Your thoughts on the Reopening and the rules. Will You Attend?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Your thoughts on the Reopening and the rules. Will You Attend?

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Jun Fri 05, 2020 7:18 am

Hey everyone,

I was just curious. Honestly I haven't read through all the rules but I am curious from what I read, how many Disney World fans will be returning to the parks when they open? It sounds complicated to me unless I'm thinking too hard about it. You have to make reservations now to attend a park, so does that mean obviously no park hopping unless you make reservations for two parks right? And you have to know what parts specifically you want to go to? No changing minds your minds.

Also everyone will have to wear a mask. My biggest concern for this one is it just seems like its going to get so hot.

Lastly, all I can think about is there will be no character performers or photo ops, no fast passes, no buying quick buying from food carts right? ( I always buy a coke and/or a Mickey bar from a stand). Will it even be worth it returning to the parks, IF you can get reservations? Please help educate me and give me your opinions.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Your thoughts on the Reopening and the rules. Will You Attend?

Post by horizons1 » Jun Fri 05, 2020 11:47 am

I'm gonna wait. I don't feel the need to spend the same money for a reduced experience.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 06, 2020 9:21 am

I haven't been following too closely as my next trip will likely be several years away. The only thing I've read is that for the time being, there will be no park hopping allowed at all. So you have to pick a park and that's it for the day. We've always purchased park hoppers because with all the extra private events or hard ticket events, you almost needed to be able to visit a few parks a day in order to feel like you got a full day in!
I'm not crazy about the masks either, about 8 months out of the year I think the heat would be too oppressive for me to even consider it, and the cooler months would be a challenge as well. Of course if I was faced with the choice of being able to be in the parks with a mask vs. not being able to be in the parks at all, of course I would opt for the mask and park time, but I'm like horizons, I wouldn't want to pay for what is sure to be a very reduced experience for the foreseeable future.

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Jun Sat 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Yes I agree with you both. I'm going through serious withdrawals but I'm so concerned about the heat, it seems like we would have to bring a few masks and change them through the day from the sweat, and having so many restrictions and/or things that will not be open to do, that I don't think it would be worth the hassle to go right now. Which is a shame really. But who knows.. after the first couple of reports come out maybe I'll cave.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 07, 2020 8:18 am

I see you are located in Florida. I would be more easily convinced to go for a day trip or perhaps a long weekend than have to fly in from Michigan. Adding on airfare and longer travel considerations makes it an easier decision.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Sun 07, 2020 11:16 am

Amy, your comment about masks reminded me of the time my wife and I took our moms to WDW in December and it was FREEZING. That's probably one time I would happily wear a mask all day!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 08, 2020 6:10 am

:lol: horizons1 ~ the winters would be a different ballgame altogether on masks for sure! :lol: But since it is regularly around/below 0° in Michigan for several months out of the year, it has to be pretty cold before I even change out of shorts at WDW! :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Mon 08, 2020 11:31 am

LOL. My blood has gotten very thin living in AZ. I used to be able to tolerate much colder weather than I can now. I've become a wimp.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 09, 2020 6:48 am

I've heard that happens. My high school friend has lived in Oklahoma for quite a few years now and will complain when it is in the 60's because he has to wear sweats and a hat while exercising so he doesn't get too chilly. If I thought that would happen to me, I'd move to Florida sooner than later, but I think I would just be miserably hot all the time :/

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Tue 09, 2020 11:34 am

Our summers are like your winters. We just stay inside a lot.

disneyfox23
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by disneyfox23 » Aug Fri 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Ok, parks have been opened for a while, and we’ve watched a ton of vlogs to see what things look like... sometimes it’s crowded and seems unsafe, other times it seems rather empty. (Hit or miss, and no rhyme or reason)
I thought by now the parks would be pretty full (up to their own capacity limits), but that doesn’t seem to be happening.
We live in Wisconsin, so probably wouldn’t fly yet anyway, but we all want to go, so bad.
Disneyland is starting to take reservations at hotels, so the parks may be opening soon too.
Either way, we’re looking forward to any kind of Disney trip again.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 24, 2020 10:08 am

I think a lot of the issues have to be with people still fearful of going and other areas having quarantine’s in place. I for one would be willing to take the trip but I am not allowed to travel yet due to my state restrictions as well as employment restrictions. Currently at 9 months of no Disney and it’s the longest I have gone without being in the parks in a few years.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Mon 24, 2020 10:48 am

I heard Bob Chapek say, by way of explaining the planned operating hour reduction, that a lot of people are canceling their vacations. Maybe they should do some price rollbacks and lure passholders.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 25, 2020 7:36 am

I'm thinking the summer weather in Florida would be affecting peoples' decision to go as well. I haven't been to Florida during the summer since I was in my teens, but I remember that heat and humidity all too well. Actually we are having about that same weather in Michigan more and more now so I don't have to remember too hard :roll: but the thought of 8-10 hours in a mask there is just too much. Would I turn down an opportunity to go if I had it? Heck no! But I wouldn't plan a trip with the way things currently are, reduced hours, heat and masks, no shows, fireworks, etc...

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Aug Tue 25, 2020 9:25 am

My wife and I have trips scheduled in October (45 days to go) and in November (a rescheduled April trip). We're collecting a supply of masks and hope the weather isn't too warm to make it more comfortable. We're DVC and Pass-holders so our individual trip expense isn't so bad but I would think that for many, now would be a hard time to justify a trip due to...lets say "return on investment" and possible risks. We'll be careful, wear a mask, don't touch stuff, wash your hands, don't touch your face, wash your hands...etc, but we're itching to go! It's bound to be a different trip none the less.