Soarin' over _____?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mdk010
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Soarin' over _____?

Post by mdk010 » Apr Tue 14, 2009 2:28 pm

I love Soarin'. Disney really scored with that ride and it can be exciting for the entire family. It is a must see. California is a great location and has a very diverse landscape. But as time wears on, the original video may become tiresome. The ride could be able to be updated to 'Soar' over some other location. I am not for changing the ride, but just pretend Disney wanted to change it.

Where would you like to Soar over if they changed it?

I would say "Soarin' Over Europe"

It could fly over the Coliseum, Greece, Normandy, Tuscany and so on.
"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained."
-Walt Disney

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Tue 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Europe could be too big and general...but I could definitely see Italy. You have Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, Naples, etc.

If you did decide to go with Europe you could throw in Paris, London, Stonehenge (Scotland), Barcelona, etc.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MagicKingdom Fairy89
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MagicKingdom Fairy89 » Apr Tue 14, 2009 3:10 pm

I would say soar over the United Kingdom, there so many landmarks other then the ones in London, like the angel of the north, brighton beach, snowdon mountain, edingburough castle, warwick castle.
'Just Believe and Your Dreams Will Come True' - Disney Dreams come True Parade

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Tue 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Soarin over the countries in the world showcase!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Tue 14, 2009 3:32 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Soarin over the countries in the world showcase!
That is what I would do. A brief look at all the countries. It would be a great way to tie the park together.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 14, 2009 4:21 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Soarin over the countries in the world showcase!
Defnitely agree and they should tie it in using the same music or at least have the same composer conduct a new piece.

OR they should at least make one hangar the current Soarin film and the other one show the Showcase countries.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Tue 14, 2009 5:19 pm

How about Soarin over America! You could start on one coast and end up on the other. With the amazing natural beauty of this country it couldn't lose.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Tue 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:How about Soarin over America! You could start on one coast and end up on the other. With the amazing natural beauty of this country it couldn't lose.
I seem to remember that this was the initial plan for Epcot's Soarin'. After all, how much sense does Soarin' over California make in Florida anyhow? I think they went through a budget cut, though, so they just installed the DL version.

I do hope they sometime refurb it with Soarin' over America. I think it would make a great attraction and perfect for Epcot.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 14, 2009 5:41 pm

momeja wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:How about Soarin over America! You could start on one coast and end up on the other. With the amazing natural beauty of this country it couldn't lose.
I seem to remember that this was the initial plan for Epcot's Soarin'. After all, how much sense does Soarin' over California make in Florida anyhow? I think they went through a budget cut, though, so they just installed the DL version.

I do hope they sometime refurb it with Soarin' over America. I think it would make a great attraction and perfect for Epcot.
Well they moved it to EPCOT because that was the "happiest celebration on earth" when WDW grabbed attractions from DL, DLP, Tokyo to each of its parks so I guess you could say it was a budget cut and laziness in creativity as well.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Tue 14, 2009 5:52 pm

packwingfn wrote:
momeja wrote:

Well they moved it to EPCOT because that was the "happiest celebration on earth" when WDW grabbed attractions from DL, DLP, Tokyo to each of its parks so I guess you could say it was a budget cut and laziness in creativity as well.
No. The original plan was to bring it to Epcot and change it to Soarin' over America. At some point, the original idea got axed and they just imported it without the new film.

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by napastoy » Apr Tue 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Soarin' Over America makes the most sense and was originally what was suppose to occur. :mickey:
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Soarin' over _____?

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Tue 14, 2009 7:12 pm

mdk010 wrote:I would say "Soarin' Over Europe"
If they do a few specific countries in general like say maybe every few days or so that would be neat.

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Apr Tue 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Adding the obligatory comment that none of these make sense in The Land. But, y'know.

One of the benefits of these "screens" attractions is the opportunity for diverse experiences at the same attraction. They could easily create a selection of different films, so the ride is different every time, although they'd probably want some kind of system so the guest can choose. If you went three times and got the same movie each time, it would be a bit of a bummer (unless you were doing it on purpose).

Dr. Ravenscroft

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Apr Tue 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Captain Schnemo wrote:Adding the obligatory comment that none of these make sense in The Land. But, y'know.

One of the benefits of these "screens" attractions is the opportunity for diverse experiences at the same attraction. They could easily create a selection of different films, so the ride is different every time, although they'd probably want some kind of system so the guest can choose. If you went three times and got the same movie each time, it would be a bit of a bummer (unless you were doing it on purpose).
Very good points. I would love it if they had different videos each time. How difficult would it be to have different programs in the computer system? Yes it would be more code but it would make it a better experience for guests, it would draw more guests into the Park to ride it.......and make the standby line 120 minutes long. :roll:

If it was soarin' over America (which I think it should be Soarin' over the World since it is in Disney WORLD) how many monuments do we have in this country. Do you really think you could get all the best, most noticeable, ones in one show that is 5 minutes at the most? If you had 5 shows you can get a ton more in the show. Have the same ending....you sort of have to, with the obligatory flight over the parks, but have different locations each time.

Or maybe have 4 shows for 4 seasons. You can do fly overs during the changing of the leaves in New England, Spring in the National Parks like Yellowstone, Summer at beaches in California, South Carolina, etc. And Winter in Salt Lake City and Colorado.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Apr Tue 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Soarin' Over South America...since they get no representation in the World Showcase
:P