55%
Wishes
45%

Total votes: 83

Mouseketeer
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Mouseketeer » Jul Thu 31, 2008 1:12 pm

Although Wishes is special for my wife and I as we were engaged during this show, I voted for Illuminations. Like many others, I think both are great, but after witnessing Illuminations one 4th of July when each country lit up with an excerpt of their national anthem playing, it has had a lasting impression on me. Now it is a must for us to make reservations at Rose & Crown one night during each visit requesting a table in the outdoor area as we find this the best place to witness this nighttime spectacular......:mickey3:

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Thu 31, 2008 1:15 pm

but after witnessing Illuminations one 4th of July when each country lit up with an excerpt of their national anthem playing
They still do this!? :shock: :D
That was my favorite part of the original IllumiNations! (Although I don't think they were anthems, just music from the country)

Although the new show is far more superior I wished that had kept a little of this segment during the "Order" act. Now the countries all light up at once (or in two beats at least :lol: )

Mouseketeer

Post by Mouseketeer » Jul Thu 31, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm not sure if they still do this or not as my family has not been on Independence Day in quite some time. You could be right about the music as I am going back to the late eighties with my memory. :mrgreen:

I couldn't agree with you more about keeping the "Order." I love the new show as well, but do miss some aspects of what has been done in the past.

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Aug Sun 03, 2008 10:22 am

I really like illuminations, except for when the globe is comming out. That part to me is boring... so I choose wishes over illuminations.
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

mickster68
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Illuminations V. Wishes

Post by mickster68 » Aug Thu 07, 2008 11:03 am

Absolutely Illuminations for me! Gives me goosebumps every time!
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Aug Thu 07, 2008 4:46 pm

No contest for me; its Wishes. No better way to end the day is in MK with fireworks and the Castle in the background.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Aug Fri 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Wishes & Illuminations make me both cry. I guess I would say Wishes makes me feel like a kid again while Illuminations just gets me more emotional about other things (the music is just so wonderful) that it brings tears to my eyes and a smile on my face.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 09, 2008 1:18 am

packwingfn wrote:Wishes & Illuminations make me both cry. I guess I would say Wishes makes me feel like a kid again while Illuminations just gets me more emotional about other things (the music is just so wonderful) that it brings tears to my eyes and a smile on my face.
I have to agree with you on that. I personally enjoy Illuminations more for the music. I really like to walk around the World Showcase when the soundtrack is playing since it is great music to get you into some really pleasant thoughts.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Aug Tue 12, 2008 1:27 am

WOW my vote made it 50/50 % at this time. I think thats really cool, 'cause it is a really hard choice to make. But, I did choose Illuminations 'cause the music to Wishes isn't as great.

briar_rose_59
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by briar_rose_59 » Aug Sun 24, 2008 2:01 pm

I think I love both equally. They're totally different experiences to me, so I can't really personally choose one over the other.
Briar Rose
:wave:

Disney Princess
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Disney Princess » Sep Wed 24, 2008 3:10 pm

I love wishes, the fireworks lighting up the castle just makes it for me. I did love Illuminations this year as we were there on 4th July with each of the countries lighting up but when it comes down to it the one I could watch everyday is Wishes.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Wed 24, 2008 5:37 pm

I liked the original IllumiNations best, when they spotlit each country with their native music.

Watching the current incarnation earlier this month with the video globe out for refurbishment, I could not believe how short the show was. 11 minutes!!!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Sep Wed 24, 2008 6:03 pm

The video globe truly makes the show...and a lot of people hate it but since you can actually see the video screen now, it is one of the best parts.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

MagicKingdom Fairy89

Post by MagicKingdom Fairy89 » Sep Thu 25, 2008 3:38 am

I'd say wishes because its very much Disney to me. I think illuminations is fantastic but I do prefer wishes
'Just Believe and Your Dreams Will Come True' - Disney Dreams come True Parade

jenhen27
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenhen27 » Sep Thu 25, 2008 8:48 am

I prefer wishes. It's more magical to me and unless you get a good view of the globe a lot of illuminations is lost. I just don't think the fireworks part of illuminations is that fantastic. I'm not too much into the lasers either.