A New Water Park
2%
A New Hotel
7%
A New Shopping/Dinning Area
No votes
A New Golf Course
No votes
Something completely different (i.e. DisneyQuest, WWofS))
2%
Nothing, just upgrade what is already there!
68%

Total votes: 57

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

What should they do next at WDW?

Post by Chernabog » Jul Tue 15, 2008 11:14 am

If it was your decision, what would be the next major project you would do at WDW?

netslave
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by netslave » Jul Tue 15, 2008 11:20 am

Time for something awesome. New Theme Park. I'm sure the imagineers can think of something.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/potc.gif[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/spaceship-earth2.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/star-tours.gif[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/dinosaur.gif[/img]

mwehttam
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mwehttam » Jul Tue 15, 2008 11:22 am

I vote for work on whats already there. One example is a major refurb of Space on par with the one in DL.
Another is get rid of the dinning plan to improve the quality and choice of food.
"We want cake! Where's our cake!"

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Jul Tue 15, 2008 12:45 pm

mwehttam wrote: Another is get rid of the dinning plan to improve the quality and choice of food.
Amen! We usually mainly do counter service meals when we go, so by the second day of basically choosing from cheeseburgers or chicken fingers wears thin. I'd love to see more counter-service options. And I'm sure the people who love the table-service meals would love to maybe get a little more for their money.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

Lori60
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Lori60 » Jul Tue 15, 2008 1:31 pm

I think they should bring a Disney Broadway show to WDW. Have a special theater somewhere in Downtown Disney. Then rotate the Disney shows to the theater. Like Lion King for 6 months , then Mary Poppins for 6 months and so on. I don't believe it would change the attendance up in New York, but it could bolster attendence to wdw.

mwehttam

Post by mwehttam » Jul Tue 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Lori60 wrote:I think they should bring a Disney Broadway show to WDW. Have a special theater somewhere in Downtown Disney. Then rotate the Disney shows to the theater. Like Lion King for 6 months , then Mary Poppins for 6 months and so on. I don't believe it would change the attendance up in New York, but it could bolster attendence to wdw.
Since there are always rumors that Cirque will close that might be a very good possibility if that ever happens.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Tue 15, 2008 1:51 pm

I say to build a new theme park, something geared more to a more mature audience? Say a park dedicated entirely to thrill rides. I would love that. I know it won't happed, too narrow of a target audience, but still it would be great.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

ghostelias
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ghostelias » Jul Tue 15, 2008 2:00 pm

I say upgrade as much as they can it would be cool if they extended Pirates so it was as long as Disneyland's version.

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Jul Tue 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Upgrade what they already have. All 4 parks have plenty of extra room for more additions.

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Jul Tue 15, 2008 2:55 pm

ghostelias wrote:I say upgrade as much as they can it would be cool if they extended Pirates so it was as long as Disneyland's version.
I did not know there was a difference! Hhhmmm, new discussion topic!

mwehttam

Post by mwehttam » Jul Tue 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Chernabog wrote:
ghostelias wrote:I say upgrade as much as they can it would be cool if they extended Pirates so it was as long as Disneyland's version.
The DL version has about a 5-10 minute bayou beginning as you move around the Blue Bayou restaurant ala the Mexico ride. A nice ride to slowly get you immersed as well as under the berm. :D
Last edited by mwehttam on Jul Tue 15, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Jul Tue 15, 2008 3:00 pm

mwehttam wrote:
Chernabog wrote:
The DL version has about a 5-10 minute bayou begning as you move around the Blue Bayou restaurant ala the Mexico ride. A nice ride to slowly get you immersed as well as under the berm. :D
Thanks for the explanation! Sounds cool.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 15, 2008 3:07 pm

I would say develop some more land and make it grow. A lot of people don't understand that stuff inside the parks changes frequently and feel that there has been nothing new in the past ten years. I would say a fifth theme park would be a great idea. It would offer the ability to build more hotels, restaurants, and attract more people.

I like the idea of the more mature audience. Something with thrill rides sounds like fun.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

DDDoherty
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by DDDoherty » Jul Tue 15, 2008 3:59 pm

We are always disappointed that the Atlantic Dance Hall (Boardwalk) is not open for dancing during mid-summer and that when it supposedly is an open dance hall, it is modern... THIS SUMMER IT IS OPEN WE JUST DISCOVERED The atmosphere is turn of the century through WWII at the Beach & Yacht Club and Boardwalk Resorts. We would like to see the dance hall include music and dance lessons from that time period!
Last edited by DDDoherty on Jul Wed 30, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
July In WDW At a DVC Resort

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jul Tue 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Hollywood studios needs more rides. I think they need a children's area with many smaller rides. this would really help to thin some of the lines. The lines at this park are out of hand. Even with fast pass there is nothing to do while waiting for your fast pass to come up, unless you want to stand on a 2 hour line