A New Water Park
2%
A New Hotel
7%
A New Shopping/Dinning Area
No votes
A New Golf Course
No votes
Something completely different (i.e. DisneyQuest, WWofS))
2%
Nothing, just upgrade what is already there!
68%

Total votes: 57

MagicKingdom Fairy89
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MagicKingdom Fairy89 » Sep Mon 22, 2008 4:02 pm

Chernabog wrote:There seems to be a lot of hatred for MILF on various posts. I saw it once and enjoyed it. Can it really be that bad the second time?
I saw it the once as well and did really enjoyed it, however I think if I was to have seen it a 2nd time on my holiday then it probably wouldnt have been so great.

I do agree with js3901 that it doesnt really belong in tomorrowland, it does seem a little bit odd.
'Just Believe and Your Dreams Will Come True' - Disney Dreams come True Parade

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Sep Mon 29, 2008 3:13 pm

I agree Tomorrowland is not the correct fit, but if they wanted it in the MK, where else would you have put it? Definitely not FL, AL, LS, or Toon Town. And it does not really fit the fairy tale mode. So unless you want it on Main St., it was probably the best place, in the MK that is. And I think everyone would agree TL does need some help, while MILF may not be it, it does need it.

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Sep Mon 29, 2008 8:48 pm

It would be nice to have a place to relive some of the old Disney attractions. Classic Disney never gets outdated! I love classic Disney! Main Street USA and Liberty Square are 2 of my favorite places in the parks to sit and enjoy taking in the sights and sounds of the Magic Kingdom! History and values are what made Disney so great! I don't enjoy the new twists that are put on old rides and attractions.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Sep Mon 29, 2008 9:08 pm

jiminycricket wrote:It would be nice to have a place to relive some of the old Disney attractions. Classic Disney never gets outdated! I love classic Disney! Main Street USA and Liberty Square are 2 of my favorite places in the parks to sit and enjoy taking in the sights and sounds of the Magic Kingdom! History and values are what made Disney so great! I don't enjoy the new twists that are put on old rides and attractions.
Do you mean recreate the old rides in a different location or just create a walking tour type attraction remembering the old attractions like EPCOT did for its 25th?
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Sep Tue 30, 2008 6:51 am

Lori60 wrote:I think they should bring a Disney Broadway show to WDW. Have a special theater somewhere in Downtown Disney. Then rotate the Disney shows to the theater. Like Lion King for 6 months , then Mary Poppins for 6 months and so on. I don't believe it would change the attendance up in New York, but it could bolster attendence to wdw.
I like that idea!

moirymoe
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by moirymoe » Oct Sun 05, 2008 1:02 pm

i loved disneyquest when there was one in chicago. i found it to be very innovated and creative, and it's not the huge investment a new park or hotel would possibly be.

i also think, esp with the changes to pleasure island, that they've neglected the 'bigger kids' of disneyworld. i really think they need to design something for us, a place for us to have that disney magic without having all the kidlings underfoot. it doesn't have to be as big as a full park - take the idea of a large facility like DQ and make that into an adult get-away. dance party on one floor, something like the adventurer's club on a second, a comedy show on the third, a lounging game room on the fourth...

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Oct Tue 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Nothing, just upgrade what is already there! They have enough to worry about, without thinking about expanding.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Wed 08, 2008 5:32 pm

I have a fear that they are going to build out the property until there is only a small band of trees separating everything. I like the miles of wilderness between things. For example, I was driving around the World last month and had never been to Old Key West. So I drove through there and then around back to Saratoga Springs. I was surprised at how close together they were.

On the other hand when done properly things can work well together (e.g. Epcot/Epcot Resorts/Swan & Dolphin/DHS).
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Mon 13, 2008 12:21 am

I chose to take care of what is already there. Although, I would love to see the Indiana Jones RIDE come to WDW. At one time I thought I heard it was, but I guess that was just a rumor.

pixiesparkles

Post by pixiesparkles » Oct Mon 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Each park can enjoy a refurb of some sort or an addition of a new attraction/ride. I agree that Hollywood Studios needs more rides to help thin the lines of the current ones. EPCOT could benefit from a new country, for example. There is plenty of room at AK for some more places to eat. And MK already has some refurbs lined up. A new park would be awesome, but given the state of the economy right now, I doubt Disney would want to start on that kind of capital expansion....and do we really want to spend more money than we do when we visit right now? A new theme park would really increase the prices.

wdwstevenb

Improve the Infrastructure

Post by wdwstevenb » Oct Tue 14, 2008 9:22 am

We have all come to enjoy the "more that changes, the more stays the same" idea that Disney does. I think some improvements to parking, and internal transportation will make it a truly self-contained destination.

Central Parking
More Monorail lines with a new HUB.
live, on-demand information at the guest's fingertips.

We actually saw this earlier this year with:
An interactive map that is housed in the Nintendo DS!

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/01/22/taki ... -ds-guide/

KAJUNKING
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by KAJUNKING » Oct Tue 14, 2008 6:28 pm

they need to pay some attention to ak before they think of any new parks, they need to make it a full day park
Jimmy
Co-host The Disney Nerds Podcast

www.thedisneynerds.com

adwayinc
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

I vote for thrill rides...

Post by adwayinc » Oct Fri 17, 2008 2:03 pm

agingerbugg wrote:I say to build a new theme park, something geared more to a more mature audience? Say a park dedicated entirely to thrill rides. I would love that. I know it won't happed, too narrow of a target audience, but still it would be great.
because I don't ride them... then all the teenagers and mature audience can go over there and leave me (old people and youngsters) to the rest of WDW.... one could only dream!
There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

Future Guy

Post by Future Guy » Oct Wed 22, 2008 11:10 am

Upgrade what's already there, starting with Journey Into Imagination. Restore the ride's original length and theme, and put Dreamfinder back. Move the ImageWorks back upstairs.

Do something with the Wonders of Life pavilion. Keep it as a Life and Health pavilion, or install something new (an updated version of Horizons, ideally).

Give us a new, non-European country in the World Showcase (India would be a nice addition).

I hear that Hollywood Studios needs some serious help and I'm inclined to agree, since I didn't feel compelled to visit on my last trip.

I like Animal Kingdom, but it does feel a little empty. Still, I don't want them putting more stuff in there if it means getting rid of huge chunks of that magnificent greenery that makes it the shadiest park in the World.

I agree with the folks who say that there needs to be more variety in the dining. It's kind of ironic that you have more choices at Red Lobster than you do at the Coral Reef. Also, if there could be some counter service restaurants that serve subs or some kind of healthier sandwiches, that would be good.

zdog
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by zdog » Oct Wed 22, 2008 5:02 pm

Upgrade, with a good deal of attention to Animal Kingdom. There just doesn't seem like enough to do there.