Where is your quiet/peaceful spot in WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Where is your quiet/peaceful spot in WDW?

Post by dwellsbct » Apr Tue 21, 2009 8:00 am

My favorite quiet peaceful spot would be on Bay Lake riding the first motor launch across the lake from the Fort Wilderness Campground to the Contemporary. I often am the only passenger on the first run and the view of the sunrise while gliding across the lake is so awesome.
Last edited by dwellsbct on Apr Tue 21, 2009 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 8:13 am

We like the Gazebo between ESPN Sports Zone and the Yacht Club. At night hardly anybody walks through there and you can see the whole of the Boardwalk area.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Apr Tue 21, 2009 8:20 am

While there are several, I like to relax in one of the reading nooks that surround the lobby on the upper floors of the WL.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 8:24 am

you can relax at Disney World!!??
j/k any bench along the world showcase is where we like to rest, beautiful views and ppl watching galore!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Tue 21, 2009 9:08 am

Eating fish 'n chips next to the World Showcase Lagoon as the sun is going down is very relaxing. You can also hear the British Invasion in the background...very nice.

Also...we stayed at Coronado Springs several years ago and I believe they had hammocks around their "lake" and that was quite peaceful at night.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Apr Tue 21, 2009 11:12 am

On a visit, I believe it was fall of 1998, my sister and I were nearing the end of a great WDW vacation when we were experiencing some crowd fatigue. I'm sure all Disney park fans can identify with this! We were on Main St. getting a cookie at the bake shop, wondering where we could go for some peace, when we found a little stairwell near the bakery that was really tucked in off the street, and believe it or not, very quiet. It was really quite funny, most people walking by wouldn't even notice us, then occasionally someone would glance our way not expecting to see anyone sitting in there, and they would double take! We would just wave! Not someplace I would go to relax and kick back, there are plenty of places for that kind of thing at WDW, however, it gave us a break from the crowd, and a special memory! :mickey3:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 12:00 pm

We have a tradition to take a picture at a certain spot in EPCOT on a bench. It is between works showcase and future world. For some reason there is never a lot of people there during the day and it is a great place to just sit back and relax.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

timekeeper

Post by timekeeper » Apr Tue 21, 2009 12:01 pm

My quiest spot it in the Italy courtyard. I grab a glass of Rosa Regale, some chocolate and relax at the metal chairs and tables in the center. (I took a pic from the wine glasses view point and had it as my desktop background for a while. Good thing I work for an beverage distributor....)

MagicKingdom Fairy89

Post by MagicKingdom Fairy89 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 12:27 pm

we like to relax either on a bench in downtown disney in the market place that faces the lake, or in my home country the united kingdom in the world showcase
'Just Believe and Your Dreams Will Come True' - Disney Dreams come True Parade

DaRkNeSs

Relaxin

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Tue 21, 2009 1:37 pm

I have 2 that are my favorite, ording a Draft Fire Rock at Ohanas at night while the water pageant goes by at the Poy!
And at Flame Tree BBQ in AK, if u walk all the way to the back one of seating areas has a great view over the water looking at Everest! Love seating there eating and listening to happy people screaming their lungs out on that ride :figment: :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 21, 2009 1:42 pm

In United Kingdom, where the tea garden is located during Food & Wine Festival. When the F&W Festival isn't going on, this is a real quiet location to relax, and a little hidden to possibily enjoy some privacy, and even listen to the British Invasion every hour or so.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by napastoy » Apr Tue 21, 2009 2:46 pm

We have three places:

1) International Gateway, which is the second entrance to Epcot. Quiet, beautiful and great BGM. It's also the entrance you use to get to the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach club.

We always hangout here, people watch with a pastry and brew. People are always hurrying to and from Epcot so fast, they hardly even notice it exists. And when they do look, they don't see an attraction or vendor, so they just hurry on.

2) The Belle Vue Room Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn. This is our favorite place to read and practice libation. Most relaxed bar in WDW.

3) Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. Well worth it and so relaxing. We've been when there are a lot of people and hardly any at all and it doesn't seem to make a difference. It's just relaxing. :mickey:
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Tue 21, 2009 2:50 pm

I'd say our quiet spot is on the balcony at night after the kids are in bed - beverage in hand and the day to discuss.

On my solo trip, my favorite quiet spot was in a hammock on the CBR beach watching Illuminations.

Notice the connection? Too many rides to enjoy to have a quiet/peaceful spot in the parks. I save that for later.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Apr Tue 21, 2009 3:35 pm

momeja wrote:I'd say our quiet spot is on the balcony at night after the kids are in bed - beverage in hand and the day to discuss.

I couldn't agree more. We usually stay at the Boardwalk so sometimes it's not so quiet.

rknrlrcstr

Post by rknrlrcstr » Apr Tue 21, 2009 4:03 pm

In the covered dining area on the river behind Flame Tree BBQ during either an early or late lunch. Very peaceful after you get used to the "screams" from Everest.
Are we there yet? When can we go back?

I don't know what's worse, the anticipation of going or the withdrawals after getting home.