4th of July Fireworks Video

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

4th of July Fireworks Video

Post by 99Soulz » Jul Fri 31, 2009 10:10 am

Came across this and thought I'd share as I cannot believe how HUGE these were. This is taken from the beach at the Poly and it truly shows how large the scale was for these fireworks. You can see from time to time the typical ones behind the castle but for the majority they span waaay higher and wider. I'm surprised we didn't see these from Jersey!

http://www.wdwntube.com/archives/588

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jul Fri 31, 2009 9:54 pm

I was there for these fireworks and they were special. It was 360 degrees of fireworks. I never saw MK lit up like that Epcot's July 4 firework show grand finale was much louder though.

PS: Glad to see a fellow Jersey member around here :D
Mark86

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 01, 2009 12:48 am

That video and any pictures just can't do this show justice. It is a must-see for anybody who can be in WDW come Independence day. It was truly magical to stand on the bridge between Tomorrowland and Main Street USA and watch the fireworks all around me. I was mesmerized by the fireworks over Tomorrowland.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Aug Sat 01, 2009 8:07 am

That does sound incredible, I was wondering if you were in the MK how much of the widespread stuff you could see and sounds like it was amazing. We HAVE to get down there for the 4th one year, it's the only holiday we haven't been there for. Maybe 2010!!

Go Jersey!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 01, 2009 12:05 pm

99Soulz wrote:That does sound incredible, I was wondering if you were in the MK how much of the widespread stuff you could see and sounds like it was amazing. We HAVE to get down there for the 4th one year, it's the only holiday we haven't been there for. Maybe 2010!!

Go Jersey!
We were on the the Tomorrowland Bridge, and we were able to see the fireworks slightly skewed off the castle, the ones launching over tomorrowland, the ones launching from the far left side of the park (maybe it was liberty square area) and the fireworks from the seven seas lagoon. We were pretty much able to see the entire show.

Central Jersey representing! :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Sat 01, 2009 7:51 pm

WOW! What a show!

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Aug Sat 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Sounds amazing.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 02, 2009 12:31 am

Okay, so I finally had time to sit down and watch the video and compare the differences between being inside the park and being across the lagoon at the Poly.

Pros to inside the park: You get to see all the lower shells over the castle and the small light show on the castle. Also you get to be engulfed by a 360 degree fireworks display that leaves you looking all around you not knowing where to look next
Cons for inside the park: You lose out on the electrical water show and you will not be able to see all of the barges that are launching the fireworks at one time.

Pros to outside the park: The electrical water show that is right in front of you throughout the duration of the fireworks. For the finale, you have your entire line of vision encompassed by the fireworks.
Cons for being outside the park: The speed of sound is relatively slow so the sound of the firework going off is way after you see it. This is evident in the park too, but the show is synced where the boom of the shells in the park fits the proper note in the music.

All in all, this really is something that you have to see more than once. I would recommend trying to do it two years in a row or see it both nights. However, then you will lose out on seeing Illuminations and the sonic boom or the fireworks over the hat at DHS. If possible I would advise trying to schedule your trips around the fourth of July. It might be busy but the overall atmosphere in the parks and the special ending that Disney gives you makes you wanting to come back for more and more each and every year!
- Len90

Nicc513
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Nicc513 » Aug Mon 03, 2009 8:05 am

Awesome video, thanks for posting. I never knew that site existed...looks like I know what I'll be doing all day instead of working, LOL!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~ Milan Kundera

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Great Fireworks

Post by missynole » Aug Mon 03, 2009 10:52 am

I think the Poly is one of the best places to watch the fireworks at the end of the day. While it's been a while since I've seen 4th of July Fireworks at WDW, I can say that the Christmas Party Fireworks are SPECTACULAR. In general, I think Disney does a gorgeous job on their fireworks. I always seem to shed a few tears each and every time I listen and watch. It's just beautiful.