One Day Only

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

WDWGolfer
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

One Day Only

Post by WDWGolfer » Sep Mon 07, 2009 2:27 pm

You have been given a one day Park Hopper ticket with the Water Park and More Option. What would you do with it?

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Sep Mon 07, 2009 3:10 pm

AK in the AM, until around 12ish.
Typhoon Lagoon until 4ish
MK until wishes has finished, then Monorail it over to Epcot for Illuminations.
If I am staying on property and am lucky enough to get the Epcot EMH Finish with Soarin' :mickey:

Perfecto :)
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Oooooh, this is tough! If you let me lose for one day with a Park Hopper, I would start my day in DHS, I would have to rid ToT at least once, hopefully a FP for TSM and Rockin' Roller Coaster, then I would have to get to EPCOT, ride Soarin do as much as possible in Future World and make a loop around World Showcase, then I would end my day in MK with Wishes and a stroll down Main St. USA!!! It would be hard, but I would target my fav. attractions and take in as much as possible! :D

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Sep Mon 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Probably what I did last month. I started off the day at DAK, rode Dinosaur & Everest..took a bus to DHS, rode TOT, and see a show...take a break in the middle of the day...then go to EPCOT, ride Test Track and Spaceship Earth and hop on the monorail to Magic Kingdom to go on many rides as possibile before closing time (while also watching Wishes to end the night.

I'm not huge on water parks.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Future Guy

Post by Future Guy » Sep Tue 08, 2009 6:56 am

Honestly, I'd probably just stay in one park. On our last big trip in 2004, we used the heck out our park hoppers, and ended up exhausted. Ever since then, we like to take it slow. If you tire yourself out, after all, it's hard to have a good time :)

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by missynole » Sep Tue 08, 2009 7:01 am

I'd probably just go to one park that day. Probably over to the MK since it's really the most fun. Great eating and shopping. I'm not much into the water parks really so I'd have to skip that part.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Tue 08, 2009 11:38 am

I would go to Magic Kingdom when it opens, leave the park and take the Monorail to EPCOT by 2:00 pm and stay there through dinner and Illuminations. After that go to Downtown Disney for a late mocha cappucino at Ghiradelli's!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Sep Wed 09, 2009 7:38 am

Breafast at Tusker house at 8am, ride the safari at 9am.
Hit HS for toy story mania and muppets 3-d.
Move to MK for the lighthouse sandwich at Columbia harbor. Ride big thunder, splash, buzz lightyear, tomorrowland transit.
Take the rail to Epcot and ride Soar'n, spaceship earth and test track. Dinner at Le Cellier, ride Malestrom and watch illuminations.

That would be one heck of a day!!!!! :mrgreen:

missynole

Post by missynole » Sep Wed 09, 2009 7:50 am

timekeeper wrote:Breafast at Tusker house at 8am, ride the safari at 9am.
Hit HS for toy story mania and muppets 3-d.
Move to MK for the lighthouse sandwich at Columbia harbor. Ride big thunder, splash, buzz lightyear, tomorrowland transit.
Take the rail to Epcot and ride Soar'n, spaceship earth and test track. Dinner at Le Cellier, ride Malestrom and watch illuminations.

That would be one heck of a day!!!!! :mrgreen:
Yowza Timekeeper! That's a busy day but sure does sound like fun! I think my feet would fall off at the end of the day. I don't have as much energy as I had 20 years ago. Yikes!

JWG
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by JWG » Sep Wed 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Early Magic Hour at AK for Safari, over to MK to ride the mountains and then to Epcot for the remainder of the day.

Since that's not likely realistic with wait times, I'd probably just go to Epcot for the day.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Wed 30, 2009 11:47 pm

EMH in the morning for AK for the safari, Dinosaur, maybe see a yeti and then, head on over to DHS to see what I can accomplish in a quick time frame there. Then it is back to the resort to change into the bathing suit and hit up typhoon lagoon for an hour or two in the prime afternoon. Following that a quick trip back to the resort to change into clothes and hit up EPCOT. Maybe have a dinner at Le Cellier and hang around until Illuminations. Finally monorail it to MK for the evening EMH and to catch Wishes and Spectromagic.

This is all done using a summer schedule when the MK would be open until around 1AM. Now in order for this to work, you would also have to throw in some sort of special pass to get me through all the attractions with minimal wait times. Something like this is very tough to do and pretty much unfeasible in a day at WDW. Hitting all 4 parks and seeing everything is a good 4-6 days depending on how early you get there, how much you are willing to push yourself in a day and what you want to accomplish in each park.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Thu 01, 2009 10:02 am

Len90: not only that, but you would be dead tired killing yourself all day trying to run around at the frantic pace! Just getting around a crowded park is a time consumer and then what's your transportation method?

Well, it was a nice fantasy.

For me, start the day in EPCOT, try to hit Soarin (if I can FP), Test Track, SSE, RofC, and eat at the downstairs French restaurant - Chefs du France - for Lunch. Skip the water park and hop on the monorail to MK for the afternoon and finish with the fireworks and Spectromagic. Bit more feasible - actually, I have done it.

Personally, I would do the water park and more if I was not doing park hopper. If I do a water park, and want to take my time to enjoy it, so I would only do one park that day. If I'm park hopping one day, then I wouldn't do a water park. Just trying to cram too much in one day. I agree with Len90, gotta spread out over several days.

WDWGolfer
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by WDWGolfer » Feb Sun 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks for all your great responses let's change it up a bit. In line with the promotion they are currently running. What would you do with a One Day ticket vaild only to one park? Why?

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Feb Sun 28, 2010 1:09 pm

I like all 4 parks in a day - but in keeping with the promotion.

EPCOT is my best all day park. So much to do in Future World, then chill out in WS. Catch at least 2 shows of Bristish Invasion, eat at Tangerine Cafe & watch MoRockin, shop around a bit, keep exploring, and watch the sun set in a comfy seat around WS. A perfect finish is Illumination. What a day!!

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Feb Sun 28, 2010 1:40 pm

If it was given to me.... Sell it. :lol:

....and then buy a park hopper w/out the water park and more and hit MK in the morning and Epcot for the afternoon and Illuminations.