Disney "Smells"

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney "Smells"

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 10, 2014 8:52 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Right now I'm just looking forward to the standard Orlando Airport terminal smell....and the splash of Florida humidity that hits your face as you walk off the plane. Not Disney, but oh-so-welcoming.
Nothing says Florida like the slap of humidity when you first get there! :lol:

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Tue 11, 2014 5:27 pm

One of my favorite smells is the smell of The Beach Club. I have a bar of soap I got from Basin many years ago that smells just like but i refuse to use it because they don't seem to make it anymore. It would be so awesome If I could find a candle or air freshener with that scent *sigh*

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Mupsy90 wrote:One of my favorite smells is the smell of The Beach Club. I have a bar of soap I got from Basin many years ago that smells just like but i refuse to use it because they don't seem to make it anymore. It would be so awesome If I could find a candle or air freshener with that scent *sigh*
I see posts from this company on Facebook ~ they have several Disney inspired scents ~ and a Yacht and Beach Club one specifically :D Maybe that would do the trick?
http://www.walterandrosie.com/mouse-ins ... cents.html

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Tue 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Amy wrote:
Mupsy90 wrote:One of my favorite smells is the smell of The Beach Club. I have a bar of soap I got from Basin many years ago that smells just like but i refuse to use it because they don't seem to make it anymore. It would be so awesome If I could find a candle or air freshener with that scent *sigh*
I see posts from this company on Facebook ~ they have several Disney inspired scents ~ and a Yacht and Beach Club one specifically :D Maybe that would do the trick?

:figment: OMG thank you! You just made me very happy!! I am totally trying this out!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 11, 2014 8:21 pm

You're welcome ~ I immediately thought of it when you mentioned wanting a candle ~ hope it works out for you :D

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Wed 12, 2014 5:53 pm

My wife is a Scentsy rep...and they have a few scents that remind us of different places at WDW.

The two that come to mind are White Sands and African Mahogany. White Sands smells exactly like the Grand Floridian...the smell you get when you enter after departing the Monorail. African Mahogany smells EXACTLY like Kidani Village. If we could go back in time and order many, many more bars of this scent we would.

I'll keep my eyes (and nose) peeled for any more scents we have that bring us back to Disney...in case any of you fine folks want to join in. ;)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Wed 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Amy wrote:
There's a Soarin' too! I've got to look this place up. Thanks for the link!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Thu 13, 2014 3:27 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Right now I'm just looking forward to the standard Orlando Airport terminal smell....and the splash of Florida humidity that hits your face as you walk off the plane. Not Disney, but oh-so-welcoming.

You can chalk that up to "PRE Disney smells". :lol: :goofy:

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » Mar Fri 14, 2014 3:22 pm

I'll weigh in on this one -- Seems to be a popular one, anyway -- Rome burning in Spaceship Earth is my number one.

Some others that come to mind:
Candied almonds in Adventureland.
The smell inside The Land pavillion... Smells like... potato soup. I dunno what it really is.

And from yester-year:
Mickey's birthday cake from the "Minnie's Surprise Party" show, when it was "Mickey's Birthdayland."
The leather from the gift shop after you got off Pirates, really miss that one.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Sat 15, 2014 4:29 pm

bcgm3 wrote:I'll weigh in on this one -- Seems to be a popular one, anyway -- Rome burning in Spaceship Earth is my number one.

Some others that come to mind:
Candied almonds in Adventureland.
The smell inside The Land pavillion... Smells like... potato soup. I dunno what it really is.

And from yester-year:
Mickey's birthday cake from the "Minnie's Surprise Party" show, when it was "Mickey's Birthdayland."
The leather from the gift shop after you got off Pirates, really miss that one.

Some good choices :lol: :lol: :lol: Especialy the Potato Soup. :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny. :goofy:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Sun 16, 2014 7:24 pm

:lol: I have a bar of soap from Basin from '05, I refuse to use it! I am glad I'm not alone!!!

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Sun 16, 2014 8:03 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
:lol: I have a bar of soap from Basin from '05, I refuse to use it! I am glad I'm not alone!!!
Lol it smells to good to use! Mine is currently in my drawer making my clothes smell nice! :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Sun 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Mupsy90 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:
Lol it smells to good to use! Mine is currently in my drawer making my clothes smell nice! :lol:
Mine is in my linen closet!!! I bought more on our recent trip, don't know if I will have the heart to use that either?!

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Wed 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Update on those candles from that Etsy shop: I bought the Yatch and Beach scent and it just arrived today. It smells exactly like the beach club!! I love it! I definitely recommend that shop to anyone looking for Disney inspired scents. Thanks again Amy!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Mupsy90 wrote:Update on those candles from that Etsy shop: I bought the Yatch and Beach scent and it just arrived today. It smells exactly like the beach club!! I love it! I definitely recommend that shop to anyone looking for Disney inspired scents. Thanks again Amy!
Awesome - so glad it worked out for you :D