Quirky Secrets of WDW

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

happysneakers
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Quirky Secrets of WDW

Post by happysneakers » Aug Fri 14, 2009 9:31 am

This topic is designated to all of the hidden jokes and things most people don't see or notice about Disney World.

Ill start it off: At the Muppet's 3D show, while walking in, there is a sign at the guard window that says "Will return in 5 minuets, key is under the mat." If you look down to the floor and lift up the mat there is the key! This is one of my favorites :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Quirky Secrets of WDW

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Fri 14, 2009 11:04 am

happysneakers wrote:This topic is designated to all of the hidden jokes and things most people don't see or notice about Disney World.

Ill start it off: At the Muppet's 3D show, while walking in, there is a sign at the guard window that says "Will return in 5 minuets, key is under the mat." If you look down to the floor and lift up the mat there is the key! This is one of my favorites :D
I love that! On our trip in '07 we lifted the mat and took a picture of the key!!! :D

I love when you're exiting the ToT, if you look to the left as you're getting off the elevator, there is a "hidden" door that is from the Twilight Zone episode "Little Girl Lost". DH and I took a picture by it, everyone was looking at us like we were crazy for taking a picture in front of a wall, but the CM knew what we were doing and took a picture of both of us. :D

Good thread happysneaker!

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Quirky Secrets of WDW

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Aug Fri 14, 2009 11:16 am

boilerbabe wrote:
I love when you're exiting the ToT, if you look to the left as you're getting off the elevator, there is a "hidden" door that is from the Twilight Zone episode "Little Girl Lost". DH and I took a picture by it, everyone was looking at us like we were crazy for taking a picture in front of a wall, but the CM knew what we were doing and took a picture of both of us. :D

Good thread happysneaker!
Along those same lines, in the library/study pre-show room at ToT there are the little martians from one of the episodes and at the end of the ride behind the cage as the ride spins around to the exit there is the dummy and slot machine from other episodes.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Fri 14, 2009 11:49 am

YES! I love looking for little things that are from the episodes in ToT, there is also the dummy from one of the episodes and the jackpot is from another. In the library there is the fortune telling machine that is from the episode with William Shatner!!!! I just love the detail with ToT!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 14, 2009 12:43 pm

ToT is excellent for finding hidden things like that! Same with the Muppets and Star Tours.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 15, 2009 2:50 am

Before they play the Patrick video in Soarin' a CM will tell everybody a message that starts with "Welcome aboard Soarin' flight 5505". Of course 5505 stands for May 5, 2005 when the attraction first opened in WDW.

Boilerbabe, sounds like you can point out the reason behind everything in ToT. I guess I should see the episodes before going on it again. It might help me not look so puzzled by everything around me.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

srik
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by srik » Aug Sat 15, 2009 7:00 am

One of our favorite things is the rope near Indiana Jones

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sat 15, 2009 7:47 am

boilerbabe wrote:YES! I love looking for little things that are from the episodes in ToT, there is also the dummy from one of the episodes and the jackpot is from another. In the library there is the fortune telling machine that is from the episode with William Shatner!!!! I just love the detail with ToT!
His name is Ceasar. There is one on each side but only one of them is the real dummy from the episode.

If you look close at the slot machine, you can see that it is still smiling, just like at the end of the episode it is in.

That fortune telling machine is called the Mystic Seer.

There is also a trumpet in one of the libraries from another episode.

In the library on the right, look for an envelope with Rod Serlings name written on it, this is also from another episode.

Look for a Hidden Mickey in the library on the left on a sheet of music, but not like the regular Hidden Mickey's you are used to.

If you are loaded on the left side of the building (assuming you are facing the building, known as Echo), in the 5th Dimension after the stars in front of you start fading out, they form a very quick Hidden Mickey.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the glasses on the table to the right after you enter the lobby that also form a Hidden Mickey when you look at it from the correct angle.

You can't really see it from the queue, but a guest was such a fan of ToT that he sent Disney a photo of himself before he succumbed to cancer and asked if he could somehow have it put somewhere in the Tower. It is currently in one of the mail slots behind the front desk.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sat 15, 2009 8:25 am

as you walk out of the haunted mansion, going through the exit leaving the building, if you look down you can find the wedding ring from the bride carved into the floor. I forget if its jsut as you walk out or at the exit gate...my bad.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Aug Sat 15, 2009 9:08 pm

I love the muppets and never knew this. thanx.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sat 15, 2009 9:28 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:as you walk out of the haunted mansion, going through the exit leaving the building, if you look down you can find the wedding ring from the bride carved into the floor. I forget if its jsut as you walk out or at the exit gate...my bad.
It's gone. Hasn't been there since the refurb.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sat 15, 2009 9:52 pm

that sux, well here's another..behind jungle cruise is actuall backstage mainstreet. Between the two are a bunch of extra hippos, only the top halves, when we would eb back there people would always climb on them and ride them, good times.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sat 15, 2009 11:13 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:as you walk out of the haunted mansion, going through the exit leaving the building, if you look down you can find the wedding ring from the bride carved into the floor. I forget if its jsut as you walk out or at the exit gate...my bad.
Stinks they removed that. Oh well.

happysneakers

Post by happysneakers » Aug Sun 16, 2009 8:57 am

Here is another one: In the Pirates of the Caribbean, take a look at the skeletons playing chess. They both died because their game ended in a stalemate :jack:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 16, 2009 12:00 pm

MadEye wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:YES! I love looking for little things that are from the episodes in ToT, there is also the dummy from one of the episodes and the jackpot is from another. In the library there is the fortune telling machine that is from the episode with William Shatner!!!! I just love the detail with ToT!
His name is Ceasar. There is one on each side but only one of them is the real dummy from the episode.

If you look close at the slot machine, you can see that it is still smiling, just like at the end of the episode it is in.

That fortune telling machine is called the Mystic Seer.

There is also a trumpet in one of the libraries from another episode.

In the library on the right, look for an envelope with Rod Serlings name written on it, this is also from another episode.

Look for a Hidden Mickey in the library on the left on a sheet of music, but not like the regular Hidden Mickey's you are used to.

If you are loaded on the left side of the building (assuming you are facing the building, known as Echo), in the 5th Dimension after the stars in front of you start fading out, they form a very quick Hidden Mickey.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the glasses on the table to the right after you enter the lobby that also form a Hidden Mickey when you look at it from the correct angle.

You can't really see it from the queue, but a guest was such a fan of ToT that he sent Disney a photo of himself before he succumbed to cancer and asked if he could somehow have it put somewhere in the Tower. It is currently in one of the mail slots behind the front desk.
Awesome MadEye! Thanks! I could not remember the name of the dummy! I had no idea that one of them was real too! I knew about the trumpet and glasses, I did not know about the hidden mickey on the music sheet or the envelope with Rod Serling's name on it! I will be sure to look for these on our next trip!!! Also, I did not know about the ToT fan that passed from cancer, I will look for their picture as well.

Len, you should watch some of the original Twilight Zone episodes, they are awesome! If you like sci-fi, I think Rod Serling was way ahead of his time! On some holidays, the Sci-fi channel will show Twilight Zone marathons!! :D