You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Mon 26, 2013 11:44 am

Amy wrote:When you buy two more boxes of Monsters University cereal to get the MU codes in order to order another Mike Waszowski pillowcase! The cereal wasn't all that tasty, but it was on clearance at Walgreens for $2 a box, and I only needed two more codes for the second pillowcase :D
Man I bought Monsters University cereal, what are these MU codes that I missed out on?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 26, 2013 12:52 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
Amy wrote:When you buy two more boxes of Monsters University cereal to get the MU codes in order to order another Mike Waszowski pillowcase! The cereal wasn't all that tasty, but it was on clearance at Walgreens for $2 a box, and I only needed two more codes for the second pillowcase :D
Man I bought Monsters University cereal, what are these MU codes that I missed out on?
The specially marked boxes had a code inside (I think it was 16 digit?) You can redeem one code for two music downloads, 4 codes for a Mike pillowcase, or 6 codes for a movie ticket to a Disney/Pixar film. Here is a direct link to the Kellogg's site. Hopefully you still have your codes! The pillowcase is really cute and quite nice for absolutely free...well, except for buying cereal. No shipping or handling costs either!
https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/e ... sters.html

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by L3PCT » Aug Tue 27, 2013 12:23 pm

When you read the word ESCAPE and you pronounce it Es-cop-e' :nemo: ... because that how Dory says it in Finding Nemo... and I mean every time you see it!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 30, 2013 9:26 am

When you admire someone's new check design and think to yourself, "This design is pretty, but not as pretty as my Disney check design!" :lol:

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Sat 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Amy wrote:When you admire someone's new check design and think to yourself, "This design is pretty, but not as pretty as my Disney check design!" :lol:
I want Disney checks!! Where do you order yours from, the bank or one of the private check companies?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 31, 2013 4:56 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
Amy wrote:When you admire someone's new check design and think to yourself, "This design is pretty, but not as pretty as my Disney check design!" :lol:
I want Disney checks!! Where do you order yours from, the bank or one of the private check companies?
I order mine from Costco. But I always see those adds in my Sunday paper coupons, I think if you Google you can find them! Your bank might have them too?!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 31, 2013 5:19 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:
I order mine from Costco. But I always see those adds in my Sunday paper coupons, I think if you Google you can find them! Your bank might have them too?!
Went down and checked my checks (heehee) the return address is Direct Checks. I found a couple companies just by googling ~ here are those links, which should pop you right onto the Disney selections :D

http://secure.checksinthemail.com/line. ... ank+checks

http://www.checksunlimited.com/SearchResults.aspx ~ this is the one I had ordered from before. I got the Disney Classics, series II but it looks like the characters are a bit different now. Mine include the Little Mermaid, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Toy Story. I rarely write checks anymore because of online bill paying, so I have enough to last many more years! :lol:

The one thing I would want to share is the check colors are more muted than what they show on the website or in the flyers included in the newspaper. I understand it is probably to make the checks more legible, but I was a bit disappointed in the more muted colors. But it is more fun to write on a Disney check! :mickey:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:58 pm

You go on a bike ride at the Dunes, Kemil Beach and when you stop to take a break, you make Hidden Mickey's out of the rocks!!! (This is bdude's creation)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Nice! :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 03, 2013 11:44 am

When someone replies that they just don't get Disney when they see a post of yours on FB, and your first thought is, "I never liked him anyhow" :lol:
In this case it was a guy who studied with the same piano teacher as me. He is about eight years older than me, went to school with one of my brothers, he was fairly nice to them in school and to me at the piano studio...I met up with him a few years back at a garage sale and he was so pompous and arrogant it was unbelievable! :roll: I guess that maybe becoming the conductor of a symphony will do that to a person :?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Tue 03, 2013 11:46 am

Amy wrote:When someone replies that they just don't get Disney when they see a post of yours on FB, and your first thought is, "I never liked him anyhow" :lol:
In this case it was a guy who studied with the same piano teacher as me. He is about eight years older than me, went to school with one of my brothers, he was fairly nice to them in school and to me at the piano studio...I met up with him a few years back at a garage sale and he was so pompous and arrogant it was unbelievable! :roll: I guess that maybe becoming the conductor of a symphony will do that to a person :?
I guess that's his loss then Amy!!! :D It's too bad when people lose themselves and things go to their heads.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 03, 2013 12:16 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
Amy wrote:When someone replies that they just don't get Disney when they see a post of yours on FB, and your first thought is, "I never liked him anyhow" :lol:
I guess that's his loss then Amy!!! :D It's too bad when people lose themselves and things go to their heads.
Yeah, doesn't bother me much. I suppose it is interesting that he took the time to look at my picture and comment on it though...must be a slow day in the symphony world :roll: :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 6:58 am

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:
Yeah, doesn't bother me much. I suppose it is interesting that he took the time to look at my picture and comment on it though...must be a slow day in the symphony world :roll: :lol:
God sends people like that into our lives now and then to remind us how NOT to be. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Sep Thu 19, 2013 2:17 am

When you are at the local zoo and for a brief second you think you are at Disney's Animal Kingdom. :D :roll: :lol:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Thu 19, 2013 12:21 pm

MetalRage wrote:When you are at the local zoo and for a brief second you think you are at Disney's Animal Kingdom. :D :roll: :lol:
Our local zoo in Birmingham had a very nice addition not too long ago that has an Africa theme to it. The first time I went to the new addition I was blown away...because it was probably the closest thing to DAK as you could get without it being a theme park. I was very, very impressed. It was a nice affordable alternative to DAK at least...especially when you factor in having a child under 2 years old with you.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)