Question About Port Orleans: FQ

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Pyramidhead
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Question About Port Orleans: FQ

Post by Pyramidhead » Apr Fri 03, 2009 6:36 pm

I have been trying to track this down for a long time. I've emailed Disney (who surprisingly never responded, which is odd because they've replied to a lot of other strange things I've asked), checked Mousebits and DisBoards, and nobody seems to know.

Does anybody know where Disney got their music for the Water Taxi from Port Orleans FQ/DL to Downtown Disney? It's a bluegrass-y type delta blues sounding music, and I don't know if it was specifically recorded for Disney, or they pipe it in from satellite radio, or what.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Fri 03, 2009 8:35 pm

if I knew what songs were in the loop, I'm sure we'd be able to find the albums and such that those songs are on.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Richard Bruvofetc
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by Richard Bruvofetc » Apr Sun 12, 2009 5:13 am

I'd love to know where I could get a copy of that as well. :)
Richard

Pyramidhead
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Pyramidhead » Apr Tue 21, 2009 9:09 pm

My plan is that if I can't find this anywhere, I'll use that little Shazam app for iPhone when I head down there in January and see if that can pick anything up.

I just find it really hard to believe that every other piece of park audio can be identified, but nobody seems to know about this.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 9:52 pm

I've never stayed there, personally. I've also never been to that resort (never got the chance to resort-hop last trip). so, on that end, can't help. sorry...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

keneka
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by keneka » Apr Thu 23, 2009 2:03 am

I'd love to know too - I've been staying at PO Riverside since 1994 - I love their music. I'm going in May again and I will see if I can find out :mickey:

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Thu 23, 2009 3:16 am

I've heard it before but beyond the description you already gave (bluegrass-y type delta blues) I don't know what it is.

I see you're going in January; try asking the boat captains. I bet at least one of them will know what the story is, or could direct you to someone who will.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]