You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Fri 19, 2016 9:18 pm

...a magazine arrives in the paper with a Disney article and you question their research skills when there is a photo caption of "Space Ship Earth At Epcot Center At Disney World At Night". The photo was at least of Spaceship Earth at night, but they could have googled the attraction and park name. While being partial to the EPCOT Center name, I do recognize that's not really accurate anymore.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Tue 23, 2016 1:00 am

You share your couch with a giant plush Sorcerer Mickey. Mickey always sits next to me when I am watching TV.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Thu 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Len90 wrote:You share your couch with a giant plush Sorcerer Mickey. Mickey always sits next to me when I am watching TV.
I've gotta think that might interfere with the love life of a handsome, eligible bachelor like you. 8-)

On the other hand, you always have someone/something soft to lean on if you get sleepy while you're watching TV.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 03, 2016 7:43 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Len90 wrote:You share your couch with a giant plush Sorcerer Mickey. Mickey always sits next to me when I am watching TV.
I've gotta think that might interfere with the love life of a handsome, eligible bachelor like you. 8-)

On the other hand, you always have someone/something soft to lean on if you get sleepy while you're watching TV.
I'm sure his future Mrs. Right will appreciate Mickey just as much as he does ~ otherwise she won't be Mrs. Right ;) :lol:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 21, 2016 8:41 am

When you move to a new house...and you ask your DS (almost 4 years old) what his "favorite PART of the new house is" and his answer is:

"Disney's Animal Kingdom Park"

I think he's watched "Must Do Disney" a few times. :lol:

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 21, 2016 10:20 am

theBIGyowski wrote:When you move to a new house...and you ask your DS (almost 4 years old) what his "favorite PART of the new house is" and his answer is:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Mon 21, 2016 12:45 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:When you move to a new house...and you ask your DS (almost 4 years old) what his "favorite PART of the new house is" and his answer is:

He's telling you he wants his room to look like the Tree of Life. Wouldn't that make an awesome bedroom?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 28, 2016 8:43 am

When choosing between two things on a quiz ~ teleportation, and mind reading ~ my first thought it always teleportation because I could teleport myself to any of the Disney Parks! Plus that whole Skippy thing from Alien Encounter ;) :lol:

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 28, 2016 9:33 am

cy1229 wrote:

He's telling you he wants his room to look like the Tree of Life. Wouldn't that make an awesome bedroom?
Yes it would!

We actually have a room in our basement that the previous owners painted to look like a safari. We'll probably end up painting over it at some point...or just rip out the basement completely and start over to include things like a bathroom and bedroom. Right now it is just being used for storage.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 28, 2016 11:31 am

Wow ~ that's a really neat basement :D The kids will probably really like playing down there when they get a little older!

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Yeah, that is just a small part of the larger basement. It's a neat room that our kids love, so we'd love to keep it like that for a few years but we know we'll eventually need a bathroom and a few other things that would require gutting a lot of it. Of course if it were up to me, it would be turned into a media room with my Alabama football paintings and Disney stuff on the walls. I'd love to be able to put my Run Disney medals out on display...once I found them. I'm sure they're in a box somewhere in our sea of boxes.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Mar Wed 30, 2016 9:13 am

When your spouse and his staff are working out next year's schedule in your dining room, and you remind him that they can't plan anything for a certain week in February because you've already booked next year's trip.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2016 11:06 am

momeja wrote:When your spouse and his staff are working out next year's schedule in your dining room, and you remind him that they can't plan anything for a certain week in February because you've already booked next year's trip.
:lol: Unless!! :idea: you can get a business trip scheduled during that time so some of the expenses will be deductible! :goofy_bounce:

momeja

Post by momeja » Mar Wed 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:When your spouse and his staff are working out next year's schedule in your dining room, and you remind him that they can't plan anything for a certain week in February because you've already booked next year's trip.
:lol: Unless!! :idea: you can get a business trip scheduled during that time so some of the expenses will be deductible! :goofy_bounce:
That would be fantastic. But it's only ever happened once. When your spouse is a rabbi, there aren't too many business opportunities down south, unless there's a conference, which there was last November. And we finally got to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We'd always wanted to go but never had the opportunity before. So much fun! We're hoping for another conference someday so that we can go again. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2016 9:27 pm

momeja wrote:
Amy wrote:
That would be fantastic. But it's only ever happened once. When your spouse is a rabbi, there aren't too many business opportunities down south, unless there's a conference, which there was last November. And we finally got to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We'd always wanted to go but never had the opportunity before. So much fun! We're hoping for another conference someday so that we can go again. :)
Ah, well, at least you got to go once!

You know you're a WDW nut when you first open a computer, now running Windows 10 (ugh, I hate it so far!) and it chirps out a friendly melody ~ and your first response is "Welcome to Star Tours!"