Tired of princesses?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Tired of princesses?

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Thu 31, 2008 12:21 pm

If you, like the majority of us, are tired of being slapped in the face by princesses and little girls (whose parents spent way too much money at the bibbidi-bobbity-boutique) then prepare to cringe when you read this...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business ... 0293.story

Yes, that's right a whole land devoted to faries. I know it has been expressed on here many, many times, but what were they thinking? Whatever happened to the classics. Have they forgotten the Fabulous Five? No, wait, they haven't been forgotten they have been relegated to entertaining toddlers so their mothers can have some time to themselves. This really is too demeaning for Mickey and pals. Shame on Disney for banishing Mickey to Clubhouse Disney where he condescends to two-year olds. He should be raised up and praised, after all "it all started with a mouse."
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Thu 31, 2008 12:40 pm

I think enough is enough! What did happen to the Fabulous Five? My DH and I were just talking about that the other day. I thought the Bibbidi-Bobbity-Boutique was cute at first, but it should end there! Faries don't need an entire land!

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jul Thu 31, 2008 1:16 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Disney supposed to be geared around kids? There are 4 major parks and probably over 25 themed "lands" in total and from my memory only 1 is geared more towards girls than boys, and that is Fantasyland of course where yes, bibbidi is located. I think people can handle the princess and fairy thing for just 4% of the space devoted.

I absolutely agree that they need to bring the Fab Five back more and was really happy about the Clubhouse show on Playhouse Disney, to me it was a good thing they brought them back in any aspect. The popularity led to the revamped Playhouse Disney Live in DHS so it's not going unnoticed.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Thu 31, 2008 1:19 pm

I finished the first paragraph and had to stop. That last sentence of the first paragraph is sickening enough.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Disney supposed to be geared around kids?
Disney is where families can go to have fun together. :)

edit: :lol: haha left out the word "fun"
Last edited by Cheshire Cat on Jul Thu 31, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jul Thu 31, 2008 1:30 pm

I think Disney knows what its doing with the princess and fairy theme. You might want to try Universal if you don't agree and are "tired of the princesses"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Thu 31, 2008 2:25 pm

99Soulz wrote:I think Disney knows what its doing with the princess and fairy theme. You might want to try Universal if you don't agree and are "tired of the princesses"
The fairy and princess propoganda is all a remanant from Eisner's bastardization of Walt's dream. Like Cheshire cat said
Disney is where families can go to have [fun] together.
It isn't a question of what is girl themed or boy themed. I would like Disney to return to the good old days. Let Universal bring the movies to life. It was Walt Disney himself who said,
Disneyland is not just another amusement park. It's unique, and I want it kept that way. Besides, you don't work for a dollar - you work to create and have fun.
This is the way it should be with all of the Disney parks. It really isn't the theme that steams me, it is the comercialization of it all. Disney is selling its soul for the almighty dollar.
Last edited by agingerbugg on Jul Thu 31, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Thu 31, 2008 2:28 pm

agingerbugg, I know that was a quote by Walt :lol: I was using it as a response to 99soulz.

edit: oh sorry... I read the post wrong... I didn't realize you were doing the same thing! :lol:
Last edited by Cheshire Cat on Aug Wed 13, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Jul Thu 31, 2008 5:00 pm

Yeah, it's kind of overkill, but I guess I will just say away from that part. It's not like they're going to replace Frontierland with it...
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Jul Thu 31, 2008 7:07 pm

I'm not too afraid of a tinkerbell land. This whole fairies thing has been a disaster from the get go. The movie is apparently so bad they didn't want to release it Direct to Video (it was originally scheduled for Oct 2007, i believe.) Rumors are that Disney ended up paying off some the companies that signed up to do tie-ins with the film.

I heard the origin of this whole "fairies" thing was due to Barbie coming out with a Princess version. Uptil then there was a truce between Disney and Matel. Barbie's thing was fashion, and Disney had the Princess.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

cordray2643
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by cordray2643 » Jul Thu 31, 2008 7:22 pm

What is the big deal? My daughter is 3 and loves the princesses and Tinkerbell. She wans to see them and spend time with them and anything they have to do with at Disney World. As for the fun for the entire family...seeing the way my daughter looks at the princesses and Tinkerbell, there is nothing that makes me happier or makes me have more fun that watching her experience all that Disney has to offer.

Note that the Fab 5 are very predominant at Disney World. We get to spend more time with those characters than any other (especially Pluto). I love Disney reinvention of the stories that it was built on through new characters in it's movies, I would not change a thing, well except the closing times at DLR!
Character Meals: 14 and counting

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » Aug Fri 01, 2008 8:52 am

ok guys, they have been trying out performers for fairies since last october, and from what i have heard the efforts have stalled about 4 different times to get this done. my girlfriend auditioned, and she made it to costume stage , and apparently noone from that audition ever got called back. i knew several other ppl who autioned and made it to late stages. personally, i think faires in the parks are stupid, (tinkerbell should NOT talk). have you seen the clips of the movie, it looks horrible. anyways, from what i heard they were planning on converting one of the princess rooms in toontown to a fairy room, where oversized objects make it appear as if you and the fairies are really tiny. and then tinkerbell talks and i get mad. :x . this is what i have heard from other cast members, i hadnt heard of anything as far as a ride, there is no room in the only land it would fit, fantasyland, as i have heard the ariel may be getting the space previously occupied by 20k leagues. i think they should can the whole thing, if a movie is not good enough for theatrical release, then the movie and its characters are not good enough to be prominently displayed in the parks. sorry for the rant.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Aug Fri 01, 2008 9:32 am

ckc0915 wrote: o if a movie is not good enough for theatrical release, then the movie and its characters are not good enough to be prominently displayed in the parks. sorry for the rant.
That's a very good point.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Aug Fri 01, 2008 9:34 am

tinkerbell should NOT talk
she's going to talk? :|
has Disney lost all intelligence?

ckc0915

Post by ckc0915 » Aug Fri 01, 2008 9:45 am

all fairies in the auditions had to deliver a speaking line to see if they liked their voice, tinkerbell included. and she does speak in the movie
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

annag
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by annag » Aug Fri 01, 2008 9:57 am

There is nothing in that article saying that the fairies are going to have an entire land dedicated to them. Like ckc0915 said, and from what i have heard too is that there is going to be one room dedicated in toontown in the judge's tent for fairies. So I dont think its necessary to get all worked up, b/c in my opinion I am not sure if its even going to happen. :? But who knows. I did try out for the faries in October of 2007 and have never heard back from them after making it through the final stage of auditions. :( This whole movie is probably someone's pet project who has connections in high places....look at Beverly Hills Chihuaha! :evil: Its all about money in the end and how they can capatilize on something.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10750;443/st/20080814/e/Summer+%2708+in+WDW/dt/-1/k/c168/event.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10714;112/st/20081231/e/our+holiday+WDW+trip%21%21/dt/-1/k/2775/event.png[/img]