Rant-N-Rave Magic Kingdom: Tomorrowland

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Rate the Overall Expierience of Tomorrowland

5 (Very Best, could spend hours here and Do!)
15%
4 (Love this part of the Park)
36%
3 (I enjoy it but its not my favorite)
24%
2 (it could use some help but i enjoy it)
18%
1 (I like one or maybe two things about this area but other than that its Boring)
6%
0 (I skip this section because it is a waste of time)
No votes

Total votes: 33

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Rant-N-Rave Magic Kingdom: Tomorrowland

Post by Croaker » May Fri 16, 2008 9:42 am

************ READ BEFORE YOU TAKE THE POLL ************

Recently there is a post about what attraction to remove from the Magic Kingdom. Lets narrow this down even further so we can vent our frustrations and/or applaud the Magic. make sure you keep this thread on track. there will be others to follow that will allow you to pick on areas outside of the focus...but for now keep it on task.

Disect Tomorrowland, think back to all of the trips you have taken Take it all in with all of your senses and give us your opinion (thus no one is wrong) on what is perfect with this land? What would you change? What needs improvement? What needs to be left alone? What have you seen or heard that makes this section of the park special. share, complain, etc.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » May Fri 16, 2008 9:56 am

It is missing something, and has too many things at the same time. While it has continued to improve (refurbished SM, which I have yet to ride, BLSRS & MILF), it needs to do something w/the cars and remove the COP and put in something new and awesome! Might want to give Stitch the boot and bring back the alien too!

Croaker

Post by Croaker » May Fri 16, 2008 10:23 am

I personally love the feeling i get when i walk into Tomorrowland. the smells the color! love it at night. I love the large stone ball that you can spin. simple and fun! love the TTA. even enjoy Astro Orbiter. While Stitch and Buzz fit...Monsters...before i say is out of place...where would you put it? (other than DHS?) Haven't been on COP in a long time...its usually closed when i go. (still think they need a park that houses all of the rides that are beyond their prime. ie, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Snow White, Its a small world etc...
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Fri 16, 2008 11:27 am

I love Tomorrowland! I love Space Mountain and the TTA. I loved Alien Encounter when it was there and the Timekeeper was cute. Astro Blasters is fun.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » May Fri 16, 2008 12:56 pm

SM is always enough to make me want to go to Tomorrowland, but this will always be one of my favorites as long as I keep beating my wife on Buzz. TTA and CoP are great attractions to rest in the afternoon when everyone else are in the longest lines of the day for the most popular attractions.

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » May Fri 16, 2008 1:41 pm

I enjoy Tomorrowland but I do believe that it needs to be updated. I think that Disney is not making the best decisions when it comes to their new attractions there. Stitch in Tomorrowland-Walt would have said no to the entire concept. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor?? -no, no, no! I think Disney and the Imagineers need to look at a park map..it says Tomorrowland. And I love CoP and never want it to go away!
Amy

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Fri 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Space Mountain and TTA are the only two things that I head to this portion of the park for. The rest seems to be "Flavor of the Month" attractions depending on what movie they are trying push at the time I am visiting.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Fri 16, 2008 2:05 pm

This one has literally plummeted from a 5 (or 4 at least) to a 1 in less time than it takes to say Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club.
The theming is great, now if only the rides inside the buildings matched the theme.

figment34786
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by figment34786 » May Fri 16, 2008 9:34 pm

I LOVE Tomorrowland! It's got Buzz, Space Mountain, the TTA, Carousel of Progress, and a great overall atmosphere!

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Sat 17, 2008 4:22 am

While the theme is a complete mess of blown possibilities, it still has the PeopleMover (with a lame theme), so I can't see giving it a 1.

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » May Sat 17, 2008 8:47 am

Buzz - Love it
TTA (People mover) - The best
COP - a bit dataed but still a great show.
Astro - Still cool
Space mountain - also still cool if a little tired.
Sonny Eclipse - The worst and oldest jokes in the universe :roll: still fun.
Atmosphere lightng and theming still make this a great area. Despite the efforts of monsters, stich and the speedway to drag it back.
This area still gets a 4.
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

spodie

Post by spodie » May Sat 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Definately not one of my favorites - I guess it's because I'm not really into that whole futuristic theme. COP and TTA are the only reasons why I even visit this part of the park. I am going to say this, and will probably by shunned for doing so, but I'm not really a fan of SM :shock:
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » May Sun 18, 2008 7:26 am

I haven't seen monster inc yet
I don't really like stitch that much.. tho I still go on it once a trip

Other then that, I love this area!
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

parkhopper26
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by parkhopper26 » May Sun 18, 2008 10:09 am

space mountain is the heart and soul of tomorrowland but the rest could use some work. i think disney took a step backwards when they got rid of alien encounter & i'm not a big fan of buzz. TTa & astro orbiter (although not fantastic rides) belong there for pure nostalgic reasons. Haven't seen monsters inc. but from what i've heard it doesn't sound like something for me.

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » May Sun 18, 2008 12:53 pm

tta and cop make this area a must. Not keen on monsters or stitch.

Speedway could do with some help, the queue is always huge even when we go in
feb.

My trip would not be complete without th dh beating me on buzz at least once :roll: .

Space Mountain I have ridden once and avoid :shock:

Overall for the area still remains a 4