You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by momeja » Mar Thu 31, 2016 10:48 am

Amy wrote: You know you're a WDW nut when you first open a computer, now running Windows 10 (ugh, I hate it so far!) and it chirps out a friendly melody ~ and your first response is "Welcome to Star Tours!"
Agreed, Capt. Rex.

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Marty Moose » Apr Fri 01, 2016 10:08 am

When you're talking about a quick trip to Florida and your family interrupts to talk about how many days in the parks. And you meant a cabin on a beach in the panhandle.
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

ambrmk108
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by ambrmk108 » Apr Fri 01, 2016 2:03 pm

You know you're a WDW nut when...

I was talking to a co-worker one day about my wedding in July and he asked where my fiancé and I were planning to go for our honeymoon. I told him that we're going to WDW for our honeymoon, and he responds with, "I guess I should've known better because I heard you were really into Disney." HAHAHA

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 01, 2016 6:54 pm

Marty Moose wrote:When you're talking about a quick trip to Florida and your family interrupts to talk about how many days in the parks. And you meant a cabin on a beach in the panhandle.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...but you are going to dip down for a day or two at Disney right?! :shock: ;)

Marty Moose

Post by Marty Moose » Apr Mon 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Amy wrote:
Marty Moose wrote:When you're talking about a quick trip to Florida and your family interrupts to talk about how many days in the parks. And you meant a cabin on a beach in the panhandle.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...but you are going to dip down for a day or two at Disney right?! :shock: ;)
I'd love to, but it is a really quick trip - only two days total in Florida. Although we were supposed to meet our oldest daughter and now she has to work. So if we're going to see her, it might mean a side trip to Orlando.
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 04, 2016 5:28 pm

Marty Moose wrote:
Amy wrote:
I'd love to, but it is a really quick trip - only two days total in Florida. Although we were supposed to meet our oldest daughter and now she has to work. So if we're going to see her, it might mean a side trip to Orlando.
Hope it all works out and you can fit in seeing your oldest daughter :D

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Apr Wed 06, 2016 11:41 am

Amy wrote:
You know you're a WDW nut when you first open a computer, now running Windows 10 (ugh, I hate it so far!) and it chirps out a friendly melody ~ and your first response is "Welcome to Star Tours!"

Snarf!!!! Non stop service to Endor!
I can't wait to get to that point - haven't been able to get the upgrade to work!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 06, 2016 6:14 pm

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:
Amy wrote:
You know you're a WDW nut when you first open a computer, now running Windows 10 (ugh, I hate it so far!) and it chirps out a friendly melody ~ and your first response is "Welcome to Star Tours!"

Snarf!!!! Non stop service to Endor!
I can't wait to get to that point - haven't been able to get the upgrade to work!
It only made that sound once ~ good luck when you get it. It isn't the most user friendly so far :(

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Wed 06, 2016 6:50 pm

Excuse me but did you just make a ThunderCats reference alongside a Star Wars one? If so I will award you with an internet high five.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Apr Thu 07, 2016 12:47 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Excuse me but did you just make a ThunderCats reference alongside a Star Wars one? If so I will award you with an internet high five.

Snarf-Ra!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 11, 2016 8:08 pm

I'm currently looking for some documentation for my oldest brother and unearthing a lot of old newspaper clippings and photos in the process. I came across a paper my Mom had saved from my Freshman Lit. class in high school. It looks like it was an assignment to write about how travel had changed my life. I thought it was fun to read my 15 year old self's words about WDW.
"When we got down to Florida, we decided to visit Disneyworld. The Sleeping Beauty castle was like something out of a dream. The ideas of Walt Disney seemed endless. Who else would think of flying elephants, a wild neon ride through your dark side, he even thought of a submarine 20,000 leagues under.
This November we had another chance to go there. This time however, we toured Epcot Center.
As we pulled closer to the parking lot we spotted Satellite Earth, the silver sphere, and knew immediately that was what we want to see first. I expected a boring exhibit in each of the worlds but instead I was treated to exciting informative rides.
One thing that interested me in Epcot was the Journey into Imagination building. There we were treated to a trip into the child's mind in all of all with our animatronics guides Professor and Figment."
This was a rough draft with corrections noted throughout, so I'm not sure what sort of grade I got, but it probably wasn't the best ~ my English teachers graded fairly severely, although looking back I'm sure I thought I was a better writer back then than I actually was :lol:
This sort of makes sense why I still don't always think of Spaceship Earth by the correct name. And I never could remember which princess lived in which park ~ I only keep them straight now by remembering what dinner you can have in WDW's castle :lol:
Oh to have experienced schooling in the digital age where almost any information you desire is just a search and click away.

Anyhow, anyone have any old things from their school days related to Disney?

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Tue 12, 2016 7:40 am

I don't have anything like that Amy, but that is pretty fun to stumble across!

You know you're a Disney world nut when you keep checking a certain Youtube channel to keep up with findings and reviews of the recently released Haunted Mansion Ghost Post subscription box. I tried jumping on one but the 999 subscriptions sold out in about an hour apparently, so thusly I was late to the game. Looks like a really cool box, though!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 12, 2016 1:57 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:I don't have anything like that Amy, but that is pretty fun to stumble across!

You know you're a Disney world nut when you keep checking a certain Youtube channel to keep up with findings and reviews of the recently released Haunted Mansion Ghost Post subscription box. I tried jumping on one but the 999 subscriptions sold out in about an hour apparently, so thusly I was late to the game. Looks like a really cool box, though!
Good idea ~ I hadn't thought of looking on there to see what the boxes ended up containing. I did see one post on FB and it looked interesting. Way out of my price range though to have considered trying it. :(

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Tue 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Amy wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:I don't have anything like that Amy, but that is pretty fun to stumble across!

Good idea ~ I hadn't thought of looking on there to see what the boxes ended up containing. I did see one post on FB and it looked interesting. Way out of my price range though to have considered trying it. :(
Check out TheTimTracker on YT. The couple who run it are great!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 12, 2016 8:27 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:
Amy wrote:

Check out TheTimTracker on YT. The couple who run it are great!
Thanks ~ checking it out now :hm_ghost: ~ that's neat ~ I'll have to remember to look them up next month as well!