Best place in the MK to watch a parade and then view WISHES

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Best place in the MK to watch a parade and then view WISHES

Post by soccermouse » Jan Tue 09, 2007 5:15 pm

I am still in the process of planning out every detail of our first ever trip to WDW in June. What is the best place to watch the evening parade and then to get a great view of WISHES?

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Jan Tue 09, 2007 6:56 pm

Spectromagic starts at Town Square. If you want to hang around for Wishes, I'd personally stand towards the castle-end of main street, so as to stand in the middle of main street (at the end, between the end of main street and the bridge) for Wishes.

Someone else probably can explain this better... :)

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jan Tue 09, 2007 7:21 pm

I don't feel there is a best place for Spectromagic, since as long as you are on the parade route you can easily see it. Just make sure you get a spot near the street early, so you have a prime view.

For wishes the best spot is at the end of main street by right on the past bridge but before the hub. This way you get the full head effect of the fireworks on either side of the castle, and see Tinkerbell too!

If you don't like to move around a lot, pick a spot for Spectromagic by the end of main street that way you can just stand up and watch Wishes.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jan Tue 09, 2007 8:58 pm

Hmm, for Spectromagic, there's only one thing that matters, and that's the Chernabog float. It opens for a few seconds and then closes for a few seconds. For me, it's a little disappointing if he passes by in "bald mountain" form. But if not, anywhere is cool as long as your on the parade route.

And yeah, the best place for Wishes is at the far end of Main Street. I prefer standing on the left hand side, so the huge spires don't get in the way of your view, especially if the wind is blowing. Tinkerbell is easily viewable from there as well.

Or you can just park yourself at the end of Main Street and wait for the parade. After the parade, you can take a few steps and stand in the middle of the street.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jan Tue 09, 2007 11:21 pm

when we went to MVMCP, we found that right in the middle of the hub is a good place to see the wishes. then, just turn to the side and the parade is easily viewable
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jan Wed 10, 2007 10:57 pm

I love Fantasyland for Wishes but thats just me. I love watching the fireworks come right next to you while watchin them behind you too. Real cool experience.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Best place in the MK to watch a parade and then view WIS

Post by MansionButler » Jan Thu 11, 2007 5:42 pm

soccermouse wrote:I am still in the process of planning out every detail of our first ever trip to WDW in June. What is the best place to watch the evening parade and then to get a great view of WISHES?
Wow, getting specific, arent' we. :lol:

Anyway, I think the best place to watch the parade is in Frontierland since it's less busy and the Chernabog's wings are open. There're plenty of places to sit and you don't have to get there too early.

The ambiance of Main Street is great, of course, so if you're willing to have no where to sit, fight huge crowds and get there really early it's worth it.

The best place to watch the fireworks is the bridge to Tomorrowland, hands down. Tinkerbell flies right over head and you get a gorgeous view of the castle and every firework.

chief0staph
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by chief0staph » Feb Tue 06, 2007 8:51 pm

VIP seating on the bridge between the hub and liberty square. during slower seasons when they have empty spots the cast members will generally look around for a family to fill any empty seats. The performers always do something a little extra special for the VIPs, and the viewing for Wishes is really good.
-you're going to have to make it a bit bigger; they've actually got them here. And they're not made of plastic - Eddie Izzard

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Feb Wed 07, 2007 8:02 am

I also love Fantasyland for Wishes - you get a completely different perspective, up front and personal and almost in 3-D. 8)
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

CpnBones
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by CpnBones » Feb Mon 12, 2007 1:30 pm

chief0staph wrote:VIP seating on the bridge between the hub and liberty square. during slower seasons when they have empty spots the cast members will generally look around for a family to fill any empty seats. The performers always do something a little extra special for the VIPs, and the viewing for Wishes is really good.
How do you obtain the VIP seating?

soccermouse

Post by soccermouse » Feb Mon 12, 2007 2:28 pm

MansionButler wrote:
soccermouse wrote:I am still in the process of planning out every detail of our first ever trip to WDW in June. What is the best place to watch the evening parade and then to get a great view of WISHES?
I hope that I am not planning this to death, but it is likely our one and only trip to WDW in a very long time; if ever. We can take a couple of trips to Disneyland on just what it is costing us for airfare and I got a good deal.

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Feb Mon 12, 2007 2:42 pm

soccermouse wrote:
MansionButler wrote:
I hope that I am not planning this to death, but it is likely our one and only trip to WDW in a very long time; if ever. We can take a couple of trips to Disneyland on just what it is costing us for airfare and I got a good deal.
It's always been my line of thought that you really shouldn't plan. My girlfriend (chief0staph up there) didn't even get a map the first time she went to Animal Kingdom, so that it would just be an experience. I really do think that makes everything better, if you don't plan and cram and you just go with the flow.
CpnBones wrote:
chief0staph wrote:VIP seating on the bridge between the hub and liberty square. during slower seasons when they have empty spots the cast members will generally look around for a family to fill any empty seats. The performers always do something a little extra special for the VIPs, and the viewing for Wishes is really good.
You stand near the bridge and hope a CM asks you. :lol:

TheLateBloomer

Post by TheLateBloomer » Feb Mon 12, 2007 6:26 pm

I personally like to plant myself right in front of Casey's Corner on Main Street USA. That way, I get a great shot of the parade and as soon as it's done my cohort will watch our spot while I stock up on hot dogs and cheese fries before replanting myself (standing) in the same spot for wishes. It's a great view (but beware of the stroller durby).

Hope my humble two cents helps!
Respect & Regards,
The Late Bloomer

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Feb Mon 12, 2007 7:20 pm

Cheese fries for firework viewing does indeed sound awesome.

CpnBones

Post by CpnBones » Feb Mon 12, 2007 7:36 pm

CpnBones wrote:
chief0staph wrote:You stand near the bridge and hope a CM asks you. :lol:
Ah...Thanks for the tip.