All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Disney "Smells"

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Wed 31, 2006 7:20 pm

Just curious...
What is everyone's favorite smell from WDW? Some of mine include the burning of Rome from SSE (too me it smells like bacon), the first lift hill on BTM, and the Alien scene from GMR

GoofyInOhio
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by GoofyInOhio » May Wed 31, 2006 7:42 pm

Any and every smell on the ride Soarin. Those are awesome!
Bloody Pirate!

SeasDiver
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SeasDiver » May Wed 31, 2006 9:09 pm

The oranges from the desert farms of Horizons.
Regards,
Aaron
Another Day, Another Dive

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » May Wed 31, 2006 9:19 pm

Spaceship Earth, rome burning is cool. But nothing smells better the school bread from norway! SMELL THE COCONUT!

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Wed 31, 2006 10:37 pm

Love the scents from Soarin and the burning Rome scene in SE. I miss that orange scent from Horizons.

And my all time favorite scent is walking into the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge - the wood burning scents mixed with the spices coming up from Boma is amazing. There is nothing like it anywhere. :P
Last edited by AKLRULZ on Jun Thu 01, 2006 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jun Thu 01, 2006 5:53 am

The musty water smell from Pirates, the Horizons orange smell, and the weird flowery smell from the original Figment Imagination ride. I seem to associate it with the "paper" room...maybe it was the smoke coming out of Figment's rainbow pot.

Also the smell of the BBQ joint in The Land.

SimonTemplar

Post by SimonTemplar » Jun Thu 01, 2006 10:18 am

Great question!! I had never really thought about that before, although I've always liked certain smells at WDW. Off the top of my head I'll go with:

- Rome burning on SSE
- Orange scent on Horizons
- Musty smell on Pirates
- Smell of the Tollhouse cookies on Mainstreet USA
- smell of churros

That one will have me thinking today.

I'll add the smell of bbq coming from Whispering Canyon Cafe in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. Makes me hungry just typing it.

:mickey:
:D
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Jun Thu 01, 2006 10:43 am

You guys are going to think I'm absolutely crazy...... But I love the smell of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay lake. It has a certain earthy smell to it (particular to Disney), that takes me back to when I was a kid (staying at Ft. Wilderness) and you could actually SWIM in the lake (and river country). I know... hehe wierd huh? :mickey:
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Jun Thu 01, 2006 10:52 am

Well, not really wierd - nostalgia from great memories as a kid can do that! And man not to take this off topic but what a shame River Country is rotting over there at Ft Wilderness. That was the first waterpark I was ever exposed to as a kid and what great times that were had there.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jun Thu 01, 2006 11:27 am

That musty Pirates smell... I've smelled it elsewhere, though rarely, and it always reminds me of Pirates. The one way I've encountered it outside the parks is kind of specific:

My parents live in a very upscale community, and the drive from the freeway to their house is about 4-5 miles. Along that route the road is two lanes each way with a large landscaped center divide. The landscaping on the divide is constantly watered so it looks pretty. If I have to drive to their house early in the morning... say, before 10... on a hot summer day, I'll encounter the Pirates smell if my window is down, and the reclaimed water used in the sprinklers on the center divide has started to pool on any part of the increasingly-warming pavement of the street.

Yeah. Specific, I know... but Pirates every time...

Other smells I love are the Jungle Cruise, the musty-but-different-than-Pirates smell of Splash Mountain, and the smell of that good ol' Orville Redenbacher popcorn.
~Steve

SimonTemplar

Post by SimonTemplar » Jun Thu 01, 2006 11:28 am

knedeau wrote:You guys are going to think I'm absolutely crazy...... But I love the smell of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay lake. It has a certain earthy smell to it (particular to Disney), that takes me back to when I was a kid (staying at Ft. Wilderness) and you could actually SWIM in the lake (and river country). I know... hehe wierd huh? :mickey:
I know what you mean. My wife and I rented one of those water mice boats two years ago, and there is a certain smell of Bay Lake and Seven Seas lagoon that I can recall. It has that earthy, fresh water smell like you said, but it is unique. Good one. As I said before, this one will have me thinking today.

:mickey3: :goofy_bounce:
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jun Thu 01, 2006 11:44 am

When I first saw this post it made me think of being on Pirates and SOMEONE on the boat made a smell of his own!! LOL

But I too like the smell of Pirates, especially in the part where it is burning. All these others I haven't been on so I will have to smell ya later .......
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

GoofyInOhio

Post by GoofyInOhio » Jun Thu 01, 2006 11:59 am

Yes Rome burning on SSE is a good one. This may be a weird one, but the smell of the park when you first walk in before anyone else (When you have a early Character Breakfast). Especially down by the bakery on Main Street. Love that.
Bloody Pirate!

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Jun Thu 01, 2006 12:06 pm

bostoncg wrote:When I first saw this post it made me think of being on Pirates and SOMEONE on the boat made a smell of his own!! LOL .......
Hehehe....... I hope you don't think of Disney when you smell THAT
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Jun Thu 01, 2006 1:02 pm

oooh can i add the smell of clean air.. I'm from NJ so its a nice change! :D

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]