Interesting Walt Disney World or Disneyland Experiences

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Interesting Walt Disney World or Disneyland Experiences

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Mon 08, 2006 12:14 pm

When I was a senior in high school, my friends and I were outside of Morrocco, I think, at Epcot. We were all there because our marching band had come down to be in the 2000 Magic Music Days Celebration. Anyway, we found these drums under some huts and started playing. I played the big one. Duh...Duh...Duh...Duh. someone else grabbed a smaller one. Duh duh...Duh duh...Duh duh. And so on, till we built a pretty cool back beat. The last of us grabbed the smallest drum and started soloing. We made a pretty awesome drum show. In fact...People stopped, took pictures, and even filmed us as if we were part of a show.

After about 3 minutes of this, the actual Disney Performers in authentic African garb and with portable drums came out, and sort of "showed us up." We kind of believe they came out early because they saw the crowd forming. I mean it was some random time like 3:27 and not on the 5s.

We got them back though...they grabbed a volunteer to come up and have a "drum show down" and they chose the one of us that was a drummer. And they got "served" ha ha.