Advance Dining Reservations back to 180 days

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Advance Dining Reservations back to 180 days

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Tue 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Disney reservations will go back to 180 days in advance in October.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=16

This is really helpful for those who are "super planners"

What are your thoughts?

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Aug Tue 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Well, if I don't know what I want to eat 90 days out, I probably won't know what I want to eat 180 days out...
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 18, 2009 10:39 pm

I'm not a super planner! LOL, I like to fly by the seat of my pants! We will usually only make one or two ADR's per trip!

Torylovesdisney
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Torylovesdisney » Aug Wed 19, 2009 9:10 am

Yeah I liked it better at 90 days myself. This is a benefit for folks who have the ability to plan out 180 days. What if you plan a last minute trip like a few months out? If you go during a busy time forget about trying to go to L'Ceiler or Tony's. I think this is very unfair for the average person! I can't imagine getting my group to decide 6 months ahead of time. I think WDW should reserve some seating for last minute folks.
[color=red][b]Only [i]Disney People[/i] understand [i]Disney People[/i]![/b][/color]

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Aug Wed 19, 2009 9:53 am

Torylovesdisney wrote: I think WDW should reserve some seating for last minute folks.
I think they already do this.

As a "super planner" I love it. I didn't even realize they went to 90 days until my friend and I tried booking ADRs for our entire week and it just happened we were like exactly 90 days out. Because we aren't staying on property the CM told us we'd have to call 90 days out for each day of the trip...so we literally called once a day for each additional day. :P

And I thought we were so close to the trip to be booking dining plans too!

usetonamick
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by usetonamick » Aug Wed 19, 2009 10:40 am

There are always plenty of cancellations for us spur-of-the-moment travelers!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Wed 19, 2009 6:26 pm

I called Disney today and I was told that reservations are 90 days out?!

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Aug Wed 19, 2009 10:30 pm

I also heard that the the 180 day were out, as of this year, it was short lived. and they went back to 90 days, maybe its an off season plan, the 180 days. I dunno though.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Thu 20, 2009 1:41 am

I personally don't mind it too much. I like to be very organized and have a basic plan of what to do. For example, I like to know what parks I'll be in on what day and where I am eating. However, I enjoy just walking the park randomly and hitting attractions in no particular order.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by missynole » Aug Thu 20, 2009 6:28 am

One of the things that "free food" has done for advanced dining reservations is taken the spontaneityout of dining. You have to plan, plan, plan and while that's good for Disney that doesn't always work for everyone else.
In the old days, if my family wanted to eat at a sit down restaurant in Epcot on a particular day, you had to go to the park and walk up to one of those video kiosks and book the reservation. Done! Quick easy (except for the long lines!)
OK - so maybe this is back in the 80's but still. Now - with 180 days planning, I don't know where I want to eat let alone if I am going to the park that day.

mindy0509
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by mindy0509 » Aug Thu 20, 2009 7:09 am

The 180 ADR's does not start until sometime in Oct. I do not remember the exact date. Personally I wish it would have stayed at the 90 days. Sure this is great for the people that plan their trip well in advance but it really stinks for the people that plan only a few months in advance. It is hard enough to get the places you want if you are calling on the 89th day instead of the 90th day especially when free dining is going on.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Thu 20, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm all for it! I am a Super Planner... that has been to every restaurant at WDW many times over and still cannot get into Canada!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

spodie

Post by spodie » Aug Thu 20, 2009 7:47 pm

cousininmiami wrote:that has been to every restaurant at WDW many times over and still cannot get into Canada!
Same here! I can't wait for the day when the representative says, "Yes, we do have a reservation for Le Cellier..."
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

missynole

Post by missynole » Aug Fri 21, 2009 6:32 am

cousininmiami wrote:I'm all for it! I am a Super Planner... that has been to every restaurant at WDW many times over and still cannot get into Canada!
Hey, I'm all for planning in advance which is why I book my reservations for every day that I'm at the parks when I go. I don't know when I'm going to be in Epcot or even if I want to eat in certain restaurants but since I'm not sure, I might as well go ahead and book whatever I want and then I can make up my mind when I get there. However, that only works with the 90 days in advance reservation. Now that it's back to 180 days, I'll just have to take my chances!
:)

Mr.ToadWildRider

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Aug Fri 21, 2009 8:28 am

We got ADR for Le Cellier...although it was 90 out.