Fantasyland Rumor

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Wed 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Excellent on the Fantasyland article! Fantasyland just makes my claustrophobia come out more. :wink:

I like Toontown ok, but seriously.... it looks cheap. Keep Mickey's house, Minnie's house, and Barnstormer and we're ok.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Thu 13, 2009 7:47 am

Bit of rumor that I've heard from CMs who work at MK is that if it happens, they are going to wall off all of Fantasyland. Hope the extension happens, but I hope they keep Snow White, Peter Pan, Pooh and It's A Small World open at least for the families that can't do the Mountain Range or other "scary" stuff.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Thu 13, 2009 8:15 am

Wall off all of Fantasyland? That seems a bit drastic. I can understand walling off the area from Pinocchio's Haus to ToonTown, but the whole land? If Disney does that I can easily see their profits dropping more than the 26% they announced a couple weeks ago.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Aug Thu 13, 2009 8:50 am

I agree w/Soarin08, keep the houses & Barnstormer, everything else is VERY expendable in Toontown, even Donals's boat. While I may add some different stuff, overall it looks like a strong plan. Just more space is a plus!

I find it funny how everyone seems for this but many of you all complain about the updates once they are done. Don't be afraid of progress peeps! But remeber the old, fun, enjoyable stuff too.

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Aug Thu 13, 2009 9:10 am

really all they would need to do is wall off the northern side of FL. Then build everything they can there, then once they finish that up, they could then wall off the middle, and build in there... then once that's done, work on toon town...

but that's just my early morning, not enough sleep, thoughts for the day on the issue! :P
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

rknrlrcstr
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by rknrlrcstr » Aug Thu 13, 2009 9:11 am

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they closed off all or most of Fantasyland during such a big rehab of the land. If I remember correctly, when Fantasyland in DL was redone in 1983 (or maybe 1982) the entire land was closed off. The drawbridge on Sleeping Beauty's Castle was closed (for only the second time since 1955 - the other time was opening day when it was lowered as part of the opening of the park). The New Fantasyland took nearly a year to complete and Fantasyland was off limits to guests for the entire time.

I would think that they would want to be able to do such a project in one "take". If they were to do it section by section, then the first section done could be outdated by the time the project is complete.
Are we there yet? When can we go back?

I don't know what's worse, the anticipation of going or the withdrawals after getting home.

CaptainFinz13
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by CaptainFinz13 » Aug Thu 13, 2009 11:48 am

skull wrote:really all they would need to do is wall off the northern side of FL. Then build everything they can there . . .
I totally agree, they should wall off all of northern Florida!

JK! Yes, I need more coffee.
[code][url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][img]http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/dkqpb5h892sey8j2.png[/img][/url][/code]

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Aug Thu 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Look closely. AK signs already have a Dragon on them.
The Mythical section was planned but was never created.

I'm a little off subject.
I think the JJTCOTE would fit pretty OK in Dinoland.
Rather there than Epcot.

I've come to like Toon Town. Leave it alone!

If they could do something constructive with the grassy bit and the 20K pond I'm all for that.

Edit- Darn I seemed to have missed two pages of posts before I replied :oops:
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Aug Thu 20, 2009 10:01 am

Hey CaptainFinz13, where did you find the Jack Sparrow Pirate Flag!?! I've been looking for it, awesome!

CaptainFinz13

Post by CaptainFinz13 » Aug Thu 20, 2009 10:05 am

Honestly, I believe I just typed "Jack Sparrow flag" in Google images. Not sure which site I ganked it from but there's a bunch to choose from.

And odds are they ganked it too! Just keeping to the code.

"Take what ya can! Give nothin' back!"
[code][url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][img]http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/dkqpb5h892sey8j2.png[/img][/url][/code]

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 21, 2009 4:51 pm

CaptainFinz13 wrote:
skull wrote:really all they would need to do is wall off the northern side of FL. Then build everything they can there . . .
I totally agree, they should wall off all of northern Florida!

JK! Yes, I need more coffee.

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! :lol:

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Aug Fri 21, 2009 9:58 pm

rknrlrcstr wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they closed off all or most of Fantasyland during such a big rehab of the land. If I remember correctly, when Fantasyland in DL was redone in 1983 (or maybe 1982) the entire land was closed off. The drawbridge on Sleeping Beauty's Castle was closed (for only the second time since 1955 - the other time was opening day when it was lowered as part of the opening of the park). The New Fantasyland took nearly a year to complete and Fantasyland was off limits to guests for the entire time.

I would think that they would want to be able to do such a project in one "take". If they were to do it section by section, then the first section done could be outdated by the time the project is complete.
They walled off WDW's Tomorrowland to redo it, too (in .. 94? Ish?). It's certainly not unprecedented for them to close an entire land. Fantasyland, I think, would be a bit easier to do in sections because of how it's laid out, but it wouldn't surprise me if they shut down large areas of it.

If this plan thing happens to be true, that is. Which I'll believe when I see.
Soarin08 wrote:I like Toontown ok, but seriously.... it looks cheap.
Not all that surprising, considering it was supposed to be a temporary thing for Mickey's Birthday(land). :)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

CaptainFinz13

Post by CaptainFinz13 » Aug Sat 22, 2009 7:41 am

DisBeamer wrote: They walled off WDW's Tomorrowland to redo it, too (in .. 94? Ish?). It's certainly not unprecedented for them to close an entire land.
I know everyone has their own favorite "land" but personally, I think if I got to the Magic Kingdom and Tomorrowland was closed, I would take it a lot easier than if Fantasyland was shut down. Especially if I were there with my toddler.
He's not excited about Space Mountain, and given that I'll be with him, I wouldn't be riding it anyway. But he is excited to see Tigger & Pooh, and ride Peter Pan, etc.

Hopefully they would just do it section by section, if they do it at all.

If they were to close the whole land off, I hope they'd alert all travel agents and put it on their own site so people would know before booking. I think it would definitely make me reconsider my travel plans. And I'm sure it would alleviate some of the strain on their own Guest Services lines from angry guests.

Regardless, as long as they don't close it until after September 12th, 2009, I'm ok with whatever those crazy Imagineers decide!!!

Future Guy

Post by Future Guy » Aug Sat 22, 2009 7:50 am

From what I've read on other boards, what they'll probably do is wall off Toontown and the Ariel's Grotto/20K area of Fantasyland, since that's where most all of the new stuff is going to be. If you look at the plans, the Small World/Peter Pan's Flight area is going to remain pretty much untouched, so those rides won't ever close, except maybe to install some new facades on the outside.

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Aug Sat 22, 2009 8:16 am

This is a great idea. I didn't realise that they had so much spare land out the back of FL. Fantasy Land is always packed so this would be a good idea. I'd be interested to see how they would manage such as large project without shutting the land.