What Magic Kingdom Attraction would you like to see Removed

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which is your top pick for Removal or Update?

Swiss Family Tree House
7%
Aladdin's Magic Carpet
7%
Jungle Cruise
1%
Tiki Room
4%
Country Bear Jamboree
8%
Hall of Presidents
3%
Peter Pan
No votes
Its A Small World
1%
The Carousel
No votes
Snow White
1%
Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
3%
Tea Cups
No votes
Story Time with Belle
5%
Autotopia
11%
Stitch's Great Escape
32%
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
10%
Carousel of Progress
1%
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
1%
Astro Orbiter
2%
Other
3%

Total votes: 154

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Jul Thu 10, 2008 3:40 am

IMFearless wrote:If you have an attraction where people actually begin BOOING, you know something's wrong. Yet, since Dubya was added, I generally heard boos throughout the audience. That's bad. As is, Disney is strongly considering not letting the new addition to the show have a speaking part. So this doesn't happen again.
They do that in the 'interim' when they're getting the new president made, right? (Er.. the new animatronic. There's a conspiracy theory for you ... Disney building the president :lol: ). I remember when ... I'm gonna guess ClintonAA was being built, they were back to letting Lincoln talk a lot more. I can't say as I think that's a bad idea, to keep it that way.
The last time I was there was 2005, so Monsters wasn't open yet. I'm surprised people here don't like it, I heard it was a good show.
We've bludgeoned this repeatedly in numerous threads, but on behalf of the 'haters', it's really the location of the attraction most people seem to have a beef with. I didn't hate the attraction itself (though I found the animation kinda sub-par in some parts). It's not really a bad idea; it's just in a bad place.
Captain Schnemo wrote:This could be great, if it were actually about the presidents.

They should hire Doris Kearns Goodwin and make the darn thing entertaining instead of a lecture about civil rights that most people already know, painted in such broad strokes as to make a really interesting topic pretty bland.
I have a version from.. 1971, so it claims ... on my iPod where you actually learn some things about presidents - principally Washington and Jackson. Okay, well, I learned some things. Maybe it's stuff that's covered in US middle schools. In any case, it's interesting how the show sort of morphed to become more PC over the years and more boring at the same time (though not really surprising, maybe).
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

snugglyevil
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snugglyevil » Jul Thu 10, 2008 9:46 am

I want Alien Encounter back! I dont care if it wasnt "kid oriented". There have always been attractions that werent specifically geared to little ones and aer still around. Disney big wigs just want to milk every penny out of every character they can. I can see doing somthing Stitch oriented but to ruin a great attraction was stupid. Just like replacing Mr. Toads with Winnie the Pooh. Bleh. Another stupid ride.

That being said.... 4 months till I spend Xmas in Disney!

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jul Thu 10, 2008 10:02 am

HakuOni wrote:i think milf should be changed into the ride at california adventure because there would be no waiting hours for a show and because rides are just more fun. :D
have a wonderful day everyone!
The biggest mistake they've made with both attractions themed around Monsters Inc. is that the movie had a RIDE IN IT that would have been absolutely amazing...everything based in the million door sequence. Instead, they decided to make the DL version a subpar, and sad to say it, boring, dark ride, and the WDW version a show. I'm not knocking the Laugh Floor...I actually enjoyed it a lot, but I agree with the folks that it's not right for Tomorrowland. It's as good as the audience makes it. I was there during a Pirate and Princess Party, and the whole crowd was in a good mood and loved it.

I voted for Autotopia, because it's just so big that you could easily fit a great attraction there, and the so-called cars of the future really...aren't.

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jul Thu 10, 2008 10:42 am

DisBeamer wrote:In any case, it's interesting how the show sort of morphed to become more PC over the years and more boring at the same time (though not really surprising, maybe).
Very strange, especially since it had always been pegged with the label "boring".

