Liberty Tree Tavern Changing Jan. 2009

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Liberty Tree Tavern Changing Jan. 2009

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 01, 2008 3:34 pm

I was searching through the internet and found this: http://www.gopetition.com.au/petitions/ ... avern.html . It appears that Disney will be doing away with the character dining at Liberty Tree Tavern starting Jan. 2009. I am personally shocked by this since Liberty Tree was my second favorite character meal and turned into a ritual. It is one of the few places that my family and I always eat at every time we go.

Anyone else know about this?
(I think I fixed the link)
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Tue 01, 2008 9:01 pm

We always enjoyed the Tavern without the Characters...and even with the Characters. The menu is great! if they could do any changes...i'd like to see it grow. expand.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Jul Wed 02, 2008 5:56 am

This rumor has been floating around for a few weeks - I'm sorry to see it happen if true.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Jul Wed 02, 2008 7:05 am

I had heard the rumor (which has been floating around about other character meals as well), and am disappointed that it's looking like a reality. I will say it's pretty cheap of Disney to discontinue the character aspect and still charge the same. While I realize the cost of things is going up across the board, it still looks bad.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

CDAbleson
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by CDAbleson » Jul Wed 02, 2008 8:29 am

I think the LTT needs to get back to what it used to be, and that is a destination eatery......With the menu, theming, etc. it used to be considered a real treat to eat there....My kids are grown, so I can do without characcter dining at LTT......I am also a history nut, so all the better.

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Jul Wed 02, 2008 9:47 am

I guess I'm in the minority here, but my experiences at LTT have been horrible. The last time, the food was so horrible I didn't even make my girls eat their dinner. So, the fact that its losing the characters doesn't matter much to me. Like CDAbleson said, maybe it will go back to its roots and, in doing so, focus more on the quality of the food than the entertainment.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jul Wed 02, 2008 9:51 am

What a bummer, I've heard about this happening and not that happy about it. We love the feel and ambiance (although some people in our group dislikes the chioce of Stauffer's Mac and Cheese). Having the characters there was a bonus so the kids get to have that experiece too.

Will still be a great place to go in MK for a quiet meal and get recharged.

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Jul Wed 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Figures. I was supose to go in Dec for the 1st time but I could not get a preferred seating! Bum deal. I have heard only good things, w/the exception of Calypso. But if it imporves overall, that will be good too, obviously.

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Wed 02, 2008 3:19 pm

We absolutely love Liberty Tree. We eat there every trip. But, we eat there for lunch. The first time we did dinner was this past year when we had the DDP. It was cool, but it really isn't worth the difference in price from lunch to dinner for us.
Currently, it is planned to not change the menu or price for Dinner at Liberty Tree.
So, they are going to keep the family-style meal and price and the only difference is that they are dumping the characters? That's a little steep...$29 for the meal without characters. But, I guess it is fairly on par with the other WDW buffet and family-style restaurants' dinner prices.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Figment of Imagination

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jul Wed 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Just so long as they don't change the menu much, change could be good after all. The theme has not always been the best for character dining.

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Jul Wed 02, 2008 7:47 pm

The food is okay. I've not heard WHY they are doing this. But I've always thought it was a bad place for characters. The space is crowded as it is and there aren't enough table service places in the Magic Kingdom.

As for the table service places, there is Tony's (which I've always been disappointed with the food); Cindy's house (food okay [food use to be excllent], way too hard to book); LT (felt it was too crowded with characters) and Crystal Palace (which is the only place I feel everything is just about right.)

If I'm not mistaken aren't they also taking the characters out of the garden grill?

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 02, 2008 8:32 pm

jcodirewolf wrote:The food is okay. I've not heard WHY they are doing this. But I've always thought it was a bad place for characters. The space is crowded as it is and there aren't enough table service places in the Magic Kingdom.

As for the table service places, there is Tony's (which I've always been disappointed with the food); Cindy's house (food okay [food use to be excllent], way too hard to book); LT (felt it was too crowded with characters) and Crystal Palace (which is the only place I feel everything is just about right.)

If I'm not mistaken aren't they also taking the characters out of the garden grill?

johno
Wow, that is shocking. I thought Garden Grill was perfect with the characters. The food is really good and the characters are extremely personable there. Also, I believe it is the only character meal in the park.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Jul Wed 02, 2008 11:51 pm

ask the princess's in Norway. The character Breakfasts in the Magic Kingdom......um...where isn't there a character breakfast? Tony's.....

I know this will be a shocker...but i'm going to take a guess that they are closing the Liberty Tree Character Breakfast due to lack of attendance? room? etc. perhaps it is truly a good reason. same for the Land. We are eating at the land this September and my wife couldn't remember there being a restraunt in the Land other than the quick counter service. (she thought i was nuts making reservations for a counter service. laugh)
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Jul Thu 03, 2008 6:30 am

We have always enjoyed the LTT for lunch. As our kids have gotten older the character meals have become less important to us. We have always found the food to be average to above average and enjoy the calmer atmosphere than you find at most eating places at the MK. I have noticed small cost and quality cuts that have been made there over the past several years that have taken away from the overall experience. Such as, you used to receive a basket of hot yeast rolls with honey butter and apple butter with your meal. A while back when we did not receive them we asked and were told that they were "by request only". When we asked we got cold bread and butter. The next time we were there we asked and were told "they are not available at lunch anymore". I know this is a different subject but this is just 1 if countless examples of how the small things are being slowly taken away. For me it's the small things that make the Disney experience so special and unique. I hate to see that being taken away one small detail at a time.

Brian845

Post by Brian845 » Jul Thu 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Croaker wrote:ask the princess's in Norway. The character Breakfasts in the Magic Kingdom......um...where isn't there a character breakfast? Tony's..... )
We just ate at Tony's for the first time on our past trip. I never really noticed it before, although it's not exactly out of the way. They would have enough room for character dining, but it's hard to imagine how they could get the usual characters to fit in with the "Lady and the Tramp" theme.
Croaker wrote:I know this will be a shocker...but i'm going to take a guess that they are closing the Liberty Tree Character Breakfast due to lack of attendance? room? etc. perhaps it is truly a good reason. same for the Land. We are eating at the land this September and my wife couldn't remember there being a restraunt in the Land other than the quick counter service. (she thought i was nuts making reservations for a counter service. laugh)
Yep, the restaurant in the Land surprised me when I noticed it this last trip, although it makes sense. You can see it from the Land boat ride, it has a nice view of the rainforest scene. It reminded me a bit of the Rainforest Cafe because of this. We'll have to check out the dining options for our next trip.