Best country for dining?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the best country to eat at in EPCOT?

Mexico
13%
Norway
2%
China
5%
Germany
7%
Italy
7%
America
2%
Japan
19%
Morocco
2%
France
7%
Great Britan
8%
Canada
28%

Total votes: 86

earningmyfins
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by earningmyfins » Jul Sat 12, 2008 5:47 pm

I love Japan only because you are being entertained the whole time.
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/k0mr2h.png[/img]

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jul Sat 12, 2008 6:12 pm

I'd have to say England if for nothing else than enjoying a Bass Ale with whatever I'm having for dinner. Japan is also very good.

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Sat 12, 2008 6:35 pm

So, how is the new Teppan Edo? I haven't been since it reopened. Is it pretty much just the same thing?
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sat 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Just got back and had an amazing meal in Le Cellier. I strongly recommend this restaurant and offer you the warning to book it 6 months in advance!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Oct Sun 12, 2008 7:27 pm

I always make a dinner or lunch reservation at Chefs de France my top dining priority whenever I plan my WDW trip. It is by far my favorite.

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Oct Sun 12, 2008 7:42 pm

i cant really pick! i voted japan but its hard for me :?
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

adwayinc
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by adwayinc » Oct Sun 12, 2008 9:26 pm

I vote for Italy - the food is fantastic... I think LeCellier is over rated o and #2 is Mexico- THe Cantina!
There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » Oct Sun 12, 2008 11:27 pm

I've only eaten at China and Germany and they are both quite excellent. I want to try Canada and the UK next. Mexico would be interesting too because I'd want to see how they prepare their food. Being from New Mexico, I'd be a great judge. Here we spell Chili, C-H-I-L-E!
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Oct Mon 13, 2008 6:19 am

We have only dined in America counter service. We have tried to get LeCellier but never seem to have any luck. Maybe next trip?

rodders

Post by rodders » Oct Mon 13, 2008 6:49 am

Whilst I love Mexico and we were thrilled with LeCellier I have to say that Biergarten and Summerfest are great so my vote went to Germany. I'm not going to vote for Rose and Crown though am I? :lol:
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

jacksparrow

Post by jacksparrow » Oct Mon 13, 2008 12:12 pm

You just can't beat the delicious filet mignon in Canada. It's one of the best I've ever tasted!!

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Oct Mon 13, 2008 2:36 pm

It looks like I'm the only one to vote for Norway. The food at Akershus is outstanding.

Of course, I can find something I love to eat in every country in WS. And honestly, our favorite meal is a box of popcorn and a couple of beers while watching Off Kilter in the Canada Pavilion.

But the best meal I've had in all of WDW was in the Norway Pavilion.

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Oct Mon 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Biergarten. By a fair amount....

Alfredo's used to be my choice, but I have no idea what Tutto Italia is like (haven't been since then), so I can't really say much there.

My family has done Japan a few times, I find it decent personally. The show is tops, but Japanese isn't 100% my thing. Odd, because I've always wanted to visit the country, myself.

The Chinese takeout (White Lotus?) is really really good, but I don't recall China having table service ... if they don't, they need to, I may change my mind about favorite.

Haven't tried any of the other restaurants.... We almost tried Mexico (name loses me) and Le Chefs on separate occasions, but for some reason we went for takeout fare both times instead. Of course, we've done desert at pretty much every one by now. Oh, and I'll point out that we've deliberately never done LeCellier, and probably never will. We live in Maine. Walt Disney World is a major treat that happened about once a year (and not since 2005). However, if we really wanted to eat in Canada, we only have to drive ... about three hours. And we take that trip semi-frequently anyways because we have family there. So LeCellier probably never will happen.

And just to throw out there, American Adventure really does need table service; however, for the life of me, I can't figure out what would go there! No really, what would we put there? We're enough of a melting pot that most of what we eat comes from other places anyways. O.o
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Mon 13, 2008 7:20 pm

let's see, I've eaten in the Liberty Inn (American Adventure), Alfredo's (Italy), and the Patisserie (France). I was grossly under-impressed with our meal in Italy. The waitstaff didn't even know what kind of bread was being served (it was ciabatta. I knew that before I even asked - I'm a classically trained pastry chef). France we just had a quick snack before the next showing of Impressions de France, and the patisserie is really only desserts/baked goods. and Liberty Inn is all counter service, fast food fare. now, I'm more of a burger/fries/pizza guy than anything. and though I'd like to try some of the other places (Akershus, LeCellier), but when I go, it's usually on a REALLY tight budget. one of these days, however, I WILL try them...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Oct Thu 16, 2008 1:49 pm

IMFearless wrote: And just to throw out there, American Adventure really does need table service; however, for the life of me, I can't figure out what would go there! No really, what would we put there? We're enough of a melting pot that most of what we eat comes from other places anyways. O.o
How about biscuits and gravy?

Or a Waffle House?