The choice to make the Hall of Presidents about something other than presidents was inexplicable enough, but then to actually make it less interesting just boggles the mind. The American Adventure shows that they certainly have the capacity to make this stuff really compelling.

And, I know I will probably take some heat for this, but regardless of what you think of Maya Angelou's work as a poet, I find her speaking voice to be a bit lacking.

I'd put the HoP up there with the Universe of Energy and the Tree of Life for the most potential squandered in a given attraction.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Thu 10, 2008 11:06 am

Captain Schnemo wrote: And, I know I will probably take some heat for this, but regardless of what you think of Maya Angelou's work as a poet, I find her speaking voice to be a bit lacking.
You should be glad to know that she doesn't narrate anymore. It is J.D. Hall, he has been doing it since 2001.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

earningmyfins
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

hmm.

Post by earningmyfins » Jul Fri 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Belle needs to go, It's hidden off in a corner and I hardly see anyone there during showtime. It's inbetween Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, so I'm not sure it should be there...
They should put something more exciting there.
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/k0mr2h.png[/img]

ghostelias

Post by ghostelias » Jul Tue 15, 2008 2:05 pm

Swiss Family Treehouse is completely pointless now. Even for new visitors.

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Oct Sun 12, 2008 7:36 pm

I like the character of Stitch and so do my kids. The attraction? It has to be one of the worst ones ever. I have a problem with stinky chili dog smells.

Son of Dreamfinder
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Son of Dreamfinder » Oct Sun 12, 2008 11:26 pm

I voted stitch. I never really liked most of the rides that were in that building. Would have voted pooh for my own personal vedetta about the bear taking some of the best spaces in fantasyland (aka mtwr & 20k). Also Buzz for if i had wings and also monsters for time keeper.

rodders

Post by rodders » Oct Mon 13, 2008 6:15 am

I voted for other because I love ALL of the MK attractions even Stitch. IMO it's in the right land and fits more with MK than AE ever did. It's interesting to hear people's opinions though.

Having said that, if possible, I would make the following tweaks:-

Tiki Room - I still like it but I would prefer that the old show be returned
Country Bear Jamboree - Needs some TLC
Peter Pan - 50 minute wait in September!!! We need two of these :lol:
Carousel of Progress - The ending feels so 1980's to me so bringing it up to date a little would be nice
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Oct Mon 13, 2008 7:07 am

Stitch. Never liked it when it was Alien Encounter either. A bit scary for the little ones. The darn bar came down on my shoulders so tight during my last (and final) ride of Stitch that it was actually pinching my shoulders painfully. :shock:
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

zdog
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by zdog » Oct Tue 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Stitch and Monsters Inc are just brutal. Tomorrowland could find a much better use for both of these spaces.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Oct Tue 14, 2008 10:14 pm

its a small world is what i voted for. im suprised that people voted for Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents :shock:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

adwayinc
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by adwayinc » Oct Thu 16, 2008 11:37 am

figment34786 wrote:Autotopia. Smelly, slow, long, lame. It's got it all! :D
I agree - I voted for Autotopia
There is always a long line - the attraction is huge - waste of space....
There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Fri 17, 2008 12:47 am

adwayinc wrote:
figment34786 wrote:Autotopia. Smelly, slow, long, lame. It's got it all! :D
I agree - I voted for Autotopia
There is always a long line - the attraction is huge - waste of space....
Yeah, but you can have a lot of fun with your family members if you take the rear car and "accidentally" tap their back bumper. I enjoy Autotopia a lot and I think it is great for kids as it lets them get the feeling of driving a car. I certainly have sooo many great memories from this attraction that I would really be saddened if WDW ever got rid of it. The best thing for this would be get some new vehicles that run on alternative fuel.

As for Stitch.... where to begin. We went on it in 2006 when it first opened and we made sure to skip it this past summer. I personally didn't see a reason to close Alien Encounter yet.

The Laugh Floor, I thought was a great show. It is something that you will probably end up doing once every trip since it has a very short wait and there is a possibility that you might laugh.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"