You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 04, 2010 10:30 am

Mousekedude wrote:When the first cold front of the season comes through Houston, and you find yourself constantly singing "It's beginning to feel... a lot... like... Dis-neyyyyy... evvvvrywherrrre you gooooooooo....." (sung to the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas").
...when a fellow Subber creates his own Disney-fied song and it's stuck in your head... :roll: :lol:
Amy wrote:When you wake up in the morning with the finale music of the Muppets going through your head...and you haven't listened to the show in a loooooooooong time :shock:
"It's a glorious 3 hours finale." "You've got a minute and a half!" "Gasp!!" :lol:
I think I'm gonna have to try and request that one today.... :D 8-)

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Wed 06, 2010 7:02 am

When every Disney conversation with your coworkers starts to sound like a sales pitch...
"Jes I love your new mug. Did you buy that at Disney?"
"It was part of our package deal, so we each got one. You can refill these at your resort with water, soda, coffee or whatever for the length of your stay."
"That's a good deal!" :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 18, 2010 11:03 am

When you are browsing the books in the travel section at the bookstore, pick up the Mousejunkies book that has been mentioned on here, and flip through it and not realize for awhile that the title isn't actually Mouskejunkies :lol: Or maybe that just makes me a sub nut :roll: :lol:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Oct Mon 18, 2010 3:28 pm

When you can tell where on Disney property someone works by the pants they wear. Seriously, I was at the Steak and Shake north of the Crossroads (most of you should know where that is) and I saw at least 20 different pants from different costumes at WDW.

Off the top of my head I remember seeing: Maintenance, Emporium, Frontierland, Tower of Terror, Pecos Bills, Columbia Harbor House, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours (before it closed to make way for ST 2.0), Costuming (most of you don't see them because it is usually a backstage position), Monorail Pilot and World of Disney.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 18, 2010 3:39 pm

MadEye wrote:When you can tell where on Disney property someone works by the pants they wear. Seriously, I was at the Steak and Shake north of the Crossroads (most of you should know where that is) and I saw at least 20 different pants from different costumes at WDW.

Off the top of my head I remember seeing: Maintenance, Emporium, Frontierland, Tower of Terror, Pecos Bills, Columbia Harbor House, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours (before it closed to make way for ST 2.0), Costuming (most of you don't see them because it is usually a backstage position), Monorail Pilot and World of Disney.
That one should be "you know you're a cast member when...." :lol:
Good one, though... :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 18, 2010 6:55 pm

MadEye wrote:When you can tell where on Disney property someone works by the pants they wear. Seriously, I was at the Steak and Shake north of the Crossroads (most of you should know where that is) and I saw at least 20 different pants from different costumes at WDW.

Do they have to cover up the top parts of their costumes when they are out and off property? I thought all the CM's had to leave their costumes on property?!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 18, 2010 11:55 pm

I don't think they have to switch out of uniform during a meal break, but they do have to turn it back in at the end of the day (but as you can see from Ebay, this is not always the case)...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Oct Tue 19, 2010 8:58 am

Amy wrote:

Do they have to cover up the top parts of their costumes when they are out and off property? I thought all the CM's had to leave their costumes on property?!
Yes. When off property, you are not allowed to be in full costume. Some CMs don't heed that warning. I've seen a CM or two in full costume go shopping at walmart. If caught (managers shop at walmart as well), they could lose their job.
mindflipper wrote:I don't think they have to switch out of uniform during a meal break, but they do have to turn it back in at the end of the day (but as you can see from Ebay, this is not always the case)...
Most of the time, when CMs go on break, they go backstage to eat. No guests will see them eating there but they might spot a CM or two walking around the parks with a styrofoam box with food in it every now and then. And no, CMs do not have to turn in their costumes in at the end of the day. Full time CMs can have up to 5 costumes checked out at a time (which is helpful if you work at multiple locations) and part time can have up to 3 costumes checked out at a time.
― Dr. Seuss

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 19, 2010 9:43 am

MadEye wrote:Most of the time, when CMs go on break, they go backstage to eat. No guests will see them eating there but they might spot a CM or two walking around the parks with a styrofoam box with food in it every now and then. And no, CMs do not have to turn in their costumes in at the end of the day. Full time CMs can have up to 5 costumes checked out at a time (which is helpful if you work at multiple locations) and part time can have up to 3 costumes checked out at a time.
Wow, that's a change! I knew some CM's in college when I went to UF and they told me the policy they had back then was that all costumes had to be turned back in at the end of day. They said Disney was fanatical about our costumes being perfectly cleaned before their next use.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Oct Tue 19, 2010 7:13 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:Most of the time, when CMs go on break, they go backstage to eat. No guests will see them eating there but they might spot a CM or two walking around the parks with a styrofoam box with food in it every now and then. And no, CMs do not have to turn in their costumes in at the end of the day. Full time CMs can have up to 5 costumes checked out at a time (which is helpful if you work at multiple locations) and part time can have up to 3 costumes checked out at a time.
Wow, that's a change! I knew some CM's in college when I went to UF and they told me the policy they had back then was that all costumes had to be turned back in at the end of day. They said Disney was fanatical about our costumes being perfectly cleaned before their next use.
Couldn't tell you when it changed, just that the way I described was the way it was when I started in 05.
― Dr. Seuss

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 19, 2010 11:31 pm

MadEye wrote:Couldn't tell you when it changed, just that the way I described was the way it was when I started in 05.
I havet to admit that was before 05. Quite a bit. :roll: :wink:

trekty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by trekty » Oct Fri 22, 2010 10:23 am

When you hear the doorbell at work and start humming "Yo Ho Yo Ho" (and only one note of the doorbell chime even sounds like the song!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 11, 2010 8:22 am

When you use your new chapstick, flavored mandarin orange, and think of Horizons...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Thu 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Amy wrote:When you use your new chapstick, flavored mandarin orange, and think of Horizons...
...or Soarin'... :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 13, 2010 7:27 pm

When every time one of your students sings "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked, you automatically put in the lyric "crown" instead of "pearl" in the line..."I wasn't born for the rose and pearl" :lol: