Attraction Rankings: Epcot

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Attraction Rankings: Epcot

Post by MansionButler » Oct Sun 29, 2006 2:42 pm

Same thing as the Magic Kingdom topic. Rank the attractions at Epcot via your own preference and system. Then argue with someone else.

Soarin' Image
Test Track Image
The American Adventure Image
Honey I Shrunk the Audience Image
Spaceship Earth Image
The Maelstrom Image
Mission: Space Image
Living with the Land Boat Ride Image
Journey Into Imagination with Figment Image
Ellen's Energy Adventure Image
El Rio del Tiempo Image

Image Excellent attraction that should be experienced more than once.
Image Great attraction that you have to do at least once.
Image Good attraction that you should try and do, but don't worry too much if you don't make it.
Image Decent attraction that you should do if you have a chance, but shouldn't go out of your way to do.
Image Horrible attraction that should be avoided at all costs.

Based on enjoyment, theme, wait time, queue enjoyment and area relevence.
I haven't seen the completed overhaul of the Living Seas, but the old one would have been a 5.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Oct Sun 29, 2006 8:42 pm

I would make spaship earth and American adventure 5's and make mission space a 4, that ride is pretty cool with the G-forces. the rest are close enough for me.

Agosaol Brythwich
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Agosaol Brythwich » Oct Tue 31, 2006 12:26 am

Without coming off as a total luddite, how did you get them stars up there and stuff?

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Oct Tue 31, 2006 3:52 am

Agosaol Brythwich wrote:Without coming off as a total luddite, how did you get them stars up there and stuff?
Copied their url and pasted it between image brackets.

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Tue 31, 2006 4:20 am

Good rankings, although I thought Ellen was a hoot. :lol: Plus it had Bill Nye, and showed the creation of the universe which is something you don't see every day. Science humor. Must be too white & nerdy -- OT Link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6451157121 -- but let me just say that although I do run a web design business, my dog does not have a web page. Probably because I don't have a dog. And I'm a better dresser than Al.
No, no... He's got a point.

addlema

Post by addlema » Oct Tue 31, 2006 7:13 am

I must agree that I have a huge fondess for the new Ellen's Energy Adventure. my younger self was a HUGE fan of bill nye.BILL BILL BILL!

It is and was a HUGE disapointment though to lose the Radok Pre show.. as a child I was also mightly entranced by the moving screens and walls. and as an adult I am in awe at the technology that was used to do that.

Spaceship Earth is definetly a 5.

AND BY ALL THINGS HOLY I give a 5 to El rio de teimpo. Its the most relaxing most awesomely cool ride ever. Especially after eating dinner at the resturant. I love the mexico pavilion. I think it is quite possibly the coolest place in disney.. The theming is just amazing.
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_broad.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_mod.gif[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey.gif[/img]

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Oct Tue 31, 2006 3:11 pm

addlema and Kronk, I'm totally in with both of you on this one. White and nerdy I may be (love that video!), but Ellen's Energy Adventure is a blast!

Spaceship Earth has always been a favorite of mine and you can't get much better than El Rio del Tiempo. They rank far above the new Imagination. Now the old Imagination...but that's for a different post.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

bbowen13

Post by bbowen13 » Oct Tue 31, 2006 4:35 pm

Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Mission: SPACE, American Adventure, Body Wars, and Canada movie are all 5s
Test Track, The Land Ride and The Maelstrom 4s
Ellen's adventure and Imagination are 3s

Mr.ToadWildRider

Re: Attraction Rankings: Epcot

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Oct Tue 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Spaceship Earth Image
El Rio del Tiempo Image
Soarin' Image
The American Adventure Image
Test Track Image
Ellen's Energy Adventure Image
The Maelstrom Image
Mission: Space Image
Living with the Land Boat Ride Image
Honey I Shrunk the Audience Image
Journey Into Imagination with Figment Image (Bring back the real ride :evil: It'd be 0 if they hadn't at least brought Figmen back)

SSE and Rio Del Tiempo are rides with no wait like ever that have highly sentimental value to me and are two things I will ALWAYS associate with EPCOT Center, much like WoM, Horizons, and the original JII.

