Clockwise or Counterclockwise EPCOT???

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which way do you go around the EPCOT World Showcase?

Clockwise around EPCOT
58%
Counter-Clockwise around EPCOT
42%

Total votes: 103

swede375
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by swede375 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 11:46 am

My Wife and I go Clockwise when entering from Future world due to her love of Margherita's! Though on occasion if coming from the Boardwalk Villas, we do go counter clockwise.

I've also noticed we like to be around France / UK for Illuminsations so I will say starting at Mexico and ending there makes for a good trip around the world! :wink:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 5:25 pm

I choose clockwise for some of the same reasons here - because there are more rides on the east side.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

MedievalBoy13
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by MedievalBoy13 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 6:06 pm

It depends. I go clockwise when coming from the Future World, but I sometimes go counter when coming from the International Gateway.

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Wed 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Always go to Mexico, first. :)
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

bamafan19
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by bamafan19 » Jul Sun 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I've never really thought about it but I guess we usually go through World Showcase clockwise. However, we have gone counter clockwise on occasion. Now I'll be thinking about it when we go at the end of August.

:mickey3:

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jul Mon 27, 2009 12:10 am

We usually do France first so it is counter clockwise. This past trip, we started with UK so it was clockwise!
Mark86

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Mon 27, 2009 12:25 am

bamafan19 wrote:I've never really thought about it but I guess we usually go through World Showcase clockwise. However, we have gone counter clockwise on occasion. Now I'll be thinking about it when we go at the end of August.

:mickey3:
Yeah, same here. I'll definitely be thinking about it next time I go. :)

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jul Mon 27, 2009 12:28 am

i picked clockwise but it depends on how we feel at the moment
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Mon 27, 2009 2:31 am

I would say clockwise, however I am what you would call a weaver, I might get as far as China and decide I want to go to Canada so back I go and then I may carry on counter clockwise or I may turn round and go back through the other three again it depends how I feel at the time.

tmptnr
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by tmptnr » Aug Sun 02, 2009 1:13 am

We normally head clockwise due to the somewhat more thrilling attractions. I wish they would put in more rides throughout WSC.

keneka

Post by keneka » Aug Sun 02, 2009 1:50 am

Clockwise - we start at Mexico spend most the morning walking round and going on any rides and shows (skipping America) until we get to Japan where we have lunch in Yakitori House, then I get a Cherry Kakigori (I love them!!) then we go back to America and watch American Adventure where I watch the show and my parents have their afternoon nap (I only realised this year after visiting WDW for the past 15 years my folks have never seen the whole of American Adventure all the way through - bless them :wink: ), then I get another Kakigori after we come out - we carry on throughout the countries until we get to International Gateway where we get a boat and visit Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach, etc and then get a boat back so we can enjoy a early dinner at Le Cellier and then watch Illuminations before getting the bus back to our resort. Other times if we have other plans for the day or want to park hop we get one of the friendship boats across the lagoon and get off at either Germany or Morrocco and do half the countries one day and the other half on another day

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 02, 2009 6:05 pm

agingerbugg wrote:
rknrlrcstr wrote:I unfortunately have to be the oddball here and say that I have not really noticed which direction I go more often. It usually depends on where I am coming from. Coming from Test Track I will go clockwise after taking the path between TT and Mexico that goes by the Odyssey. If coming from Soarin', then it's counter clockwise after using the path near JII that comes out near the Canada Refreshment Port. If coming into World Showcase Plaza, it depends on where I am heading to. Tutto Italia = clockwise, Yakitori House = counter-clockwise. I guess I am one of those odd ones who just gets to my destination and then relaxes.
No, you aren't odd at all, I do the same thing. It all depends on what attraction I did last in Future World. Though, I do prefer going anti-clockwise. Start the tour in Canada, have a beer in UK, pastries in France, coffee in Morocco, Sake in Japan, Beer in Germany, Pastry and chocolate in Norway, and finish with a margarita in Mexico...then stumble back to my hotel and pass out.
You really know how to go around the world agingerbugg! I have to agree with you though that I generally go the direction that makes the most sense from Future World.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Wed 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Clockwise. I always start in Mexico and finish in Canada. It's easier to get to Germany that way. :wink:

GoCubsGo

Post by GoCubsGo » Aug Thu 13, 2009 1:54 pm

it depends on where we enter Epcot, if its through the International Gateway we go counterclockwise, if we use the main entrance be go clockwise

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Nov Fri 06, 2009 9:53 pm

For me it depends on whats going on. When I first get to there its clockwise, after I've gone through once, its anyway goes!