You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

PopCentury2007
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by PopCentury2007 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Leigh wrote:when you are horrified that someone goes all the way to Orlando and only goes to the Magic Kingdom!!!

and skips Epcot and MGM to go to those other places where the magic is not! :wink:
Guessing this is based on being in Orlando for more than a few days. Min and I are planning a weekend trip (yes, I love the fact that we can now go for a weekend) for her 30th birthday in May. We're only going to be able to visit one park, maybe two parks if we buy a hopper. Actually, this brings up another one:

You know you're a Disney nut when you're completely torn as to which park to attend when you have only one day to visit. :mickey:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

dwellsbct

Post by dwellsbct » Mar Tue 10, 2009 12:23 pm

You know you are a WDW nut when you know who Stacey and Lou are, when you know trivial facts such as the ToT is 199 ft tall or when you know what ToT is for that matter.
Being a WDW nut is a great thing ... isn't it? :goofy_bounce:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Tue 10, 2009 12:30 pm

dwellsbct wrote:You know you are a WDW nut when you know who Stacey and Lou are, when you know trivial facts such as the ToT is 199 ft tall or when you know what ToT is for that matter.
Being a WDW nut is a great thing ... isn't it? :goofy_bounce:
On my last trip (Jan 2009) I told my sister about how my friends and I watched Stacey no less than 20 times on our trip before (Jan 2008). She thought it was funny...until we got to our room and had a little down time while we waited on our parents to get ready. Stacey is pretty much all we ever watched in our room...forget the news or the weather...we wanted Stacey! I don't know what it is...because it's annoying and repetitive...but you just can't stop watching it!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Tue 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Len90 wrote:
jgarmer wrote:My Six year old always finds hidden Mickey's is her food. the thing that sometime I can't understand and I guess this make you a Disney nut. When a coworker says either of two things.

1. My kids are too young to go to WDW they won't remember it.
2. We did the "Disney thing" like it's a singular only ever trip in a kids life time.

I get embarrassed when the WDW phone attendant interrogates me how many have you visited since 1996?
Why get embarrassed? It's a symbol of pride and shows that you know what you are talking about!
I like to proudly tell them how many visits I have!!!! Like Len90 says: it's like a badge of honor!!!! :)

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Mar Wed 11, 2009 12:41 am

You find yourself using the Disney two-finger point when giving directions, even when you're back home.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Wed 11, 2009 12:44 am

secondstar wrote:You find yourself using the Disney two-finger point when giving directions, even when you're back home.
GOOD ONE! I have seemed to forget all about it, but I still subconsciously do it. Disney has brainwashed me and I was never even a CM!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Mar Wed 11, 2009 12:48 am

Len90 wrote:
secondstar wrote:You find yourself using the Disney two-finger point when giving directions, even when you're back home.
GOOD ONE! I have seemed to forget all about it, but I still subconsciously do it. Disney has brainwashed me and I was never even a CM!
Len90, me either.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Mar Wed 18, 2009 9:18 am

When you are posting comments in a disney forum

purple figment

Post by purple figment » Mar Wed 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Peerless83 wrote:When you are posting comments in a disney forum
LOL and you go back to read it from time to time to see what other people wrote after you!!!!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Wed 18, 2009 8:20 pm

purple figment wrote:
LOL and you go back to read it from time to time to see what other people wrote after you!!!!!
Very true... especially when those other people agree with you and second what you say!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Peerless83

Post by Peerless83 » Mar Wed 18, 2009 10:43 pm

I think when you know more about the Disney company than the actual company that you work for...could also be a qualifier

PopCentury2007

Post by PopCentury2007 » Mar Fri 20, 2009 9:49 am

Funny, I became a Subsonic member in '06 but didn't start posting until recently. What does that tell you?

On that note...

I used to think that there was something wrong with my wife and I. I, along with a few family members and friends would ask, "shouldn't two late 20-somethings be interested in traveling the world instead of going to WDW every year". This rang true for me especially since we don't have any kids (yet). Still, Min continually wanted to plan Disney trips and would hound me about becoming DVC members. I'd ask her, "but don't you want to try something new". After a few years of this, I realized that I, along with my wife, am a huge Disney nut (by choice) and there was nothing wrong in attempting to recreate the experience we had together at WDW for our honeymoon every year. Lucky for us, we moved closer so we can go any weekend we want (we just bought our annual passes), which, in turn, frees up other trips to beach, the west coast, overseas, etc.

In the end....yes, I'm a late 20-something ex-jock that loves Disney..lmao :mickey3:

Peerless83

Post by Peerless83 » Mar Fri 20, 2009 11:04 am

PopCentury...theres nothing wrong that with. Im 27...ex "jock" and love disney as well.

Its hard to explain to the air head girls that I pick up at bars...:) im jk...no need for any hateful responses

Cazza and Livvie's Mum

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » Mar Sun 22, 2009 10:04 am

I realised my 'Disney Addiction' was getting a bit OTT when I took my daughter for a hospital appointment. The consulting room was decorated with Disney Babies and to keep my daughter's mind of things we were playing name the character. The doctor was absolutely fascinated that we knew them all and asked us to go into another room (this one was Winnie the Pooh) and she asked can you name these too? So we did.

The doctor was gobsmacked and told me I need to take my kids to WDW and my 7 year old daughter replied 'That's the only place we go to now!' :oops:

dwellsbct

Post by dwellsbct » Mar Sun 22, 2009 12:18 pm

PopCentury2007 wrote: I used to think that there was something wrong with my wife and I. I, along with a few family members and friends would ask, "shouldn't two late 20-somethings be interested in traveling the world instead of going to WDW every year".
In the end....yes, I'm a late 20-something ex-jock that loves Disney..lmao :mickey3:
Not to worry, my beautiful fiance' and I are two 40 something year olds who love Disney I have always been a Disney nut and I have drawn her in and I think she is slowly becomming a Disney nut too. I proposed to her on the shores of the 7 seas lagoon after the "Wishes" fireworks show. Now we are going to DAK for her birthday.
W.Disney