Is it hard to get around within the Old Key West resort?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

rmorton50

Is it hard to get around within the Old Key West resort?

Post by rmorton50 » Sep Tue 04, 2007 5:20 pm

I've never stayed at the villas. I'm planning a small family reunion and will have 9 adults and 5 children (all under 10 yrs). I am considering the villas at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. Since both of these resorts are built around golf courses, it looks like it could be a long trek from the villas to the "main" buildings. We don't plan to cook our meals at the villas so we will probably want to go to the "main" building quite a bit. Is it not a good idea to stay in the villas if you plan to eat all meals in restaurants?

Thanks,
Roger

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Sep Tue 04, 2007 9:35 pm

I've never stayed at Saratoga Springs, but from visiting it, the setup of the two resorts seems very similar with outdoor walkways and various bus stops. Don't be too worried about a walk from the "main building" to your room though becuase you could easily take the buses. At OKW, the last stop on every bus route is the "main building", and once you're done with dinner it's a short walk down the street to the first stop (Peninsular Road) so you can take a bus from there back to your own bus stop.

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Wed 05, 2007 5:44 am

We had a car when we stayed at SS - we were in the Congress Park section which is quite a hike from the main pool/resort area.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

CDAbleson
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by CDAbleson » Sep Wed 05, 2007 9:27 am

I don't know how many restaurants there are at SS, but Olivia's is your main eatery at OKW...It is really good, but is the only sit down option...Our family's home resort is OKW, and I can tell you that it is VERY nice, with the boats to DD, the pool, etc....I highly recomend it!