New Animal Kingdom Area

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which is your favorite area in Animal Kingdom?

Asia
39%
Dinoland USA
9%
Africa
38%
Camp Minnie Mickey
3%
Discovery Island
5%
Oasis
4%
Rafikis Planet Watch
2%

Total votes: 100

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

New Animal Kingdom Area

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Sat 04, 2009 9:09 am

My favorite Disney Park by far is Animal Kingdom! When the park was first built a Mystic Land was planned with Dragons and such! As far as I know that idea was scrapped! So the question that I have is what else could Disney Imagineers add to thje park?
I can do the Animal Kingdom in less then a day! Would love to have another land added! I love the decor and lush, vast foilage in that park!
I feel that Australia would be a great land to add to animal kingdom, the vast wildlife of that region! I feel you could make a ride close to Indiana Jones for this region maybe using folklore from that country! A awesome wildlife walk threw could be done! The species in that country are exoctic and a great experience for children of all ages!!
Another ride could focus around the great barrier reef, a simulator kind of like star tours! Could have beauty and some thrills! I have always wanted to visit that reef! Even some characters from Nemo could make a cameo, for the kiddies!
You have a vast selection of different climates and regions to choose from much like the United States. Everything from desert climates to mountain ranges.
What do you guys think? What else would be a good addition to Animal Kingdom?
:donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Apr Sat 04, 2009 10:57 am

Do they want to expand? That place is pretty huge already. A lot of walking as it is. I like your idea of the Barrier Reef ride but I think they already had that w/ the Living Seas.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Sat 04, 2009 8:12 pm

AK is large enough already, IMHO. the square mileage of that park is such that you can put MK, Epcot, AND MGM in there and STILL have room left over. Granted, a bunch of it is land for the safari and foliage and such, but still...

as for the land that COULD go in - anywhere with a diverse animal population that is distinctly different from what's there already could fit the bill. or bring back the mythical beasts like the original plan...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Sat 04, 2009 9:35 pm

We do enjoy AK but I feel the park is very spread out, definitely alot of walking! A barrier reef attraction would be cool, I'm sure they could do something totally different than the Seas at EPCOT.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Sun 05, 2009 2:08 am

js3901 wrote:or bring back the mythical beasts like the original plan...
This. Because I've always wanted to see what they'd do with it and if they weren't hung up on linking it with Disney films, they could do some cool stuff.

Failing that, Australia would be a decent fit. It could have that barrier reef business, plus a variety of animals you don't get anywhere else (outside of zoos). I personally think "Tigger's Terrifyingly Poisonous Animals Walking Trail" has a nice ring to it.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

DaRkNeSs

Animal Kingdom

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Sun 05, 2009 9:11 am

I know Animal Kingdom is large and spread out. But from my many trips to WDW if you dont enjoy walking, you came to the wrong theme park! That is half the fun to me walking and exploring different areas. I honestly have no idea if Disney is planing to expand in fact it is highly unlikely. I was just wanting to have a little fun with you guys! :D :donald:

I too was so looking forward to the mystical section of AK! I wish they would consider that area even for another park!
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Apr Mon 06, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm glad they didn't go through with the plans for Beastly Kingdom; it just wouldn't have fit in with the rest of the park. It would be nice if Animal Kingdom had more to do, I suppose, but it's also fine as it is, because you don't feel the need to rush. It's maybe the most relaxed park in WDW.

samuraiblue
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by samuraiblue » Apr Mon 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Future Guy wrote:I'm glad they didn't go through with the plans for Beastly Kingdom; it just wouldn't have fit in with the rest of the park.
I'm 50/50 down the line. The nostalgist in me doesn't want to see any additions, while the other half of me wants there to be more in the park. I think they just need to focus on their current areas and build upon those before undertaking an entire new area...
- sblue.

"Your Vehicle, Bravo 229'er is now ready, please begin immediate boarding and have a safe... and informative journey." - Body Wars

[url=http://jmlandry.blogspot.com/]Blog[/url] * [url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=57210619]Facebook[/url] * [url=http://plurk.com/samuraiblue/invite]Plurk[/url]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/gamerotakumc/displayphp.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/gamerotakumc/display-1phpgif.jpg[/img]

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Apr Tue 07, 2009 10:42 am

Great question!

The Animal Kingdom is also our family's favorite park. I, too, would like to see them add something aquatic. Perhaps an interactive show like at Sea World. An Aquarium at the AK based on the Great Barrier Reef is a good idea, too.

The Living Seas at Epcot could be soooooo much better. Disney does most things very well. But the Living Seas isn't one of them.

As for the AK being too big... only 30% of the park is accessible to walkers. Nearly 1/2 of the park space is taken up by the Safari and Rafiki's planet watch. You do much more walking at Epcot.

dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dwellsbct » Apr Tue 07, 2009 11:00 am

I'd love to see an American West area, with animals like bears, mountain lions, bison, American bald eagles, etc. It would be a kind of extension of the Wilderness Lodge theme. :mickey:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

DaRkNeSs

American West

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Tue 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Never thought of an American West theme, that would be very interesting! Disney could do alot with that also!
I would also love to see a large aquatic area added!! I know they have the living seas. But I also agree that could be alot better! Wow great ideas! Keep them coming!

samuraiblue

Post by samuraiblue » Apr Tue 07, 2009 3:40 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:I would also love to see a large aquatic area added!!
I wonder if they feel that an aquatic component would be in direct competition to SeaWorld, so if they want to make an attempt, then they feel it needs to be a good one... Thoughts?
- sblue.

"Your Vehicle, Bravo 229'er is now ready, please begin immediate boarding and have a safe... and informative journey." - Body Wars

[url=http://jmlandry.blogspot.com/]Blog[/url] * [url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=57210619]Facebook[/url] * [url=http://plurk.com/samuraiblue/invite]Plurk[/url]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/gamerotakumc/displayphp.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/gamerotakumc/display-1phpgif.jpg[/img]

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Apr Wed 08, 2009 9:08 am

dwellsbct wrote:I'd love to see an American West area, with animals like bears, mountain lions, bison, American bald eagles, etc. It would be a kind of extension of the Wilderness Lodge theme. :mickey:
This would be very fun and a great new twist.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 08, 2009 3:02 pm

I think Australia would be a great addition for the AK. Though I'm not sure if I'd like to see Australia in World Showcase more. They could do more with it in the AK, but they could get the Australia government to help with the money in EPCOT.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

DaRkNeSs

Aquatic and Australia Areas

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Wed 08, 2009 3:49 pm

An aquatic area in AK would be just another reason to pull families into Disney. Why pay 75 dollars for Sea World when you get the best of both worlds with AK. However to compete with Sea World, WOW that would take alot of money!! With the financial problems Disney has been having doubt they would be willing to put that kind of money out, for quite some time!

Aunstralia would be a great edition to World Show Case or AK. Disney could have alot more fun with that area in AK thou! More space and more opportunities for different attractions!!