Clockwise or Counterclockwise EPCOT???

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which way do you go around the EPCOT World Showcase?

Clockwise around EPCOT
58%
Counter-Clockwise around EPCOT
42%

Total votes: 103

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Clockwise or Counterclockwise EPCOT???

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Fri 17, 2009 7:48 am

I am curious as to which way everone goes around the countries and why? This will be interesting!

GhostHost
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by GhostHost » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:01 am

We have always gone around clockwise, starting at Mexico. Not sure why other than that it seems the right thing to do. Typically we only stop at a few places so this next trip in October we will probably linger a bit more and search every corner.
"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment we have been among it's many passengers." -Spaceship Earth / Epcot

Mission Space 2003 Pioneer Crew

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:07 am

I am a clockwise as well. We start with Margaritas in Mexico, and eat and drink our way around the countries ending with Beer and "the Beatles" in England and shopping in Canada.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:10 am

We have usually done clockwise, however on the rare occasion, we've gone counter-clockwise
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:11 am

We generally go clockwise because I think we find that the countries starting on the clockwise side are more interesting (we like/d Rio del Tiempo, Maelstrom, and China's 360) whereas we generally find the Canada, UK, and French pavilions somewhat boring.

rknrlrcstr
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by rknrlrcstr » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:18 am

I unfortunately have to be the oddball here and say that I have not really noticed which direction I go more often. It usually depends on where I am coming from. Coming from Test Track I will go clockwise after taking the path between TT and Mexico that goes by the Odyssey. If coming from Soarin', then it's counter clockwise after using the path near JII that comes out near the Canada Refreshment Port. If coming into World Showcase Plaza, it depends on where I am heading to. Tutto Italia = clockwise, Yakitori House = counter-clockwise. I guess I am one of those odd ones who just gets to my destination and then relaxes.
Are we there yet? When can we go back?

I don't know what's worse, the anticipation of going or the withdrawals after getting home.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:42 am

rknrlrcstr wrote:I unfortunately have to be the oddball here and say that I have not really noticed which direction I go more often. It usually depends on where I am coming from. Coming from Test Track I will go clockwise after taking the path between TT and Mexico that goes by the Odyssey. If coming from Soarin', then it's counter clockwise after using the path near JII that comes out near the Canada Refreshment Port. If coming into World Showcase Plaza, it depends on where I am heading to. Tutto Italia = clockwise, Yakitori House = counter-clockwise. I guess I am one of those odd ones who just gets to my destination and then relaxes.
No, you aren't odd at all, I do the same thing. It all depends on what attraction I did last in Future World. Though, I do prefer going anti-clockwise. Start the tour in Canada, have a beer in UK, pastries in France, coffee in Morocco, Sake in Japan, Beer in Germany, Pastry and chocolate in Norway, and finish with a margarita in Mexico...then stumble back to my hotel and pass out.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Nicc513
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Nicc513 » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:45 am

What a cool topic...I never would have thought to ask! So funny how everyone has a particular way they do things, isn't it? We always did clockwise and entered at Mexico.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~ Milan Kundera

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Jul Fri 17, 2009 9:00 am

If we're touring it's always clockwise - I don't know why, especially since people generally tend to head right when given the option.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Fri 17, 2009 9:19 am

Usually clockwise - starting in Mexico, and a churro!

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Jul Fri 17, 2009 11:10 am

I can't really pick one. When I go to Epcot I tend to move around based on which ever restaurant I have a reservation at.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jul Fri 17, 2009 11:13 am

Interesting how I agree with people go right if given a choice (at least here in the states). It looks like on this topic most are deviating from that and go left. And in MK and AK, I believe we also go left! HS doesn't really have a true hub which might explain why we are all over the place when there.

The exception to this for World Showcase is when we are staying in the Epcot resorts and enter via. International Gateway, we always go right from that point.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Fri 17, 2009 11:34 am

I never really gave this much thought...but we do start counter clockwise, I guess we're drawn to that direction! I like started out towards Canada and some pastries in France! YUM!

spodie

Post by spodie » Jul Fri 17, 2009 12:52 pm

People may tend to draw left because, if you're coming over the main bridge that connects Future World and the World Showcase, Mexico is closer (or at least seems closer) or more visible.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Jul Fri 17, 2009 3:24 pm

I almost always go counterclockwise from Canada if we're just walking around, but we do go both ways (sounds kinky..) if we're headed for a particular destination, based on whichever is closer.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]