Disney "Smells"

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney "Smells"

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 19, 2013 1:16 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:Hey Amy we were walking by I believe after breakfast and a guy dressed as a baseball player asked if my son wanted to throw the opening pitch. So my son got to throw him the ball! Then he, my son and a group of cast members I believe from Casey's sang 'Take Me Out To The Ball Game'! They invited my oldest daughter as well to get up with them and sing! And they gave them Cracker Jacks! It was a very neat experience we didn't even know about!
Very cool ~ never noticed this happening before. What a neat experience and memory :D
L3PCT wrote:Hi,
So, I just posted about Casey's Corner and sitting and watching the cartoons in the back/side room while I enjoy my yummy food, when I just had a thought ... maybe someone can answer this ... Does anyone know why they removed showing the old Disney cartoons in the hotel rooms??? My husband and I were soooo bummed when we went back to our room a couple years ago and realized they weren't showing them anymore!!! :cry: Maybe I'm wrong ... but we couldn't find any channels that had them on ...
We don't really do much with the tv in the room other than check the news for the weather forecast. I wonder if the cartoons show on the channels that has the naptime and bedtime stories?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 20, 2013 11:59 am

So, I just posted about Casey's Corner and sitting and watching the cartoons in the back/side room while I enjoy my yummy food, when I just had a thought ... maybe someone can answer this ... Does anyone know why they removed showing the old Disney cartoons in the hotel rooms??? My husband and I were soooo bummed when we went back to our room a couple years ago and realized they weren't showing them anymore!!! :cry: Maybe I'm wrong ... but we couldn't find any channels that had them on ...

Hubby and I wondered the same thing!!!!!!! We used to love that! At night before hitting the sack we would watch or when we were getting ready to hit the parks in the a.m. we would have them on! Now it only seems they have them on the t.v.'s in the lobby areas, where they have the kids corners. I wish they'd bring back the cartoons in the rooms!!!

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by L3PCT » Aug Tue 20, 2013 6:26 pm

boilerbabe wrote:

Hubby and I wondered the same thing!!!!!!! We used to love that! At night before hitting the sack we would watch or when we were getting ready to hit the parks in the a.m. we would have them on! Now it only seems they have them on the t.v.'s in the lobby areas, where they have the kids corners. I wish they'd bring back the cartoons in the rooms!!!
Yes!!! only in the lobby areas!! Well at least in at the Wilderness Lodge ... we stayed up in the concerige level and they had a tv for the kids ... But I wish they'd still play them ... it makes me feel like a kid again!! The whole thing does I guess... :lol: I am at Disney after all ... :donald:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 20, 2013 8:17 pm

L3PCT wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:

Yes!!! only in the lobby areas!! Well at least in at the Wilderness Lodge ... we stayed up in the concerige level and they had a tv for the kids ... But I wish they'd still play them ... it makes me feel like a kid again!! The whole thing does I guess... :lol: I am at Disney after all ... :donald:
Do they still have the movies that you can borrow from the concierge of different Disney movies? Maybe they have some of the cartoons on a disc?

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Wed 21, 2013 7:05 am

you can borrow movies at the resorts, that's pretty neat!! We don't usually watch tv while there,but I like the idea of the old cartoons being on!!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Tue 27, 2013 2:07 pm

The smell of Haunted Masion ... just as you enter the Foyer and see that creepy Portrait over the fireplace!!!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Tue 27, 2013 2:11 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:you can borrow movies at the resorts, that's pretty neat!! We don't usually watch tv while there,but I like the idea of the old cartoons being on!!
I was trying to quote Amy back - but there's a limit ... so yeah, Thanks Amy for letting us know about this - I am going to ask about them next time I go back ;)

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Tue 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Love to watch Steamboat Willy. :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 27, 2013 9:01 pm

L3PCT wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:you can borrow movies at the resorts, that's pretty neat!! We don't usually watch tv while there,but I like the idea of the old cartoons being on!!
I was trying to quote Amy back - but there's a limit ... so yeah, Thanks Amy for letting us know about this - I am going to ask about them next time I go back ;)
Yeah, you can only embed 3 quotes together. No worries ~ I hope they still do this for people that would like to borrow the movies!

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Wed 28, 2013 10:35 am

Goofyfan wrote:Love to watch Steamboat Willy. :D :goofy:
Mickey was such a little poop back then :D Love it.

Tiger87
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Tiger87 » Feb Sun 23, 2014 10:25 am

I like the smell of teak at Jambo House Animal Kingdom

captianbubble
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by captianbubble » Mar Mon 10, 2014 10:58 am

I love the smell of Flametree barbecue place at animal Kingdom! It reminds me of home-cooked meals when I was little before I came to the US. (By the way I was adopted from Mexico)
Disney World Here I Come!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 10, 2014 11:33 am

captianbubble wrote:I love the smell of Flametree barbecue place at animal Kingdom! It reminds me of home-cooked meals when I was little before I came to the US. (By the way I was adopted from Mexico)
Flametree smells so good! :D

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Mon 10, 2014 3:28 pm

The smell of Turkey Legs. MMMMMM Sounds good right about now. 8-) :goofy:

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Mon 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Right now I'm just looking forward to the standard Orlando Airport terminal smell....and the splash of Florida humidity that hits your face as you walk off the plane. Not Disney, but oh-so-welcoming.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion