I don't like any of these rides anyways
7%
other
2%

Total votes: 104

lilwuerfl7

QUESTION ABOUT EPCOT RIDES

Post by lilwuerfl7 » Apr Wed 07, 2004 6:49 pm

i dunno about yall but what do you think about the replacements for HORIZONS, JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION, and WORLD OF MOTION...i would say that Test Track is a success over World of Motion...Horizons and Mission:Space is a toss up because even though Space has an unbelievably interesting concept it leaves guests with dizziness and headaches (including myself);also Horizons was a classic, so cool, and definately a normal Disney vacationers favorite...Personally i would say that Journey into imagination was better than the new journey into YOUR imagination; some people say that the old imagination was outdated and boring but i believe that it was another "classic" ride that fit the theme of journey into the IMAGINATION perfectly; the new ride is too scientific oriented....just voicing my opinion and would love to hear others!!!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Thu 08, 2004 2:27 pm

Last time I was at WDW was 7 years ago. Test Track was just about to open. So I haven't seen any of the new stuff. I really really want to get out there. Too bad it's just so expensive. Anyways...
Out of those attractions, I have my fondest memories of being a child and going on Journey Into Imagination. The ride was wonderful to look at and then the play area was fantastic. I remember spending several hours there. I also remember enjoying WOM and Horizons tremendously. More so when I went back to WDW when I was older.

fuzzybaja

Post by fuzzybaja » May Sun 02, 2004 9:41 pm

My favorite part of Horizons was when you turn the corner and smell the orange scent pumping out of the space orange grove colony they are working on. That and the song of course! New Horizons for you.. and for meeee!

Disneyfan

Post by Disneyfan » May Tue 04, 2004 7:22 pm

I guess we just have to realize that the overall goal of the parks is to make money. If they do not come up with new attractions they will not get some people to come back. And in Florida Universal Studios is breathing right down Disney's neck. But it is too bad that we can't have it both ways.

I agree that Test Track came out really good, and I count myself on the list that will not be taking a second ride on Mission:Space (I was a dizzy zombie all day); but I thought the Horizons and World of Motion were really classic Disney type entertainment. Too bad they could not have been updated, kind of like they have done with Carousel of Progress to keep up with the times.

I have one more that I sorely miss, the original Walter Cronkite narration in Spaceship Earth. The replacement (I don't even know who that is) does not create 1/10th of the same effect. Some changes are not improvements! :(

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Thu 03, 2004 12:25 pm

My user name says it all!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Thu 03, 2004 2:57 pm

I will really miss Horizons. I'll never be able to share that experience with my girlfriend. I remember having so much fun choosing land, sea, or space at the end of the ride.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

horizons

Post by sockfire » Jun Thu 03, 2004 3:46 pm

Both times that I went on Horizons I got stuck doing Sea. I begged everyone in my car to pic space and they all picked Sea! I never got to see Land or Space. :cry:

Disneyfan

Post by Disneyfan » Jun Mon 07, 2004 7:08 am

Horizons was one of those classic rides that for some reason you could never get tired of. Not that you would ride it again and again on the same visit, but it was always at the top of our Epcot list every time we went back to the park. My favorite part was the orange grove room. The first few times that orange smell hits you it is a totally amazing effect.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Mon 07, 2004 11:09 am

It's probably because there's a lot of cool stuff to look at and it's interesting to see each enviroment. Also, it's nice to see what we could eventually achieve.

Disneyfan

Post by Disneyfan » Jun Tue 08, 2004 8:20 pm

I think it is somewhat like was mentioned in the thread on why we listen to Disney park music. Horizons was the kind of show that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kinda like the future in a perfect world, without Iraq's and terrorists. Much like the Carousel of Progress - the feeling of hope and anticipation for the future.

My kids can have the Incredible Hulk at Universal Islands of Adventure, somehow I cannot imagine that 25 years from now they will be typing at their computers and humming to the beat of the Hulk! :shock:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Wed 09, 2004 12:57 pm

That's a very good point. Will I want to listen to Disneyland's Winnie the Pooh years from now? No, because it isn't a good ride. Whereas, Horizons will always have a place in my heart.

gidrac

Post by gidrac » Jun Thu 10, 2004 2:49 pm

fuzzybaja wrote:My favorite part of Horizons was when you turn the corner and smell the orange scent pumping out of the space orange grove colony they are working on. That and the song of course! New Horizons for you.. and for meeee!
I couldn't agree more! That orange smell was the best. I would love a new Horizons.

sockfire

That orange smell

Post by sockfire » Jun Thu 10, 2004 7:03 pm

Soarin' Over California has that orange scent, along with pine, etc. I think it really makes you feel immersed. Nice to see them reusing show elements like that. :)

Darth Tortoise

Post by Darth Tortoise » Jun Thu 17, 2004 7:41 pm

I miss all 3, but I miss Imagination the most!!! I found this really cool site on the net that sells documentry style DVDs of extinct Disney attractions. So far I have gotten Universe of Energy, Journey Into Imagination, and World of Motion. Horizons is on its way to my house as we speak. They are very well done, its like I'm on the actual ride!

trilliumB

Re: horizons

Post by trilliumB » Jun Mon 21, 2004 5:51 pm

sockfire wrote:Both times that I went on Horizons I got stuck doing Sea. I begged everyone in my car to pic space and they all picked Sea! I never got to see Land or Space. :cry:
Hey, I always lobbied for Space --I remember that it included the space shuttle lifting off! As a soon-to-be Space Camper, I loved it!! What happened in the Sea ending?

And does anyone remember the Land ending?