All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Man guilty of groping Minnie Mouse at Disney

Post by ericpabear » Aug Tue 11, 2009 9:31 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 7056.story

A jury this morning found John William Moyer guilty of groping of a woman playing Minnie Mouse at Walt Disney World.
Moyer, 60, of Pennsylvania, was convicted of misdemeanor battery for the June incident this morning.
According to the sentence, Moyer has to write a letter of apology to the victim, Brittney Duncan McGoldrick. He also is under supervised probation for 180 days, must complete 50 hours of community service within four months, pay $1,000 in court costs and submit to a mental evaluation with treatment, if necessary.
Walt Disney World spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said she is checking with the company's legal advisors before making a public comment about this morning's ruling against Moyer.
McGoldrick told prosecutors at the Orange County Courthouse on Monday she had pushed Moyer away from her after the incident.
"My first reaction I just pushed him down. I was doing everything I could to get his hands off my breasts," Duncan McGoldrick said.
Jurors began their deliberations Monday afternoon.
"We're just hoping for the only fair and just verdict in this case, which is 'not guilty'," said Zahra S. Umansky, Moyer's attorney.
Moyer had been booked into Orange County Jail on June 7 and was released on $1,000 bail.

happysneakers
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by happysneakers » Aug Tue 11, 2009 9:44 am

Great, this guy is just giving a bad name for all of us here in PA. This is truely a twisted story for anyone in their right mind to do this. The real question is, how did he know it was a woman in that costume and not a man :shock:

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Aug Tue 11, 2009 10:31 am

Wow, that's messed up. Feeling up Minnie Mouse, how low can you get? If it was one of the princesses, it would still be wrong but at least it would be somewhat understandable. But Minnie Mouse? The dude must be a furry.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 11, 2009 10:40 am

What is wrong with people?!?!?!?! :shock:

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Aug Tue 11, 2009 10:59 am

Future Guy wrote:Wow, that's messed up. Feeling up Minnie Mouse, how low can you get? If it was one of the princesses, it would still be wrong but at least it would be somewhat understandable. But Minnie Mouse? The dude must be a furry.
There is never, EVER, any excuse that is not psychopathic for touching a woman without her consent. The fact that she's wearing a costume or not doesn't even begin to factor into the circumstances. Even if it was a joke, this remark was insensitive and ignorant.

Future Guy

Post by Future Guy » Aug Tue 11, 2009 11:57 am

Hey, I said it was wrong. It's like the difference between a guy stealing a television as opposed to stealing a refrigerator magnet. There's no question that theft is fundamentally wrong, but the guy who steals the television is immoral, whilst the guy who steals the refrigerator magnet is immoral and weird.

Of COURSE touching or groping someone without their consent is horrible and wrong. That's a given. Nothing makes it okay. Heck, this guy probably took advantage of his victim's fear of getting in trouble by speaking out, and that makes him even more of a scumbag. My point was that someone who finds a person in a cartoon animal costume so irresistibly attractive that they're unable to keep their hands to themself probably has some kind of mental problem that even the "average" groping scumbag does not have.

I apologize for any offense.

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Aug Tue 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Where was Mickey when all this happened?

fecns
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by fecns » Aug Tue 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Wow it is just amazing what people will do now days, Just can't belive it

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Aug Tue 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Wow, some people are just sick. It's really too bad that even in such a magical place like Disney, you have to always be on full alert.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

PirateFan31
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by PirateFan31 » Aug Tue 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:Where was Mickey when all this happened?
This isn't a joke. :roll:

Future Guy

Post by Future Guy » Aug Tue 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I hope there are CMs on hand to keep an eye out for this kind of thing. Obviously they can't read minds and know what people are going to do ahead of time, but one hopes that if an obviously creepy-looking guy got in line by himself that they'd keep an eye on him.

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » Aug Tue 11, 2009 7:35 pm

PirateFan31 wrote:
Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:Where was Mickey when all this happened?
This isn't a joke. :roll:
oh come on, that was funny.
but in all seriousness, where was the character attendant?
someone should have noticed this guy was being a wierdo

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 11, 2009 9:39 pm

ckc0915 wrote: but in all seriousness, where was the character attendant?
someone should have noticed this guy was being a wierdo
That is what I would like to know. I am also curious to know which location it happened at. Was it a meet and greet or was it a restaurant.

That is just really disgusting and glad to see that he is not just getting a slap on the wrist. Instances like this can really ruin it for the regular guest. My family and I like to clown around a bit with the characters (see avatar image) and it would be a shame if people like him would cause Disney to limit the interaction with the characters.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 11, 2009 10:28 pm

There is usually a CM with the characters, I wonder if this was noticed right away?! Strange/sick situation!

Nicc513
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Nicc513 » Aug Wed 12, 2009 7:28 am

happysneakers wrote:Great, this guy is just giving a bad name for all of us here in PA.
That was exactly my first thought when I saw this story. Of course the guy had to be from PA. Sheesh!

How sick and twisted do you have to be, seriously?!?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~ Milan Kundera