with FLE. The Tomorrowland Speedway has reopened its two redone tracks and is back to four tracks. This leaves room for the new Dumbo ride/queue area.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.