WDW Stage performances

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Aug Thu 16, 2007 2:08 pm

This got me thinking about what could be considered a current "stage show" in Disney. Here's what I could come up with:

MK
Cinderelebration

AK
Nemo Musical
Festival of the Lion King

Studios
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Indiana Jones (?)
Fantasmic (?)

Epcot
No real "regularly scheduled" stage shows, unless you count Off Kilter

Each and every one of these are fantastic. If you count Fantasmic, then that is our family's all-time favorite. If not, then Beauty and the Beast and Festival of the Lion King are the best.
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Thu 16, 2007 8:22 pm

I thought that Cinderellabration is no longer at WDW. It wasn't there in December when we went. the daytime show was Dream Along With Mickey.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

ralberts
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ralberts » Aug Fri 17, 2007 7:01 am

I'm really sad over Tarzan Rocks!
I am too, I thought it was a great show, but of course I also liked the Jungle Book show that played there before Tarzan Rocks. Of course I am looking forward to viewing the new Nemo show. I understand that it is incredible.
Randall

stilts
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by stilts » Sep Mon 03, 2007 9:12 pm

To those of you who posted I really appreciate your compliments. As a performer in many of the shows mentioned I just want to say I'm glad that our shows are enjoyed as much as they are. I've performed in The Hunchback Show, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Fantasmic and I'm currently performing in the Festival of the Lion King show. I've been working for Disney now for 18 years. Once again "Thanks" for all the great compliments.
Just one correction, one of the posts for Festival of the Lion King show said something about animatronics. Simba, Pumba, the elephant and giraffe are actually puppets.

jbvenn
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jbvenn » Sep Mon 03, 2007 10:52 pm

rmorton50 wrote: We just saw Nemo last week and I think it is now my favorite, after Fantasmic.
I saw a bit of it on a travel show and it really looks fantastic. I hope by the time I finally get back to the World (who knows when), it's still running.
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

blinkereye123

Post by blinkereye123 » Sep Tue 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Hey folks. Here's another old-fogey response; my favorite stage show of all time would have to be the late, lamented Diamond Horseshoe Revue. Although I only saw it once in its last days it was really memorable. As someone who takes great pleasure in making comparisions between DL's Golden Horseshoe and WDW's Diamond DL wins for tradition while WDW gets points for attention to detail. On a side note, (although I never actually saw it), Surprise in the Skies always seemed like a great addition for the 20th anniversary as well as a great Epcot show. Well, until I can think of something better, or at least different, I'll sign off for now. Later, peace.

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Sep Tue 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Wow blinkereye123 I totally forgot about this show! It was one of the first show's I saw as a kid on my very first trip to MK. I thought it was a really funny and entertaining show and it still has a lot of sentimental value to me. I remember the whole... " and he knocked out all their fillings..." part and they punch one of the singers and he spit out teeth for like two minutes nonstop.

Ah... memories... :goofy:

"Disneyland is a show."
---Walter Elias Disney

tmptnr
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by tmptnr » Sep Fri 07, 2007 10:49 pm

As far as live performances... Festival of the Lion King is outstanding. I do think they could use some more live music around the parks. I think they should build some theaters at Downtown Disney and have all of their broadway musicals playing all year round. Maybe rotate them through out the year.

jbvenn

Post by jbvenn » Sep Sat 08, 2007 12:21 am

Of all the stage shows I haven't seen, the one I want most to see is Fantasmic. We have never done it because we usually don't spend that much time at MGM and we have always heard that you have to stake out a seat hours in advance, which seems like a waste of valuable park time.

Can anyone tell me if it is still a long wait to see Fantasmic!? I know there are dinner/show packages, but that doesn't appeal to me much. How far in advance to you have to show up to get a decent seat?
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

stilts
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by stilts » Sep Mon 10, 2007 5:39 pm

Hey jbveen, if you're there on a two show night the wait is much shorter for the second show. Yes the wait for the first show can be up to 1 1/2 hours in the theatre and who knows how much longer outside the theatre. On a two show night the theatre opens about an hour prior to the second showing. As for the dinner package, don't bother. The dinner package seats are far to the right side of stage and the view is not that good. Of course this time of year one can get a good seat almost up to showtime. Come on down and visit us here in Orlando!

KAJUNKING
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by KAJUNKING » Sep Mon 10, 2007 6:37 pm

it would have to be festival of the lion king for me, and beauty and the beast 2nd
Jimmy
Co-host The Disney Nerds Podcast

www.thedisneynerds.com

js3901

Post by js3901 » Sep Mon 10, 2007 9:10 pm

I think we did more waiting inside the theater than outside when we went in December. Took about 1-1 1/2 hours before show started after we got seats front and center, about 4 or 5 rows from the top (we chose those seats).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak