Never been to see...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Never been to see...

Post by WVParkfan » Jan Mon 14, 2008 11:37 am

We've never been to see the Country Bear Jamboree, or the Hall of Presidents. Been to WDW 8 times as a family, but never really had the desire to see either of these. I'm starting to regret missing ANYTHING in Disney now, so I'm thinking about these two. Will my DS13 and DD7 enjoy them?

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jan Mon 14, 2008 3:06 pm

I love the Country Bears! But, that's just me. My husband doesn't care for it. It's hard to say whether kids will like it or not. I've seen the verdict go both ways.

As for Hall of Presidents...no, kids will not find it interesting.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Mon 14, 2008 4:35 pm

it depends on the kids with HOP. I knwo my brother and I are both history buffs and growing up loved goign there. CBJ is better for younger children, or if you want to get a break from te florida heat and dont want to just sit, it is entertaining, adn the songs are very funny.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

tbell59
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by tbell59 » Jan Mon 14, 2008 7:36 pm

The first time a saw the show was in 1976, I was at WDW for are school trip. I was 16 and into history, the three other kids I were with only liked it for the AC. Everytime I go to the Magic Kingdom I see both the Halls of Presidents and the Country Bears.
My thinking is if you get the kids to go just once maybe they could get something out of it. Hey your taking them to Disney, they can do something you want to, right.

:wave:

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jan Mon 14, 2008 7:41 pm

I think your kids will like CBJ but probably fall alsleep during HOP. Just ask them beforehand if they seem semi-intereste and take a chance, what can you lose?
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Jan Mon 14, 2008 8:16 pm

I personally like both attractions and try to hit them on each trip. As for whether the kids will enjoy them or not, I think packwingfn pretty much summed up what I was gonna say.
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Jan Mon 14, 2008 8:26 pm

I would say a defiinite yes on CBJ. As for HOP, it all depends on your kids and their interests. I've enjoyed HOP since I was a kid in the 70s, but I've always loved history and also anything Disney.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Jan Mon 14, 2008 8:48 pm

You're all right about HOP. My father instilled in me a love for American History and so I loved it. Maybe if you prepare kids for it. Make it sound interesting. Don't just say it's a long speech by presidents. Tell them they are robots that look like presidents. Tell them to watch how real they move etc. Make it sound fun and interesting.

As for CBJ I am 32 and still love it to this day. I think the show is hilarious especially when you listen to the lyrics. I think the younger child will love it, the older might not be into it too much, but still may have a good time.

"Audio-Animatronics are just another dimension in the animation we have been doing all our life."
---Walter Elias Disney

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jan Tue 15, 2008 8:37 am

I can understand the HOP. I like it but generally we skip it unless there is a new president. :)

CBJ is a must.. classic foot stomping, sing along fun.

I would recommend putting it on your to do list on your next trip.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Jan Tue 15, 2008 4:46 pm

If you've never been I would try it....
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Jan Tue 15, 2008 5:01 pm

I agree with wdwannabe. You should try it, since everyone has different opinions of both the attractions. My girls love HOP!!

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Tue 15, 2008 5:37 pm

rdeacon wrote: CBJ is a must.. classic foot stomping, sing along fun.

I would recommend putting it on your to do list on your next trip.

Rich
I went to see the Country Bears for the first time in years on my last trip to Disney World and was quite amused! It was better than I remembered, but my favorite part was when half the audience joined in at the end of "Mama don't whup li'l Buford" - I think you should shoot him instead!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jan Tue 15, 2008 9:43 pm

As a kid HOP was the longest show I ever sat through. I enjoy it now however, but I still can't believe how short the show actually is compared to what I remember as a kid.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jan Tue 15, 2008 10:39 pm

I agree with almost everyone about CBJ. one of the best shows in WDW, IMHO. only thing that I didn't like last time I saw it was the speaker system in the Country Bear Hall needed a major update.

HOP is a decent show, and semi-inspiring as they read off the Presidents' names. kids, unless their history buffs, may not like it and think it's too boring to be in a theme park with rollercoasters and the like...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

GhostHost
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by GhostHost » Jan Wed 16, 2008 8:34 am

I loved both shows as a kid and was certainly not bored with HOP. I actually see that more than CBJ now which I sometimes forget about while passing through Frontierland.
"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment we have been among it's many passengers." -Spaceship Earth / Epcot

Mission Space 2003 Pioneer Crew