Where is your quiet/peaceful spot in WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Pyramidhead
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Pyramidhead » Apr Tue 21, 2009 9:18 pm

I always stay at PO:FQ and I've found pretty much anyplace on their grounds to be very quiet.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 9:58 pm

the "hidden" pathway over at MK is nice. granted, the railroad track is on one side of you, and the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is on the other, but there are hardly any people who walk that path...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Tue 21, 2009 9:59 pm

js3901 wrote:the "hidden" pathway over at MK is nice. granted, the railroad track is on one side of you, and the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is on the other, but there are hardly any people who walk that path...
I just love this path!!! I had completely forgotten about it until our past trip, we were there during MVMCP and took the pathway to Toon Town, it's awesome, there was no one on it but us!!!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 22, 2009 12:08 pm

js3901 wrote:the "hidden" pathway over at MK is nice. granted, the railroad track is on one side of you, and the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is on the other, but there are hardly any people who walk that path...
What a great answer! I was thinking of quiet/peaceful as a variation on Pooh's "thotful spot" - a place where you can sit for a bit - but whenever we are on this path, I always enjoy how quiet it is relative to the rest of the park.

emnbensdad
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by emnbensdad » Apr Wed 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Same here. I had never been down that path before and actually doubted my wife when she pointed the way. Silly me.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Apr Wed 22, 2009 1:10 pm

I enjoy a rocking chair on the front porch of the Trails End at Fort Wilderness. Anytime of the day is nice but especially between 7 and 8 am before most people start heading out for the day. Also the walking trail between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge is usually very peaceful.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Wed 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Another great peaceful spot that I enjoyed when we stayed there were the rocking chairs behind the Boardwalk Lobby. The only problem was you can just never get one as everybody just likes to sit there at night and watch people walk on the busy boardwalk and you also get to watch the friendships make their trips around the water.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

keneka
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by keneka » Apr Thu 23, 2009 1:59 am

one of my favorites which no longer exists was on the old Discovery Island - on the surrounding beach lying in a hammock.

I guess now it would either be on Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Kingdom (overlooking BTM) relaxing on one their rocking chairs or in Animal Kingdom on the Maharajah Jungle Trek where there are some really peaceful spots away from the crowds.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Thu 23, 2009 3:28 am

My favorite quiet spot is gone... the Matsu no ma lounge in the Japan pavilion. Very quiet, best view of the rest of World Showcase and the Lagoon, excellent sushi/sake. Good memories.

My still-in-existence favorite is probably that above-mentioned 'hidden path' in the MK or the various empty side areas in Adventureland, Liberty Square/Frontierland and Tomorrowland (especially riding around on the TTA) after dark.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Apr Thu 23, 2009 6:48 am

Inside the MK I always like to stop and listen and watch in Tomorrowland. There is a bench right across from the COP. It is located near a water fountain as well so it makes for a nice resting place.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Thu 23, 2009 5:17 pm

There is a spot in Downtown Disney Westside, between and behind Bongos and Wolfgang Puck. There is a bench (are benches?) and one of those pay-for-a-minute binocular viewer thingies overlooking the lake towards the resort on the other side (Saratoga Springs I think). Not many people go back there so on a nice night it is a good spot. Even when it is cold and breezy!!!
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Apr Thu 23, 2009 8:23 pm

The library room in France, anywhere off the main paths on Tom Sawyer's Island, and the path along the canal in the Port Orleans resorts.
:nemo:

cinderella75

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Fri 24, 2009 3:28 pm

One of my favorite is Flame Tree BBQ in AK, as your standing in line and ordering and eating is great listening to the calm peacefull music, and if u walk all the way to the back one of seating areas has a great view over the water looking at Everest! Love wathing the ride :mickey3:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 24, 2009 3:33 pm

MadEye wrote:There is a spot in Downtown Disney Westside, between and behind Bongos and Wolfgang Puck. There is a bench (are benches?) and one of those pay-for-a-minute binocular viewer thingies overlooking the lake towards the resort on the other side (Saratoga Springs I think). Not many people go back there so on a nice night it is a good spot. Even when it is cold and breezy!!!
You mean over where the margarita shack is. I've spent a lot of time there while my family was shopping.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

JimB
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by JimB » Apr Sat 25, 2009 7:40 am

I have two favorites. On the Trails End (or is it Crocketts Tavern?) porch at Ft. Wilderness in a corner rocking chair, and the smoking area outside of the Writer's Stop shop in DHS. Actually the smoking area has dropped a couple of notches since I quit smoking but the one bench by the end doesn't seem to get an objectionable amount of the second hand smoke and smell. That area still holds a huge amount of pleasant memories for me.