WDW college program experiences

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: WDW college program experiences

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 10, 2011 7:52 pm

packwingfn wrote:Update: I will be a relief coordinator later this month. Right now I have to be trained first at the Hall of Presidents (which I got yesterday) and Liberty Sq Riverboat (next week) then i'll gain my shadows as a coordinator the week later is what i'm thinking will happen! :-)
Congrats! Sounds like you are moving up the ladder quickly :D I'll be keeping an eye out for you when we are there in a week or so...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Sat 03, 2011 12:53 am

Well since CP number 3 is now cancelled in favour of the DCL internship... :mrgreen: I must say I'm glad in a way. I was open to the third CP but I was also ready to move on and do something more on a professional level.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 03, 2011 9:33 am

Soarin08 wrote:Well since CP number 3 is now cancelled in favour of the DCL internship... :mrgreen: I must say I'm glad in a way. I was open to the third CP but I was also ready to move on and do something more on a professional level.
Congrats Soarin' ~ it sounds like you are very ready for the professional internship and that could lead to more great things down the road :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Sun 04, 2011 12:51 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Well since CP number 3 is now cancelled in favour of the DCL internship... :mrgreen: I must say I'm glad in a way. I was open to the third CP but I was also ready to move on and do something more on a professional level.
Congrats Soarin' ~ it sounds like you are very ready for the professional internship and that could lead to more great things down the road :D
Thanks! :) I'm hoping so, if this internship goes well I might see about extending it through for another six months if allowed. Not having ever worked anywhere but physically on property, this is going to be a bit weird. Anyone in the Orlando area know where the cruise line offices are? Apparently that's where they put me.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Mar Fri 22, 2013 1:16 pm

I was reading through all of my old blogs and it brought back some memories. So I figured I'd give an update on here: I am now a full time attractions coordinator in Ad/Lib Attractions. I'm either Tiki Coordinator (which covers Aladdin,Tiki,Treehouse, Hall of Presidents & Riverboat) or the Pirates Coordinator. I am still trained to be a Jungle Cruise Coordinator too but I'm hardly there. I am trainined to operate all of the attractions including the Haunted Mansion too. I also facilitate from time to time the Once Upon a Time is Now class which is the orientation for new Magic Kingdom Cast members.

Life has been fun and I love learning new things almost every day.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Fri 22, 2013 2:18 pm

packwingfn wrote:I was reading through all of my old blogs and it brought back some memories. So I figured I'd give an update on here: I am now a full time attractions coordinator in Ad/Lib Attractions. I'm either Tiki Coordinator (which covers Aladdin,Tiki,Treehouse, Hall of Presidents & Riverboat) or the Pirates Coordinator. I am still trained to be a Jungle Cruise Coordinator too but I'm hardly there. I am trainined to operate all of the attractions including the Haunted Mansion too. I also facilitate from time to time the Once Upon a Time is Now class which is the orientation for new Magic Kingdom Cast members.

How is it we work in the exact same park and our paths have NEVER crossed? It just cracks me up. :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 22, 2013 8:21 pm

packwingfn wrote:I was reading through all of my old blogs and it brought back some memories. So I figured I'd give an update on here: I am now a full time attractions coordinator in Ad/Lib Attractions. I'm either Tiki Coordinator (which covers Aladdin,Tiki,Treehouse, Hall of Presidents & Riverboat) or the Pirates Coordinator. I am still trained to be a Jungle Cruise Coordinator too but I'm hardly there. I am trainined to operate all of the attractions including the Haunted Mansion too. I also facilitate from time to time the Once Upon a Time is Now class which is the orientation for new Magic Kingdom Cast members.

That's great Derek ~ you have been advancing very nicely with WDW. Glad you are enjoying your role there! :D