Favorite Hotel

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Oct Fri 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Over the years, I have stayed at the Contemporary and Polynesian (multiple times each) and once each at the Grand Floridian (on my honeymoon) and the Port Orleans Riverside. My favorite, hands-down, was the Grand Floridian. It is absolutely lovely and the pool is awesome.

moirymoe
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by moirymoe » Oct Fri 03, 2008 6:04 pm

pyro - i stayed at dixie landings too! and i agree completely - Caribbean beach was gorgeous and by far my favorite. while i've never stayed at the contemporary, i've never been impressed going through there. i would love to stay once at the polynesian, though, just because it seems so lovely. but of all the resorts i've actually stayed at thus far, Caribbean beach is my favorite. it was so tranquil and peaceful, and their restaurant, shutters, was where we had one of the best dining experiences on resort (and that includes the higher-end restaurants!)

kschn3671
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Disney Hotel

Post by kschn3671 » Oct Mon 06, 2008 5:30 pm

I like the Grand Floridian. It is so plush and nice

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Oct Wed 08, 2008 3:21 pm

I just stayed at the Polynesian Hotel September 21 - 27, 2008 but i love the Grand Floridian personally.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Mon 13, 2008 12:51 am

Since it is my home resort , I have grown very fond of the Boardwalk, and I just love having EPCOTas my backyard :figment:

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » Oct Mon 13, 2008 10:12 pm

We have stayed at the Contemporary (first visit in 1985), Port Orleans French quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, and Polynesian. When my DW and I go, just the two of us, the POR is the best choice for us. The moderate price, nice rooms, spacious grounds, and the boat ride to DTD, and the food court are the selling points for us. But when the whole family goes, (me-the grandpa, grandma, two daughters and sons-in-law, and two granddaughters,) we stay at the Poly, concierge. It is the vacation of a lifetime! The quiet surroundings, pool(s), restaurants, and access to the monorail are good for starters, but the STAFF really makes it for us. Of course, the cost is much higher. But, it is worth it for a once every three or four year occasion. The first time was in 2006 and we are making plans for 2009. If providence lets me live long enough, I will do it again as soon as I can.

purple figment

Post by purple figment » Oct Tue 14, 2008 1:38 pm

I have stayed at the Poly, Contemporary, POR, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge.
You can't beat the Contemporary for convenience. You can even walk to the Magic Kingdom!
The Poly is very romantic, and was where I spent my honeymoon.
Animal Kingdom Lodge is cool, with animals and very incredible decor. The main drawback is the time it takes to get ANYwhere--even Animal Kingdom!
Wilderness Lodge also has cool decor, but most of the action is closer.

I would have to day my favorites are the Poly and Wilderness Lodge.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Tue 14, 2008 1:59 pm

I have to agree with IMFearless. Though it isn't technically a "Hotel" in the normal sense, I have a special place in my heart for FT. Wilderness Campgrounds. though you feel like you're out in the wild (and you kind of are), you still feel connected to the magic. and it's a nice, relaxing boat ride to the MK. though, you do have to pass the rotting hulk that used to be river country, and you pass by the old Discovery Island which gets to be a bit depressing...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

wdwannabe

Post by wdwannabe » Oct Tue 14, 2008 2:05 pm

I have only stayed at POP Century. Yes, it is small (it was only three of us) so it was fine. Sleep and shower...it was great for that. I also got pref rooms, it was worth it we were right next to the main building and very close to the bus stops, great for those days we were so tired from walking all day, short trip to the room! It was very clean and had a great mousekeeper!

One day I would love to stay at AKL, Wilderness Lodge and the Poly.... a girls gotta dream!
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

KAJUNKING

Post by KAJUNKING » Oct Tue 14, 2008 6:23 pm

so far weve only stayed at as movies, as sports, pop, and po riverside, pop is our favorite value but it just doesnt compare to port orleans, its the best so far
Jimmy
Co-host The Disney Nerds Podcast

www.thedisneynerds.com

adwayinc
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by adwayinc » Oct Wed 15, 2008 11:18 am

Boardwalk is the one my DH and I like the best because of the closeness to EPCOT
We do not like WLV but love Cabins there. CSR and SS are way to big. OKW is nice and cozy but a lot of bus stops. POFQ and POR are wonderful moderates ( Our favorite mods) but since we became DVC members our home is SS but love the BWV!
There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

sallyporsche

Post by sallyporsche » Oct Mon 20, 2008 7:43 am

Port Orleans Riverside!! I really love the whole resort. The atmosphere there is wonderful and the landscaping is gorgeous!! I've stayed at Contemporary, FW cabins, CBR, Pop, ASMo, and Riverside (so far). Our whole family votes for Riverside!! :mickey:

hunter88

Post by hunter88 » Oct Wed 29, 2008 9:31 pm

My favorite has to be the Yacht Club because of how close it is to Epcot and the pool on how big it is it is like a water park for the two hotels and you don't need to go to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon when you stay there just come back to the hotel and swim in Stormalong Bay
"Let us not forget one thing that it was all started by a mouse"
Walt Disney

ff19dfd

favorite resort

Post by ff19dfd » Nov Sat 01, 2008 8:08 pm

There are so many great resorts at Walt Disney World, it is so hard to choose my favorite! I would have to choose the Wilderness Lodge

natatomic
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by natatomic » Nov Mon 03, 2008 11:14 am

I've only ever stayed at the Pop Century and Wilderness Lodge (WL is my favorite of the two), but I think the Boardwalk is my favorite overall. I just love walking around outside, seeing SSE from afar, seeing France just over the bridge... It's all so wonderful!
http://natatomic.blogspot.com