Disney "Smells"

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Disney "Smells"

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Fri 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Amy wrote:Driving home today with a rotisserie chicken in the back of the vehicle, I was thinking how good my car smelled. That thought was immediately followed by, maybe that is what the turkey leg air fresheners smell like. I still don't want one, but I can see where someone might like one now.
You could just get the Turkey Leg t-shirt I saw on the Disney website! We have a funny memory on our first trip years ago of a grown man holding a turkey leg in Disney World yelling to Cinderella in the Spectromagic Parade something like "Cinderella, I love you, I love you Cinderella". Lovely memory associated with Disney/turkey legs :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 26, 2013 8:40 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
Amy wrote:Driving home today with a rotisserie chicken in the back of the vehicle, I was thinking how good my car smelled. That thought was immediately followed by, maybe that is what the turkey leg air fresheners smell like. I still don't want one, but I can see where someone might like one now.
You could just get the Turkey Leg t-shirt I saw on the Disney website! We have a funny memory on our first trip years ago of a grown man holding a turkey leg in Disney World yelling to Cinderella in the Spectromagic Parade something like "Cinderella, I love you, I love you Cinderella". Lovely memory associated with Disney/turkey legs :D
:lol: Isn't it funny to see adults having as much fun as the kids at the parks?!

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by L3PCT » Jul Mon 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Pirates, turkey legs, haunted mansion lobby and boarding area, Main street, popcorn, norway, mexico!!, Spaceship earth, thunder mountain!, space mountain, soarin, the land, I miss horizons!!!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:37 pm

I can smell the spaceship earth ride ... not sure how to discribe it - it just smells like memories to me!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Oh and the go carts ... I don't love the smell - but it brings back memories too!!!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:40 pm

There is also a certain smell to the elevator in the living seas ... does anyone know what I am talking about???

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Wed 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
:lol: Isn't it funny to see adults having as much fun as the kids at the parks?!
Yes it is Amy! I love it because it makes me seem normal! :lol:

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Thu 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Today's smell ... Walking by Casey's corner and smelling all that yummy food!!

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Thu 15, 2013 3:44 pm

L3PCT wrote:Today's smell ... Walking by Casey's corner and smelling all that yummy food!!
Aww my son got picked to throw out the opening pitch at Casey's! We haven't eaten there yet, but it's one of my "must dos" next visit. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 15, 2013 8:54 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
L3PCT wrote:Today's smell ... Walking by Casey's corner and smelling all that yummy food!!
Aww my son got picked to throw out the opening pitch at Casey's! We haven't eaten there yet, but it's one of my "must dos" next visit. :D
Casey's sounds good right about now :D
mjmcsl4me ~ what happens with the opening pitch at Casey's? I've never heard about that before...

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Mon 19, 2013 6:56 am

[quote="L3PCT"]Today's smell ... Walking by Casey's corner and smelling all that yummy food!![/quote
I love Casey's !! That's our first quick service meal when we get to Magic Kingdom!! :D

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Mon 19, 2013 8:15 am

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
mjmcsl4me ~ what happens with the opening pitch at Casey's? I've never heard about that before...
Hey Amy we were walking by I believe after breakfast and a guy dressed as a baseball player asked if my son wanted to throw the opening pitch. So my son got to throw him the ball! Then he, my son and a group of cast members I believe from Casey's sang 'Take Me Out To The Ball Game'! They invited my oldest daughter as well to get up with them and sing! And they gave them Cracker Jacks! It was a very neat experience we didn't even know about!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Mon 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
Neither have I!! How cool for him!!!

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Mon 19, 2013 12:05 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
L3PCT wrote:Today's smell ... Walking by Casey's corner and smelling all that yummy food!![/quote
I love Casey's !! That's our first quick service meal when we get to Magic Kingdom!! :D
That is my husband and I's last meal before we leave ... we like to sit in the room with the cartoons and chill :wink:

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Mon 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi,

So, I just posted about Casey's Corner and sitting and watching the cartoons in the back/side room while I enjoy my yummy food, when I just had a thought ... maybe someone can answer this ... Does anyone know why they removed showing the old Disney cartoons in the hotel rooms??? My husband and I were soooo bummed when we went back to our room a couple years ago and realized they weren't showing them anymore!!! :cry: Maybe I'm wrong ... but we couldn't find any channels that had them on ...