Soarin' is an amazing, relaxing ride, although I wish it were longer considering the hour+ minimum line that almost screams "Fast Pass or skip" It's great but it's over so fast and the lines are sooo long.

AA is moving as an American personally and historic and another EPCOT Center attraction, not a merely "Epcot" one...

Test track is fun and long, but prone to breakdowns and huge lines +it killed WoM which was always my fave as a kid.

EEA is one of the few changes from EPCOT Center to Epcot that I actually see as a plus (Other than Eo to HISTA...and MAYBE KK/FR to Soarin' although I loved those shows dearly) It's long, relaxing, and entertaining.

Maelstrom and M:S are fun but imo mediocre. If M:S didn't kill Horizons it may have gotten more points, but it's basically a suped up motion simulator that is way overhyped. Maelstrom may have scored higher but typically long lines for a relatively short ride and I rarely want to burn a Fastpass on it so end up in standby for 20-30 minutes.

The Land Boat ride also has sentimental value, but the removal of "Listen to the Land" music has tarnished its score. I don't know what it is either but I don't feel as captivated by it as I used to when I was younger -plus this one tends to get big lines too.

HISTA - It's a great 3d movie, probably my favorite behind Philharmagic, but it's dated in a bad way. SSE and Rio are dated too, but they're both more sentimental for their colors, and figures, and scenes - whereas HISTA is just a movie to attraction attraction based on a movie from the early 90's which had a series of rather awful sequels. Nicky is probably in his late teens by now, does anyone else realize that? And the dog that played Quark is probably long gone...

JIYI - See above note...

meticulus9

Post by meticulus9 » Oct Tue 31, 2006 6:15 pm

AA and soaring 5 stars. mission space is only 2and a half. i miss horizons....

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Oct Tue 31, 2006 6:58 pm

addlema wrote:I must agree that I have a huge fondess for the new AND BY ALL THINGS HOLY I give a 5 to El rio de teimpo. Its the most relaxing most awesomely cool ride ever. Especially after eating dinner at the resturant. I love the mexico pavilion. I think it is quite possibly the coolest place in disney.. The theming is just amazing.
:shock:

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Tue 31, 2006 7:23 pm

MansionButler wrote:
addlema wrote:I must agree that I have a huge fondess for the new AND BY ALL THINGS HOLY I give a 5 to El rio de teimpo. Its the most relaxing most awesomely cool ride ever. Especially after eating dinner at the resturant. I love the mexico pavilion. I think it is quite possibly the coolest place in disney.. The theming is just amazing.
Interesting, it is quite relaxing and immersive. Without a narrative, I suspect it seems kind of oblique to those who didn't study meso-american history for years and years in grade school. :roll:
No, no... He's got a point.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Tue 31, 2006 8:57 pm

moderator/admin note: per the forum rules, please do not submit any post that contains only emoticons as they do not add anything to the topic at hand.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

DaWhoLaGn
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by DaWhoLaGn » Nov Wed 01, 2006 9:08 pm

kronk's angel wrote:
MansionButler wrote:
Interesting, it is quite relaxing and immersive. Without a narrative, I suspect it seems kind of oblique to those who didn't study meso-american history for years and years in grade school. :roll:
I thought it was really cool too. When they make the upcoming changes, I hope they don't change the bardering shop owners scene. It cracks me up every time. :) Not to mention the really cool fireworks near the end.

My only complaint is about the attached dining. It's really cool with really good food, by I think they might be a bit understaffed and the tables seem really close together. There's not much space in that little area. Some ladies fanny pack almost went into my tortilla soup as she went by. Thankfully it was just the pack and not the fanny. 8)

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » Nov Fri 03, 2006 2:58 am

Mission: Space is a 5, American Adventure, Test Track and Soarin' are 4s (Soarin' would be a 5 if it weren't for its queue), Living with the Land, Maelstrom, and Impressions de France are 3s.
Fixing cars as an Autopian mechanic!