Kingdom Towers

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

drinkupmehardy
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by drinkupmehardy » Apr Wed 30, 2008 7:13 am

This will be awesome. I bet they sell out quick to DVC members due to the location...

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Apr Wed 30, 2008 8:24 am

I'm excited about the Kingdom Tower (I don't think it's Towers.)

At least not according to the Orlando Sentinel.
But in new filings with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Disney formally states that the Disney Vacation Club will "add a ninth component site to be known as Kingdom Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort."
I added the bold. Also I think there is already a Kingdom Towers in Dubai.

I know we are considering buying in. However, I don't think they will sell-out anytime soon. I think it will be like DAKV. They are building more space than there is "pent up" demand for, at this time. Also you have to remember this project started BEFORE the housing market got all upside down. I think that is going to slow sales, I can't see buying DVC if you are getting tight on your primary home. So the way I see it, it's classic they kept building boom into the bust, and now they have inventory stacking up (SSR, DAKV, GCV, KTV, and the Hawaii Project.) For the time being I think they are going to finish up what they have and put the the DVC into cruise control.

While I'm sure someone is going to point out the resale market is holding up (in the sense they haven't totally dropped though the floor), but prices do seem to be dropping to me. I'm seeing OKW going for ~$70ppt, and Vero and Hilton Head down to $60ppt.

One of the resale sites has someone selling DAKV (so less than a year into the contract, sales started Feb 07, Use Years started Sept 07) at $90ppt WITH NO POINTS used, they banked the 07 points into 08. So that means this person is losing something on the order of $6 per point at best. If they got the developer points (point matching for use not at DAKV, offered between Feb and Sept of 07 and had to be used by Sept 07 and could not be banked) then they paid $14ppt for those.

I suspect that had Disney not been supporting the resale price, since they have the Right of First Refusal (RoFR is if you want to sell points to me at $X, Disney can, and does, step in say we'll pay $X for the points and you HAVE to sell them back to Disney) the price have would drop even more. Since Disney Resorts use the inventory points as overflow they can afford to continue to support the price.

Sure in Europe and Asia right now the DVC looks awesome due to the exchange rate. But I doubt you can sell internationally enough to fill the tower. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I know there are people that own all over the world, 40 countries or something like that. But lets face it, I think most of the DVC owners are East Coast and mid-west US. Since I know I'm not even thinking about the Grand Californian DVC offering. I'll use my points for a stay out there, but I'm not looking to fly out to DL with any regularity.

So much for a quick little post.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Apr Wed 30, 2008 8:38 am

Just a quick note...

When I was in MK on Monday I noticed that you could see the tower from the park. I found this quite upsetting since the Contemporary is not visible. I know I am being picky, but seeing the tower from the park ruins the illusion of MK.

This made me slightly sad.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Apr Wed 30, 2008 10:31 am

The Contemporary has always been visible from tomorrowland. But it was felt that it looked modern enough to fit in. This is also why the Expo Hall is the only main street building to be built full sized, it blocks the view of the Contemporary from Main Street.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Apr Wed 30, 2008 11:02 am

Amazing that they didn't learn anything from the Swan and Dolphin. Well, they learned, but they don't care.

Come to think of it, I guess it's not all that amazing.
On the surface there is hunger and fear. Men still exercise unjust laws. They fight, tear one another to pieces. A mere few feet beneath the waves their reign ceases, their evil drowns. Here on the ocean floor is the only independence.

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Apr Wed 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Hearing that you can see it from the MK makes me sick!! Once again if a big enough $ can be placed on something they'll do it no matter what it looks like or how it effects the rest of the area . :evil:

briandancer
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by briandancer » May Thu 01, 2008 7:33 am

I love Contemporary for it's uniqueness. There is a common feel to all Disney Resorts (and we all love that feel), but it's nice to have a completely different option once in a while. It's going to be wonderful. And that sky bridge is going to be cool.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Thu 01, 2008 9:43 am

It gets to me that Disney seems to have a hard time lately coming up with original ideas. It's just sad :cry: !
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Sun 04, 2008 9:56 am

It fits w/ the Contemporary and the views will be fantastic. Not just of the MK but of much more.

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » May Sat 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Hearing that it's visible from the MK is disappointing but not surprising. I think the days of protecting the integrity of the surroundings for the guest (as Walt learned from the early days of Disneyland) are a thing of the past. This reminds me of Epcot. If you stand in Norway or Mexico and look toward Canada, Soarin' looms in the background of the Canadian pavilion like a mountain and ruins the feel. :x
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » May Sun 18, 2008 4:48 pm

I've never felt that even though Soarin was visible it "ruined the feel." They have painted to sky blue, it normally blends in.

And once again, You've ALWAYS been able to see the CR from Tomorrow/Pixar Land.

johno

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Oct Wed 15, 2008 11:39 am

Bay Lake Towers has a new website with a fabulous virtual tour! It looks like they went back to the feel of the old Contemporary (with toned down colors). Futuristic and whimsical is what they claim. I'd sure love to see for myself!

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/miniSite/i ... T@01-02102
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

adwayinc

Post by adwayinc » Oct Fri 17, 2008 2:13 pm

I wish I had some extra cash - I would buy in this DVC in a heart beat! I am a DVC member with SS but I would love to have one in the Tower! I hope they will have room for me when its done! I can't wait!
There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

HSolo29

Post by HSolo29 » Oct Fri 17, 2008 10:27 pm

When we were in the World at the beginning of the month, we took the DVC tour and one of the models we got to walk through was for Bay Lake Towers. It really blew us away and we're currently considering joining up. This thing is going to be amazing once it's completed.
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Oct Fri 17, 2008 10:47 pm

im gonna hold my judgment until i stay there. i like the name of it. i dont think it sounds "non disney" because its a magic kingdom hotel. idk....thats just me though. anyway, i cant wait to spend afew days there :D
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"