Best Decorations for Christmas

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

jenndisney
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Best Decorations for Christmas

Post by jenndisney » Aug Sun 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Which resort do you think has the best Christmas decorations?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 24, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm always biased towards the Poly, they have a tree in the concierge area as well as the lobby.

But, the Grand Floridian tree is pretty fantastic!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Mon 25, 2008 1:01 am

Ft. Wilderness is kinda pretty, with the trim all around the buildings. And alot of people camping there bring all kinds of decorations to dress up their sites/cabins. kinda cool, and almost like mini Osborne Lights displays...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Aug Mon 25, 2008 8:01 am

I agree with the previous responses. Fort Wilderness if you like a rustic themed Christmas. GF is beautiful! It is a must see at Christmas. The BC is also very nicely decorated. My favorite is the Wilderness Lodge for the overall atmosphere at Christmas. We have always enjoyed hotel hopping just to see the different styles of Christmas decorations.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Mon 25, 2008 8:39 am

I don't think you can narrow it down to the "best," they are all different in their own way. Some are better than others, yes, but there isn't a best. Some of the less imaginative ones I have seen are the value resorts and OKW. The rest though are just so unique it is like comparing apples and mistletoe.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Aug Wed 27, 2008 6:37 pm

agingerbugg wrote:I don't think you can narrow it down to the "best," they are all different in their own way. Some are better than others, yes, but there isn't a best. Some of the less imaginative ones I have seen are the value resorts and OKW. The rest though are just so unique it is like comparing apples and mistletoe.

Well said! But as far as the ones that really stand out to me I will agree that the Grand Floridian is pretty impressive especially with that Gingerbread house! And Fort Wilderness Lodge is also amazing.

"We keep moving forward-opening up new doors and doing new things-because we're curious."
---Walter Elias Disney

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Aug Wed 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Certain people at Fort Wilderness, who are there for large periods of the time for extended (multiple months) vacations usually decorate pretty well even when it ISN'T Christmas. It gets REALLY amazing come late November.
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

kbken

Post by kbken » Aug Thu 28, 2008 7:47 pm

The Grand Floridian has not only a beautiful tree and many other fantastic decorations but they also have the Giant Gingerbread House. The Yacht and
Beach Clubs along with the Boardwalk Inn also have some beautiful and imaginative decorations. Oh yes!!- don't forget the Wilderness Lodge!!

Ken

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Aug Thu 28, 2008 8:35 pm

IMFearless wrote:Certain people at Fort Wilderness, who are there for large periods of the time for extended (multiple months) vacations usually decorate pretty well even when it ISN'T Christmas. It gets REALLY amazing come late November.
I saw this as part of a special on the Travel Channel. For anyone who has seen this, is it worth taking time out to visit it?
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

js3901

Post by js3901 » Aug Fri 29, 2008 12:41 pm

spodie wrote:
IMFearless wrote:Certain people at Fort Wilderness, who are there for large periods of the time for extended (multiple months) vacations usually decorate pretty well even when it ISN'T Christmas. It gets REALLY amazing come late November.
I saw this as part of a special on the Travel Channel. For anyone who has seen this, is it worth taking time out to visit it?
depends on how much you like looking at peoples christmas displays, really. our family loves driving around town to see displays that people put up, so we would love to drive around Ft. Wilderness.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Mon 01, 2008 7:06 am

My favorites are Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Grand Floridian, where we are staying this Christmas. BWI is also really pretty!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Nicc513

Post by Nicc513 » Sep Sat 06, 2008 7:22 pm

Everything!! Everything is just so decked out and full of the spirit of the season. Having only gone at Christmastime - and for every Christmas of my life until I graduated college - I had such a hard time adjusting to "real life" Christmas. I kept expecting every street and every house to be decorated, it was such a letdown. :cry:

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Sep Sat 06, 2008 7:24 pm

I agree. The entire resort is done up so well. Not just the hotels.