Fantasyland Rumor

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Fantasyland Rumor

Post by 99Soulz » Jul Fri 17, 2009 10:06 am

Just forwarding a link that I though was interesting. I don't think any of this is official and/or who mocked up the images so this is not anything submitted or official.

I like the move to open up the area as we all know Fantasyland is by far the most overcrowded area in the MK. Interesting about how they would revamp most of toontown which I am fine with that (as long as they keep the Barnstormer which this has staying in place.)

http://etckt.com/2009/07/16/fantasyland-rumor/

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Fri 17, 2009 10:47 am

Wow very interesting! I also have found some other sites about this possible expansion;

http://thedisneyblog.com/2009/07/17/mag ... ns-leaked/

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney- ... ine-4.html

It might be true, it sounds plausible. If it is true, it could be really great!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Jul Fri 17, 2009 11:05 am

I really love this idea. Fantasyland is always packed anything to make better use of the space would be a much needed improvement.

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Fri 17, 2009 11:22 am

It seems true - only time will tell though. Fantasyland really needs some new additions.

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Jul Mon 20, 2009 7:36 am

That would be nice!

Nicc513

Post by Nicc513 » Jul Mon 20, 2009 8:05 am

Very interesting...thanks for posting.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~ Milan Kundera

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Mon 20, 2009 9:48 am

Interesting! I do think the space could be better used, but what exactly would "Pixie Hollow" house or be? I know it has to do with fairies. I wish they would bring back 20,000 Leagues. I hope they make a good improvement with the space and not something silly. A new sit down would be a good addition, there really aren't many great restaurants in the Kingdom.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jul Mon 20, 2009 9:54 am

Here's an article that seems to be confirming the Fantasyland rumors, along with hinting that Journey to the Center of the Earth might be coming to Animal Kingdom! For those who aren't aware, there are many that say that JTTCOTE is the best attraction at Tokyo Seas...which some say is the best Disney park in the world!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheDisne ... Goaye4T9A/

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Mon 20, 2009 10:12 am

Dose anyone else think that JTTCOTE would better fit in at EPCOT?! Are they just putting it in AK b/c they have room there?! I hope they don't start making AK look like a mish mash of things.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Tue 21, 2009 8:54 am

boilerbabe wrote:Dose anyone else think that JTTCOTE would better fit in at EPCOT?! Are they just putting it in AK b/c they have room there?! I hope they don't start making AK look like a mish mash of things.
It would better fit in DHS, I think. I mean it is a movie based ride. There really isn't anything "future world" about it.

Although, now that I think about it, it really isn't any more out of place in AK than Dinosaur. Especially if they locate it in Dinoland USA.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jul Tue 21, 2009 9:57 am

It was a book before it was a movie. :roll: And I think it would fit in the AK for the same reason that Everest does.......SPOILER in the link, if you don't want to know about the Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction!!!!

http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/mysterious_is ... /index.htm

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Jul Tue 21, 2009 9:58 am

This is a great idea: expanding Fantasyland by abolishing the stupid, anemic Mickey's Toontown Fair. I hope they actually do it.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Tue 21, 2009 10:07 am

:( I like Mickey's Toontown Fair, I think it's fun. I like that you can visit Mickey's house. But, I do think the space could be better utilized. Too bad they couldn't condense it. Wasn't this at one time Mickey's Birthday land?! I seem to remember something like that from when I was younger. I have a button too, it was Mickey blowing out candles on a cake.

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Jul Tue 21, 2009 10:16 am

The reason for the rumors of journey going to AK is that rumors of beastly kingdom have re-appeared. Supposedly they want to finally get BK built. For those that do not know, BK was originally slated to be put in AK when the park opened, but it got cut. It's a land devoted to mythical creature
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Tue 21, 2009 10:21 am

So would BK be a part of AK or are they trying to plan a new park?!?!