New Animal Kingdom Area

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which is your favorite area in Animal Kingdom?

Asia
39%
Dinoland USA
9%
Africa
38%
Camp Minnie Mickey
3%
Discovery Island
5%
Oasis
4%
Rafikis Planet Watch
2%

Total votes: 100

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Thu 19, 2009 11:55 pm

Florida panthers need a ton of land to live and hunt naturally, but if you put a meat dispenser in a room, they can live out their lives there.

I can't speak as to which they would prefer.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Is it better to have them die off or to keep them? I don't know the answer, I do know you'd have to fence in the Glades to keep them safe. It just seems so wrong to cage any kind of large animal like that. This the reason I stopped keeping saltwater fish years ago! What is 100 gallons compared to an ocean? Any cage no mater how well ment is still a cage or tank as be the case.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

jenajustin
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by jenajustin » Nov Sat 21, 2009 2:21 pm

I could watch those Tigers in Asia ALL DAY LONG!!!! Thay are so majestic!!

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Nov Sun 22, 2009 6:53 pm

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If they do a breeding program for the Florida Panther than you would have a couple contained in an artificial environment, but if they breed a larger number of kittens that get returned to the wild, than wouldn't that be a good thing.

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Nov Fri 27, 2009 10:03 am

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If they do a breeding program for the Florida Panther than you would have a couple contained in an artificial environment, but if they breed a larger number of kittens that get returned to the wild, than wouldn't that be a good thing.
If the breeding only requires a few in capativeity to allow many to roam I am all for that. I think that doing some capativeity to save or really help a species is great. Look at the American Alligator total brought back in Fla. Creating an area showing how Disney is working to save native Florida wildlife would be a great area. If Disney can create the area to really benefit the species. :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Nov Fri 27, 2009 1:45 pm

I don't understand this post/poll? The poll is for what is our favorite current area of AK but the post is about what should be added?

I voted for Africa due to the Safari.

As far as adding Beastly Kingdom/mythical creatures/cryptozoology didn't they already do that? Last time I checked yetis fall into that category and the Yeti is the ONLY animal represented at E:E which is arguably their marquee attraction. Ironic?

imaginationcelebration
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Nov Sat 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:As far as adding Beastly Kingdom/mythical creatures/cryptozoology didn't they already do that? Last time I checked yetis fall into that category and the Yeti is the ONLY animal represented at E:E which is arguably their marquee attraction. Ironic?
Interesting, I never really thought about it, but you're right. Don't forget the walking vines and talking animals that stand on two feet that you can find here and there.

DaRkNeSs

Good Point

Post by DaRkNeSs » Dec Sun 13, 2009 9:42 am

As far as adding Beastly Kingdom/mythical creatures/cryptozoology didn't they already do that? Last time I checked yetis fall into that category and the Yeti is the ONLY animal represented at E:E which is arguably their marquee attraction. Ironic?
Great point I never thought of that, wow I would have to argue the main attraction there thou. Alot of people LOVE the safari. The main attraction would definetly be between those 2 attractions. I would like to see an expansion of the mythical creatures thou, the yeti didnt require alot of imagination to come up with.

Poll is for just an idea of what people enjoy at ak, the post is to see what park goers would like to see added to make the park more enjoyable for them. thats the idea! Mr. Toad :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

EpcoT2891
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by EpcoT2891 » Dec Wed 23, 2009 6:52 pm

I have to say that AK could definitely use a new land or area. especially since i'm sure they have more than enough real estate available to do so.

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jan Tue 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Although, I wouldn't say the favorite at first thought, I do enjoy wandering around the oasis and tree of life area and listen to the music in the background.

DaRkNeSs

Music

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Sun 31, 2010 3:54 pm

I would also have to say that the music is the main reason I Love animal kingdom!! Would have to agree with you there!!

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Apr Sun 25, 2010 3:28 pm

While AK is quite large, I still feel they need to add a lot more rides to catch up with some of the other parks. EE was a great new addition.

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Apr Sun 25, 2010 3:37 pm

I like Asia best. Between the tigers and Everest I could spend quite some time there and the photo opportunities are amazing.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Sun 25, 2010 3:41 pm

What Disney needs to do is open up that waterway in AK again. Maybe not the same ol' "boring" ride, but open it up again and add in some new stuff! A water ride doesn't need to be boring! Granted, that was the ride that had the dragon in the cave, but seriously....You could do so many cool things with that ride. It'd be like the Jungle Cruise on steroids!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Mamabaminjamin

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Apr Mon 26, 2010 7:55 pm

I really would like to see the wild west and Aussie areas. I thinkthese could be really nice.