Yak & Yeti - opening very soon!!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Yak & Yeti - opening very soon!!

Post by AKLRULZ » Nov Fri 09, 2007 8:01 am

The Yak & Yeti Restaurant is scheduled to open on a walk up basis only starting 11/14. Reservations can be made starting DECEMBER 3, 2007 for arrivals JANUARY 4, 2008 and beyond.

Yak & Yeti offers great food and good-spirited family fun. You’ll indulge yourself with some of Asia’s most tasty offerings. You’ll also find a wide array of unique artifacts rich with the history of our land. Our proprietor and his family have traveled all over Southeast Asia collecting unique, unusual and exotic souvenirs. Yak & Yeti is situated at the base of Mt. Everest in the small town of Anandapur. The sights, sounds and energy in our village are a beacon for the villagers and tourists eager to meet, barter, eat and socialize as they move through their day. It is a place for both the familiar and the exotic, a place for family and friends, tourists, and above all, a place to immerse yourself in a culture that is exciting, exotic and mysterious.

HOURS:
Lunch - 10 am - 3:45 pm
Dinner - 4:00pm to varies with park closing

(All menus and pricing subject to change without notice)

Appetizers start at $6.99
Entrees start at $13.99
Desserts start at $5.99

Menu includes:

Steamed Mussels, Egg Rolls, Chicken Fried Rice, Pot Stickers, Crispy Honey Chicken, Sweet & Sour Pork, Kong Pau Beef, Shrimp Lo Mein, Maple Tamarind Chicken, Mandarin Chicken Salad, Baby Back Ribs, Duck, and Cream Cheese Wontons with Grilled Pineapple.

Kid's Menu start at $7.49

Children's Menu: Chicken Bites, Chicken Fried Rice with an Egg Roll, Burgers and Vegetable Lo Mein.

DISCOUNTS:
Annual and Seasonal Passholders receive 10% off dining entree (excluding alcohol, beverages, tax, and gratuity) for member and up to 3 Guests. 15% discount on retail purchases. (not including sale items).

DVC Members receive a 10% discount off dining entree (excluding alcoholic beverages, tax, and gratuity) for Member and up to 3 Guests. 15% discount on retail purchases (not including sale items Not valid on major holidays). The DVC Members must show their DVC Member card.

Walt Disney Company Cast Member receive 20% off dining (excluding alcohol) valid thru 1/31/08. For eligibility and details, please refer to WDW-CAST MEMBER DISCOUNTS on the hub.

2007 PACKAGES:
none

2008 PACKAGES:
Magic Your Way + Dining (L,D)
Magic Your Way + Dining w/Wine (L,D)
Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining (L,D)
Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining/Wine (L,D)
Magic Your Way Premium (L,D)
Magic Your Way Premium w/Wine (L,D)
Magic Your Way Platinum (L,D)
Magic Your Way Platinum w/Wine (L,D)

This location requires 1 Wine entitlement for any package with the Wine & Dine Plan.

Note:
The Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe is also expected to open on November 14th. Currently no discounts or dining plans are available at this Quick Service location.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Nov Fri 09, 2007 9:29 am

I just read that...nicey!!!

I will try the walk up service when I am there. I won't be there for the full service, but will have to try it on another visit.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Nov Fri 09, 2007 10:59 am

I too will have to try the walk up service when we are there in Dec. Sounds cool.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Nov Fri 09, 2007 12:32 pm

I can't wait to try the counter service! I was so sad when the Tusker House switched to buffet style. This makes me so happy. Hope the food is as good as the theming.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

tel601
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by tel601 » Nov Fri 09, 2007 5:47 pm

*Grabs fork and chopsticks* Dang it!! I just got back like a week ago. Wish it would have been opened while I was there.

cuddy101

Post by cuddy101 » Nov Mon 12, 2007 3:24 am

I cant wait, it looks great

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Nov Wed 14, 2007 2:58 pm

It should all be open by the time I get there.

Choices choices......... :D
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Nov Thu 15, 2007 7:32 am

Already hearing great reviews - check out Deb Willis' site for great photos and a good review!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

coasterphil
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by coasterphil » Nov Thu 15, 2007 10:59 am

Everyone I've talked to that has tried it was extremely disappointed. They were on the CS side though, so maybe the TS is better.

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Nov Thu 15, 2007 8:32 pm

Just one question. If it's going to be the Yak and the Yeti... and they want to make it all authentic.... where's the snow cone? They should be lemon.

These are the jokes people blame Pixar.

"I have a great love for animals and laughter."
---Walter Elias Disney

jbvenn
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jbvenn » Nov Thu 15, 2007 11:06 pm

Esmeralda wrote:I can't wait to try the counter service! I was so sad when the Tusker House switched to buffet style. This makes me so happy. Hope the food is as good as the theming.
I loved Tusker House too and was sad to hear of the change. The Y&Y sounds like it might be a good replacement.
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Thu 22, 2007 7:39 pm

the menu sounds alot like an ordinary Chinese restaurant. But the theme sounds awesome. Nice name!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

castmember04

Post by castmember04 » Nov Tue 27, 2007 7:12 pm

Not sure why they made this a sit down restaurant after switching Tusker house. I'm disappointed. I loved the Tusker house before, as I'm not a big fan of buffets because I never eat enough to make it worth it.

jenhen27
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenhen27 » Dec Mon 03, 2007 11:27 am

It's about time that AK had a table service restaurant. The menu sounds good. I guess we'll have to try it out in May.

Leigh

Post by Leigh » Dec Mon 03, 2007 11:56 am

castmember04 wrote:Not sure why they made this a sit down restaurant after switching Tusker house. I'm disappointed. I loved the Tusker house before, as I'm not a big fan of buffets because I never eat enough to make it worth it.
We LOVED Tusker House before the switch --oh my goodness the Harambe (?) chicken was so good. I had actually bought the Peri Sauce they used to make it at the local Stop & Shop but I don't see it there anymore.

Who wants to eat at a buffet in the hottest, most humid atmosphere in all of WDW!? They are crazy.