Disney "Smells"

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Bunni
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Re: Disney "Smells"

Post by Bunni » Apr Tue 22, 2014 4:35 am

Polynesian Lobby (That is where I got married :), The popcorn on Main Street, The water of POTC and the tropical coconutty type smell at the Carribean Beach resort food court/shop

Westclock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Westclock » Apr Tue 22, 2014 8:08 am

You got married in the lobby? Thats pretty cool!

Bunni

Post by Bunni » Apr Wed 23, 2014 3:06 am

Not in the lobby on the Beach there but my pictures we in and around the lobby and we have our mini US Wedding Reception at the Luau that night (I am from the UK we had a big party for all our UK guests when we returned).

The staff did perfom a lovely Ohana ceremony for us in the lobby though and presented my husband and I with fresh flower leis.

Westclock

Post by Westclock » Apr Wed 23, 2014 9:09 am

Thats a great sounding wedding imo. Plus the lobby cookies to get you through the picture process if you were lucky. lol

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by L3PCT » Jul Sat 19, 2014 5:33 pm

I really want to smell the turkey legs right now!!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Thu 28, 2014 1:12 pm

I wish I could smell the musty caverns of Pirates of the Carribean - never gets old LOL :wink:

Tiger87
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Tiger87 » Oct Sun 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Morocco does it for me

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Oct Mon 20, 2014 9:22 am

I know I've mentioned it here before...but there is a retired Scentsy scent that smells EXACTLY like Animal Kingdom Lodge and Kidani Village. Every 6 months, Scentsy allows people to vote to bring back retired scents for a month and "African Mahogany" has made the cut so far. All I ask you to do is go HERE and vote for African Mahogany (you can use all 5 votes for it by clicking it 5 times). If it makes it to the end and is one of the ones they bring back for January...then you will most certainly want to stock up on these. It is crazy how perfectly it matches the smell of those resorts and it will freak you out.

https://abbieyow.scentsy.us/Buy/Voting?campaignId=6

I'm not trying to sell anything...just looking for some fellow WDW nuts to help vote it to the top. Of course if you do love the smell of those resorts then you'll want to pick some of those bars up...so just let me know if/when that happens. Thanks!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 20, 2014 11:17 am

theBIGyowski wrote:I know I've mentioned it here before...but there is a retired Scentsy scent that smells EXACTLY like Animal Kingdom Lodge and Kidani Village. Every 6 months, Scentsy allows people to vote to bring back retired scents for a month and "African Mahogany" has made the cut so far. All I ask you to do is go HERE and vote for African Mahogany (you can use all 5 votes for it by clicking it 5 times). If it makes it to the end and is one of the ones they bring back for January...then you will most certainly want to stock up on these. It is crazy how perfectly it matches the smell of those resorts and it will freak you out.

https://abbieyow.scentsy.us/Buy/Voting?campaignId=6

I'm not trying to sell anything...just looking for some fellow WDW nuts to help vote it to the top. Of course if you do love the smell of those resorts then you'll want to pick some of those bars up...so just let me know if/when that happens. Thanks!
I went ahead and voted ~ hope it helps :D

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » Oct Tue 21, 2014 8:27 am

My favorite is the Bread Pudding dessert at Ohana. Delightful blend of spices! Wish I could be eating one now!

Alweg74
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Alweg74 » Oct Thu 23, 2014 1:33 pm

The big ones are Horizons' orange groves and Spaceship Earth's burning Rome, but the best is Haunted Mansion's cool musty smell. When I was a kid I used to sit at home with my nose to the living room air conditioning vent because it had a similar smell.

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » Nov Sun 02, 2014 10:15 pm

I hadn't thought about the Poly Lobby smell, but, yes it is one that brings back memories! We have plans for Oct 2015; I hope the lobby smell isn't altered too much.

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Nov Thu 13, 2014 1:17 pm

the smell of peter pan ... I know it sounds weird but it brings back so many memories of my childhood!!!! :peter_pan: I love it - I hope they never change it ... especially since it seems like they are changing a lot of things that I loved ... maelstrom ... not happy about it at all!!!!!!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 13, 2014 1:59 pm

L3PCT wrote:the smell of peter pan ... I know it sounds weird but it brings back so many memories of my childhood!!!! :peter_pan: I love it - I hope they never change it ... especially since it seems like they are changing a lot of things that I loved ... maelstrom ... not happy about it at all!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm, can't think of a specific smell that I associate with Peter Pan. What does it smell like to you?

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Nov Mon 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Amy wrote:
L3PCT wrote:the smell of peter pan ... I know it sounds weird but it brings back so many memories of my childhood!!!! :peter_pan: I love it - I hope they never change it ... especially since it seems like they are changing a lot of things that I loved ... maelstrom ... not happy about it at all!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm, can't think of a specific smell that I associate with Peter Pan. What does it smell like to you?
it smells old LOL!!! I don't know what it is, but there's smell that brings me back ... It's not necessarily a good one like apple pie - kind of like pirates, has an older musty smell that I love too ... lol :lol: