Is it polite to ask for more?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kcookiebaker
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Is it polite to ask for more?

Post by kcookiebaker » Aug Sun 02, 2009 3:44 pm

I went to Food and Wine last year, loved it, but the person in front of me was served a lobster roll that was so full of goodies it made my mouth water, but when they did mine it was almost dry. I accepted it, but I was so disappointed. Another person in line saw my serving and said I should have expressed my disappointment (complained) but I felt uncomfortable saying anything. I invite your opinion before I go again this year.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sun 02, 2009 4:48 pm

As long as the food tastes good, I can go for a smaller portion. Think of it this way, more room for other goodies available.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 02, 2009 5:52 pm

Gosh that is a hard one. I guess I would do the same as you, accept what I got but feel a bit sad that it wasn't quite as nice as the person served before you.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 03, 2009 1:28 am

I am the type of person who tends to speak up and try and get what is right for myself. As I saw it happening, I would have asked if they could spruce it up a bit.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 16, 2009 11:18 pm

I would have asked. Hey, all guests should get equal service, even if it's just a lobster roll! :)

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Aug Mon 17, 2009 12:31 am

Well it's kind of wrong to say but, Disney always tries to make people happy. The more you complain the better you get treated sometimes.

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Aug Mon 17, 2009 1:19 am

I dunno know its a hard call with it being a lobster roll, I mean its premade, not his fault, its just the luck of the draw, but they'll be sometime later when you'll get get the awesome piece due to the luck of the draw.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Mon 17, 2009 10:40 am

If it's pre-made then I don't think there's really anything you can do about it.

But if they're making it in front of you, you can always just say something while they're making it, like "I love this stuff, so feel free to pile it on!" "Don't worry about portion size, I'm on vacation!" or whatever. Then you'll get a lot if you want it w/o seeming like a pain.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Aug Tue 18, 2009 8:03 pm

I know exactly what you mean - it happens to me sometimes too. I used to just get disappointed and hope for the best, but since I've been in a Customer Service job for 5 years, I am breaking out of my shell a little bit. I will go to the ends of the earth and pull strings to help someone that is super nice and polite about their issue, whereas I will probably not pull strings if the person comes out swinging and demanding things. Since I've learned that, I have generally been treated the same way when I have an issue somewhere else.

Just remember that it's not generally the server's fault if you don't get exactly what you want, but they are the ones that can make it right!
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

Torylovesdisney
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Torylovesdisney » Aug Wed 19, 2009 9:15 am

I dunno for me, I probably would say something. It would be different if you didn't see someone else with a better one. I mean it's not like you saw it independently and had nothing else to go by.

One of my pet peeves is when I order fries and they are cold. I always send them back. This irritates my husband, but I think we all deserve HOT fries and the same should be said for full lobster rolls! :lol:
[color=red][b]Only [i]Disney People[/i] understand [i]Disney People[/i]![/b][/color]

usetonamick
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by usetonamick » Aug Wed 19, 2009 10:42 am

NEVER hurts to ask, right? Just be NICE

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Aug Wed 19, 2009 10:42 am

I don't think I would have said anything. I guess that is just my personality. I rarely say anything in a resturant if the food isn't right. And it shouldn't be that way, I should speak up.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

Brian845

Post by Brian845 » Aug Wed 19, 2009 11:15 am

wdwannabe wrote:I don't think I would have said anything. I guess that is just my personality. I rarely say anything in a resturant if the food isn't right. And it shouldn't be that way, I should speak up.
I'm too afraid the server will do something untoward to my food if I complain about it and send it back...One hears stories.

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by missynole » Aug Wed 19, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm all for speaking up if it really matters. I think it's ok to send food back in a sit down restaurant if it's served cold and rubbery. While I haven't had that happen to me at WDW it did happen to me at a Chili's in Cincinnati. The chicken was cold and rubbery and the MANAGER said "What do you want ME to do about it?!" and not it a nice way like can I help you but a "too bad" kind of way. I think when it comes to Lobster Rolls, if you want a little more, say so!

swede375
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by swede375 » Aug Wed 19, 2009 3:14 pm

I would say something. If you really feel that you were not given the proper amount then yes, say something. I understand the pre-made argument but all you have to do is ask for a new one. That's just me though - if you don't ask, you'll never know.

-Swede
Hey... you never know.